Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I think the lovely lady above is a nurse (think I saw it ages ago) and I was going to say aloe gel. It's 99% pure and about 10 euro in chemists.

I use it for burns and rashes etc, it's vital to have in the house. Good for sunburn too for future note. Keep it in the fridge if you can.

TA day from hell. Can't even talk about it.

Chrisht. Sorry to hear about your day.. :mad:

I know, another lesson learned! I'm going to get some tomorrow. It looks like it's going to scar. I'm using savlon for now!

(TH for all the caring responses) Wrong thread I know but thanks :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Bredabe wrote: »
    I emailed a member of staff in the uni as we are being forced into a lot of work in a 92 hours period.
    This completely goes again the timetable we were given and no notice of change.

TA The smarmy arrogant response I received back, he even implied that I was whinging bc of my dyslexia and wasn't capable of doing the work.

If you have an access office get onto them asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

TA a friend of mine called me earlier and asked a question I generally hate "So, hows the love life?"... he knows my current situation so I said "non existent...obviously!" he went on to say you can never underestimate mens desire to have sex and I could easily get laid if I wanted too.
    So many things irritated me about the conversation. I've just had my heart smashed into pieces and been let down by someone I loved, there's a lockdown and nowhere to go to meet people and what was the other thing...oh damn I can't remember..what is it again...oh yeah, I'm pregnant!! Form an orderly queue lads, batting them off with a stick so I am, there's not a man alive who doesn't want a hormonal heartbroken knocked up lady🙄🙄🙄🙄

Porklife wrote: »
    TA a friend of mine called me earlier and asked a question I generally hate "So, hows the love life?"... he knows my current situation so I said "non existent...obviously!" he went on to say you can never underestimate mens desire to have sex and I could easily get laid if I wanted too.
    So many things irritated me about the conversation. I've just had my heart smashed into pieces and been let down by someone I loved, there's a lockdown and nowhere to go to meet people and what was the other thing...oh damn I can't remember..what is it again...oh yeah, I'm pregnant!! Form an orderly queue lads, batting them off with a stick so I am, there's not a man alive who doesn't want a hormonal heartbroken knocked up lady🙄🙄🙄🙄

Eh, Pork, I think your 'friend' might have been chancing his arm with you there.

So many things irritated me about the conversation. I've just had my heart smashed into pieces and been let down by someone I loved, there's a lockdown and nowhere to go to meet people and what was the other thing...oh damn I can't remember..what is it again...oh yeah, I'm pregnant!! Form an orderly queue lads, batting them off with a stick so I am, there's not a man alive who doesn't want a hormonal heartbroken knocked up lady��������

People can be so insensitive. *hugs* :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

TA - on the story about Wild Mountain Thyme RTE adding insult to injury by saying Jamie Dornan was from Belfast!!!!

He is in me hole!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

There's no such thing as overly sensitive hearing.

If anything, I have worse than average hearing because I get really bad impacted wax (sorry for the TMI).

The flat is on quite a busy street and I generally sleep through all of the city street noise (drunk people, cars beeping, police helicopter) but I think most people would find it impossible to sleep through a very loud, completely audible conversation two feet from where they're lying in bed. Most people would only shout like that if they were having a serious argument or something was wrong - this guy just has absolutely no concept of an appropriate speaking volume, at all. :(

No indoor voice my mother always says.

I know exactly what you mean, I've a niece who's the same, even though she's been told by lots of people that's she really loud she just seems incapable of toning it down.

TA that she drives me nuts when we're at any family gathering and the drunker she gets the louder she gets. She could be telling you the time and the whole estate would hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

So many things irritated me about the conversation. I've just had my heart smashed into pieces and been let down by someone I loved, there's a lockdown and nowhere to go to meet people and what was the other thing...oh damn I can't remember..what is it again...oh yeah, I'm pregnant!! Form an orderly queue lads, batting them off with a stick so I am, there's not a man alive who doesn't want a hormonal heartbroken knocked up lady��������

Ye sounds like he was on the mooch.

Some people have no empathy or cop on.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    TA - on the story about Wild Mountain Thyme RTE adding insult to injury by saying Jamie Dornan was from Belfast!!!!

He is in me hole!!!

I saw the clip not long after I woke up this morning..

You'd have trouble now sitting me down to watch more than 2 minutes of it. I just couldn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

The way RTE news readers, including those from Connemara, say Gardai and Oireachtas. Gawrthee and Ihricktis.

• Advertisement

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ye sounds like he was on the mooch.

Some people have no empathy or cop on.

Yeah well he'll have to stand in line cos I'm telling ya, phone is hopping with offers from sexy eligible bachelors. I'm even thinking of hiring a bodyguard cos the men are fighting to get a piece of me every time I go to Tescos in my pjamas with my hair balled on top of my head. I've never felt more desirable:p
    Ah, he's just a bit of a clown and quite insensitive at times. He's the kind of guy who lacks empathy for others and just kinda shrugs his shoulders when you tell him bad news.
    It's also a TA though this depiction that men just want to have sex with anything that moves at any given moment. It's not true. Like today he was genuinely advising me to get on tinder despite obviously being pregnant and saying men wont care once they can get laid. I really hope that's not true or I've lost all faith in humanity.
    Rant over:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I saw the clip not long after I woke up this morning..

You'd have trouble now sitting me down to watch more than 2 minutes of it. I just couldn't!
    It looks rubbish. But any film is automatically improved by the presence of Christopher Walken :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Yeah well he'll have to stand in line cos I'm telling ya, phone is hopping with offers from sexy eligible bachelors. I'm even thinking of hiring a bodyguard cos the men are fighting to get a piece of me every time I go to Tescos in my pjamas with my hair balled on top of my head. I've never felt more desirable:p
    Ah, he's just a bit of a clown and quite insensitive at times. He's the kind of guy who lacks empathy for others and just kinda shrugs his shoulders when you tell him bad news.
    It's also a TA though this depiction that men just want to have sex with anything that moves at any given moment. It's not true. Like today he was genuinely advising me to get on tinder despite obviously being pregnant and saying men wont care once they can get laid. I really hope that's not true or I've lost all faith in humanity.

He sounds disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

no, you have that wrong. lack of movement would not be an issue

I kid, I kid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Multiple choice quizzes.

Watching the chase with the Mrs and she is guessing every question. The very odd occasion she gets one right she let's out a yeaaaaaaa and thinks she's wonderful.

Now I'm pausing it before the 3 options come up and it's wrecking her head.

It wouldn't surprise me and I don't even like to say that but from what I've observed from men thinking women are in lockdown and only gagging for it and sure she won't do better etc. etc.

I just find it all weird.

Maybe it's his way of trying to encourage you .. :confused: (encourage you to have more belief in yourself really I think) Obviously don't know the guy and could be way off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I hate when your walking in the dark and you hear crunching then you realise you are after stepping on a shellakybooky as my grandmother called them. It always makes me feel bad

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Those new ads on RTE about how great people were for looking after their Granny during Covid-19. Yes, I know I'm a heartless git.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It wouldn't surprise me and I don't even like to say that but from what I've observed from men thinking women are in lockdown and only gagging for it and sure she won't do better etc. etc.

I just find it all weird.

Maybe it's his way of trying to encourage you .. :confused: (encourage you to have more belief in yourself really I think) Obviously don't know the guy and could be way off the mark.

I was asked to go to a fella's house outside the 5km, didn't have his number, full name. Imagine being stopped at a checkpoint trying to explain that one in the middle of a weather warning. Oh ah, just visiting a stranger who thinks I'm up for sex Guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Americanisms

Multiple choice quizzes.

Watching the chase with the Mrs and she is guessing every question. The very odd occasion she gets one right she let's out a yeaaaaaaa and thinks she's wonderful.

Now I'm pausing it before the 3 options come up and it's wrecking her head.

At least The Chase has a balance of multiple choice and no choice questions (in the cash builder and final chase).

Don't know why Tipping Point doesn't have a system of no MCQ's for three counters in the final round questions

• Advertisement

I was asked to go to a fella's house outside the 5km, didn't have his number, full name. Imagine being stopped at a checkpoint trying to explain that one in the middle of a weather warning. Oh ah, just visiting a stranger who thinks I'm up for sex Guard.

Oh classy, bet he thought he was paying you a compliment as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Oh classy, bet he thought he was paying you a compliment as well.

I know ya. I said to him we can meet for coffee in public and never heard from him again. That's not safe driving to a strange man's house you never met and futhermore the way things are now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Youtube not working at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

branie2 wrote: »
    Youtube not working at the moment

Or my Netflix..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The amount of fûcking adds on YouTube now.... I was watching a very boring but useful informational thing about exercising, every few minutes throughout the 21:58 it’s breaking off into adds showing me various advertisements...

Same last week when I’m looking up recipes and then travel stuff ...

Why the fûck does every other YouTube vid now have to be full of interruptions... grr

Now it seems YouTube is broken doh !

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Feeling like shiiiiit, night 2 of no sleep.
    Felt a bit feverish Monday night, popped a benelyn before bed and woke up normal.

Then progressively the fever came back. I’m like feck it can’t be covid, it’s more than a fever and a headache.
    Woke this mirning after maybe a 2 hour sleep and thought ok maybe I should get this checked out.

I see theres a test centre near me so I fill in a form online on my GP’s website and 10 mins later get a test for tomorrow out in the airport (I don’t drive).
    There’s a link in the text to say if you need to change tome/venue. I click on the link and it cancels my appointment.

Feck sake, so I ring the GP. The secretary who generally has a face on her at the best of times said, well why didn’t you write that on the form.
    I said there’s no question of that, you see my address why would you not choose the one a 5 min walk from my house. Then she said can you not just get a taxi? No, that would mean getting in a car with another person. Imagine saying to the driver, the covid test centre please. Stupid cow.
    After much sighing she manages to book me in for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Plastered all over Boohoo Site like Graffiti, to use a Code to get an extra 40% off. Entered Code at Checkout: "Promo code cannot currently be added to your bag." Ya don't say! Surprise Sur fracking prise! Wasn't expecting it to anyway! There'd have to be Pigs flyin' for those things to actually work and avail of them!:P:pac::rolleyes::rolleyes: Bit of a bummer really though 'cos 40% Discount would be a fair considerable decent discount to get. Be nice for a change to get something back instead of always shelling out money! Wonder now why that Code won't work... Annoying that they havn't elaborated on why it may not work.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Facemask makes my glasses steam up.

Top Tip, depending on how bad your sight is - keep your glasses in a shirt pocket so they don't get cold, then put them on when you get inside the shop.

TA, seems to be Aldi staff policy that cashiers put the change down on the counter. It was OK for me to put notes & coins into your hand though?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Top Tip, depending on how bad your sight is - keep your glasses in a shirt pocket so they don't get cold, then put them on when you get inside the shop.

TA, seems to be Aldi staff policy that cashiers put the change down on the counter. It was OK for me to put notes & coins into your hand though?
    Id absolutely prefer them to put the money on the counter every time.
    My TA is cashiers who don't do that. I put my money down on the counter for them so I expect change to be returned to me the same.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Feeling like shiiiiit, night 2 of no sleep.
    Felt a bit feverish Monday night, popped a benelyn before bed and woke up normal.

Then progressively the fever came back. I’m like feck it can’t be covid, it’s more than a fever and a headache.
    Woke this mirning after maybe a 2 hour sleep and thought ok maybe I should get this checked out.

I see theres a test centre near me so I fill in a form online on my GP’s website and 10 mins later get a test for tomorrow out in the airport (I don’t drive).
    There’s a link in the text to say if you need to change tome/venue. I click on the link and it cancels my appointment.

Feck sake, so I ring the GP. The secretary who generally has a face on her at the best of times said, well why didn’t you write that on the form.
    I said there’s no question of that, you see my address why would you not choose the one a 5 min walk from my house. Then she said can you not just get a taxi? No, that would mean getting in a car with another person. Imagine saying to the driver, the covid test centre please. Stupid cow.
    After much sighing she manages to book me in for tomorrow.

That's so out of line her saying can you not just get a taxi! Cheeky bitch. Your mode of transport is none of her business, insensitive and unprofessional.
    Hope you feel better soon. Fingers crossed with the test 🀞
    TA I'm out of bread and will have to go to the shop and I just know I'll end up buying way more than just bread. I'll somehow spend 500 euro and come home with no bread wearing a top hat with a new dog and a deposit on a Ferrari.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement