Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

cj maxx wrote: »
    Motion sensors in toilets. You Sit down and it’s fine , then the lights go out and your semi naked in a cubicle! Then , no matter how you try waving etc, they won’t come on.
    And then someone walks in, they think it’s empty as the lights are flickering on apart from a weirdo sitting in the dark on the loo ! :(
    There is nothing quite so depressing as the lights going out on you when you are sitting on the lav.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Hot flushes at night - **** you menopause!! I want to be 22 again, 50 ain’t working for me!!!!

Oh other TA - I’ve started liking Ed Sheeran. Maybe it’s a symptom ??? Or I’m losing my marbles ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Gervais, a tip from one who has been there. Try to avoid sugar, it literally adds fuel to the fire!

madmaggie wrote: »
    Gervais, a tip from one who has been there. Try to avoid sugar, it literally adds fuel to the fire!

Bless you!!!

I’m a card carrying certified chocoholic but I will try!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Hot flushes at night - **** you menopause!! I want to be 22 again, 50 ain’t working for me!!!!

Oh other TA - I’ve started liking Ed Sheeran. Maybe it’s a symptom ??? Or I’m losing my marbles ???

My peri menopause is insomnia. Fun times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

dubstarr wrote: »
    My peri menopause is insomnia. Fun times.

I think this is me but gp so slow to attempt to diagnose.. i'm with you if it's the same, awful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Aidan Harney

When I'm driving and someone steps into the road and directs me, either to stop to let others out (normally construction traffic) or some other instruction.
    That annoys me, get proper traffic management if its needed or get out of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People who answer rhetorical questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

People who answer rhetorical questions

Had an English friend who didn't get the Irish way of speaking in rhetorical questions. I think it's our indirect manner of not being overpowering/bossy.

He would get annoyed when I would frame a statement as a question and shout that he didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The road works!!
    It's that time of year with council budgets and the "use it or lose it" syndrome.
    4 different sets of road works with stop go systems in place over the last couple of weeks on my way to work.
    Today was 2 sets of stop go and, I reckon there will be a third on my way home.

Why can't they plan their work over the year?

OK, credit where credit's due.
    The road works I'd feared on my way home were really well managed.
    So, the night before I posted, they's taken the surface off the road but there was no disruption or workers there in the morning. When I came back that afternoon, the road was resurfaced but unlined and no disruption or workers there.
    So, it seems that Cork City Council are working overnight (one night anyway, clearing off for rush hour, working during the day and clearing off for the evening rush hour again. Fair pley - and you won't find me praising CCC very often.

Only one stop go this morning - still three lots of road works, though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I was recommended sage tea or tablets from health shops or seabuckthorn tho Im the only one who has heard of that.
    The sage devotees love it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

One of the symptoms of covid is that you lose your sense of taste so it could be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Had an English friend who didn't get the Irish way of speaking in rhetorical questions. I think it's our indirect manner of not being overpowering/bossy.

He would get annoyed when I would frame a statement as a question and shout that he didn't know.

Is this a thing? I've had so many people get irritated with me since I moved to London, especially men at work. They say I'm not being clear....like if I wanted someone to do something, I wouldn't tell them to do it, I'd say something like 'do you want to hold that door open for a sec so I can wheel in the whiteboard?' and they'd always reply some smart arse answer like 'no, I don't really want to.' Like, what was I meant to say in that situation? 'Hold the door open'? As if they wouldn't find that bossy and offensive?!

Had never heard in my life before that the way I talk is annoying. Is it an Irish thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I wish I had a lid for this or some kind of waterproof cover for it

I found a cover for this by accident :) only have to find something to tie it down with now

One of the symptoms of covid is that you lose your sense of taste so it could be that.

Brilliant!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I found a cover for this by accident :) only have to find something to tie it down with now

Bungee chords, hardware/ bikeshops would be a good bet

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Incorrectly wicked candles, mainly large diameter candles with small wicks that don't burn all the wax. One ends up with a large ring of unmelted wax as the wick burns a hole into the candle, after a while one can hardly see the flame or it just becomes flooded with melted wax and goes out.

I've so many similar candles that I'm considering getting moulds and making new candles from the unburned wax.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Why can’t all washing machines come with a hose at the bottom so if you need to empty it and check what’s blocking the filter there’s no need to turn into MacGyver and use the oven tray while tilting the machine back with a shoulder :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Is this a thing? I've had so many people get irritated with me since I moved to London, especially men at work. They say I'm not being clear....like if I wanted someone to do something, I wouldn't tell them to do it, I'd say something like 'do you want to hold that door open for a sec so I can wheel in the whiteboard?' and they'd always reply some smart arse answer like 'no, I don't really want to.' Like, what was I meant to say in that situation? 'Hold the door open'? As if they wouldn't find that bossy and offensive?!

Had never heard in my life before that the way I talk is annoying. Is it an Irish thing?

You're meant to frame it in the negative of course, "you wouldn't hold that door open for me, would you?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The rain.

• Advertisement

Crumbly biscuits and cakes, flakes and stuff like that. You end up wearing the half of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

https://i.ytimg.com/an_webp/we8g99pIYW8/mqdefault_6s.webp?du=3000&sqp=COPFr_0F&rs=AOn4CLA4yR_xD5_vHD01Bz3T-aak4J6djQ

This,it even has Christopher Walken in it.

I havent laughed so much in ages.

Crumbly biscuits and cakes, flakes and stuff like that. You end up wearing the half of it.

the secret is to dislocate your jaw and swallow them whole.

sausage rolls!!

the secret is to dislocate your jaw and swallow them whole.
    I ain't Linda Lovelace like :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I ain't Linda Lovelace like :eek:

No need to disconnect your mandible from your head. The secret is getting a good seal with your lips before you nibble.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    No need to disconnect your mandible from your head. The secret is getting a good seal with your lips before you nibble.
    f179faa83f54226bd5faa3a63082e677.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Antares35 wrote: »
    You're meant to frame it in the negative of course, "you wouldn't hold that door open for me, would you?" :D

You've reminded me of another thing people have complained about. :pac:

I said something like 'I wouldn't be keen on white chocolate" and the English fellas went mad, asking me why I didn't just say "I'm not keen on white chocolate".

I genuinely don't understand why they care?! They have plenty of their own annoying grammar mistakes....leave me alone ,like :D

They have plenty of their own annoying grammar mistakes....leave me alone ,like :D

Every other day wrecks my head.

"I'd like 2 pints of milk on Monday, and one pint every other day"

In the case above, it's incredibly confusing - just say every second day!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My aunt's 2 dogs recently passed away. Very sad situation, I totally empathise and my heart broke for her. She lives alone (as her son is at college) in a nice quiet estate across the road from my mother (her sister). We all knew she'd get another dog as she loved the company but I was horrified to hear that she was buying a german shepherd dog for 700 euro. Such a bad idea for so many reasons. I tried to explain to her that they grow to be huge dogs and will need miles of walking every day to keep it healthy, and she's a small slight woman who might not be able to handle a dog that large if he gets excited on a walk. Then there's also the cost of food which will probably be astronomical. I tried to encourage her to go to a shelter or the local pound to see if she could adopt a dog.

What made it worse is that her son encouraged her to get a GS because "it'll be a great guard dog". She doesn't live in Beruit, it's a small town in Tipperary ffs. Her idiot son won't have to deal with the dog because he's away in college all week. FS.

Completely ignored me and went and bought the dog anyway. :rolleyes::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement