Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Holywood, County Down - my people are from the Mourne Mountains area.

Thanks, just wondering. He's still from Ireland though so he should have some idea that he's making a bollix of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Thanks, just wondering. He's still from Ireland though so he should have some idea that he's making a bollix of it.

Oh I’d never defend the accent in that film - he wants a kicking!!!

And I like him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    People who waltz into the queue before you and think a smile will make it ok ?

Yep, It’s more prevalent in pubs than anywhere else... I guess with alcohol people don’t or sorry some people don’t have that filter or deterrent....I’ve seen it a lot in taxi Q’s and ATM Q’s at the end of a night too...

At a rank at 1.30am.. “sorry, I know this is cheeky but we are girls” as they pushed passed us, laughing, no the fact of your anatomy is .... female does not allow you to keep me standing for another half a fûcking hour in -2 degrees, in freezing sleet, developing a hangover, with my genuinely asthmatic friend.. in fairness the taxi driver locked the cab, wouldn’t let them in and called us next... Q abuse from the rest who’d been skipped too including other females... number 1 to 91... as it should be. Try that in Liverpool at 1.30am and see what happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Feck sake, so I ring the GP. The secretary who generally has a face on her at the best of times said, well why didn’t you write that on the form.
    I said there’s no question of that, you see my address why would you not choose the one a 5 min walk from my house. Then she said can you not just get a taxi? No, that would mean getting in a car with another person. Imagine saying to the driver, the covid test centre please. Stupid cow.
    After much sighing she manages to book me in for tomorrow.

We might as well be going to the same doctors surgery. The secretary at mine would carry on exactly this way and is a complete melt and drama queen. Pity because all four doctors are beyond superb medical professionals and hugely nice and easy to deal with but this...I thought I saw her smile one day, but it was indigestion.

I had an appointment for a Friday at 3.30pm for a check up and to touch base regarding test results... I called on the Monday to see if I could cancel or rather defer to the following Monday afternoon as a result of a last minute travel opportunity to the UK for a match...

“ mr Strumms, it’s a medical surgery here, not a convenience, you know we’ve a waiting list of patients now ? “.

Me : “ excellent, I’ll be sure to mention your thoughts to Dr Kelly aka your boss, now are you going to facilitate the change the appointment ?”

She did with a sharp intake of breath and a tut like I’d crawled in her bedroom window and stolen her foot spa...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have had a very caegy bluebottle in my house since yesterday that i have not been able to whack.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Strumms wrote: »
    Yep, It’s more prevalent in pubs than anywhere else... I guess with alcohol people don’t or sorry some people don’t have that filter or deterrent....I’ve seen it a lot in taxi Q’s and ATM Q’s at the end of a night too...

At a rank at 1.30am.. “sorry, I know this is cheeky but we are girls” as they pushed passed us, laughing, no the fact of your anatomy is .... female does not allow you to keep me standing for another half a fûcking hour in -2 degrees, in freezing sleet, developing a hangover, with my genuinely asthmatic friend.. in fairness the taxi driver locked the cab, wouldn’t let them in and called us next... Q abuse from the rest who’d been skipped too including other females... number 1 to 91... as it should be. Try that in Liverpool at 1.30am and see what happens...

I’ve spent a lot of time in Liverpool and can concur - trying to get to the coach’for a ferry after a match and a gaggle of Barbies try to nick our cab.

Told unceremoniously to **** off!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

TA that I just don’t understand the word “woke “
    Not the one where I woke up early but another “woke”
    I have looked it up and think I get it then see some write it in a sentance and I have no clue what it means again .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

The motor journalist who talks about cars on the last word. The way he talks just grates on me and the stuff he spouts about cars you'd swear it was aerospace and really important sh!t bah

Jess Kelly on about tech on Newstalk. We get it you are really into your tech jess, dial it down a bit. I probaly just find talk of the latest iphone etc. boring as ****/waste of money

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

pinkyeye wrote: »

He has done normal Irish accent before, like in Siege At Jadotville so he can do it easily if he wants.
    I think that as this film is intended for the US market he was probably told to ham up the accent and talk more like a diddley-ai leprechaun. The yanks lap that stuff up, thatched cottages, coortin in the kitchen, maidens dancing at the crossroads and all that stuff.
    You are more likely to see a gang of skangers dancing on some poor fella's head nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I think that as this film is intended for the US market he was probably told to ham up the accent and talk more like a diddley-ai leprechaun. The yanks lap that stuff up, thatched cottages, coortin in the kitchen, maidens dancing at the crossroads and all that stuff.

Maybe it was directed by Harold Zoid:

• Advertisement

TA Peter Sutcliffe died v recently - who knew? I assumed he was dead years. Guess what was the cause - C effin virus.... IS THERE NO END TO THIS PROPERGANDA? :mad:

I guess dead "Yorkshire Rippers" can't talk - 't weren't that at all mate - had me a dicky ticker for years, or summit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Strumms wrote: »
    We might as well be going to the same doctors surgery. The secretary at mine would carry on exactly this way and is a complete melt and drama queen. Pity because all four doctors are beyond superb medical professionals and hugely nice and easy to deal with but this...I thought I saw her smile one day, but it was indigestion.

I had an appointment for a Friday at 3.30pm for a check up and to touch base regarding test results... I called on the Monday to see if I could cancel or rather defer to the following Monday afternoon as a result of a last minute travel opportunity to the UK for a match...

“ mr Strumms, it’s a medical surgery here, not a convenience, you know we’ve a waiting list of patients now ? “.

Me : “ excellent, I’ll be sure to mention your thoughts to Dr Kelly aka your boss, now are you going to facilitate the change the appointment ?”

She did with a sharp intake of breath and a tut like I’d crawled in her bedroom window and stolen her foot spa...

My GP's secretary is his wife and the biggest B*t*h going. I always refrain for longer than is necessary from going to see him because of her.

She would, as they say, ate ya without salt. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have an assessment due next week, it's a core subject, and its Teflon to my brain and memory.
    The lecture is drip-feeding the info and I need an all-over structure, this means a lot of emails between us(at least she responds unlike many from the last two years)
    Every single time she has a negative comment about the work or my approach, which is eroding my confidence and making me less likely to contact her.
    I know it's 'supposed to be for my own good', but it doesn't feel that way.

TA she has a portrait-type icon on her email and it makes me anxious when I see it in my inbox!
    TA2 I see that portrait too often.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

My GP's secretary is his wife and the biggest B*t*h going. I always refrain for longer than is necessary from going to see him because of her.

She would, as they say, ate ya without salt. :eek:

I don't know what it is about GP or consultant receptionists/secretaries...I'm sure there are pleasant ones out there but any of the ones I've dealt with are patronising and rude and don't operate like they're in a service facing role. Never had this problem in a dentist's office.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

crazy 88 wrote: »
    I don't know what it is about GP or consultant receptionists/secretaries...I'm sure there are pleasant ones out there but any of the ones I've dealt with are patronising and rude and don't operate like they're in a service facing role. Never had this problem in a dentist's office.

By the sounds of it, I am lucky with my GP's current receptionists. The old one that retired was a dragon, but her replacement is the nicest woman ever and so is one of the other part-time receptionists that they hired.

Before they hired the second part-time receptionist, they would sometimes get a temp when the young receptionist was on holidays and she was a right old b!tch to deal with. She sounded really angry on the phone that you would like to make an appointment to see the doctor.

By the sounds of it, I am lucky with my GP's current receptionists. The old one that retired was a dragon, but her replacement is the nicest woman ever and so is one of the other part-time receptionists that they hired.

Before they hired the second part-time receptionist, they would sometimes get a temp when the young receptionist was on holidays and she was a right old b!tch to deal with. She sounded really angry on the phone that you would like to make an appointment to see the doctor.

It's such an important part of the role.

I get that it's most likely incredibly pressurised and difficult and I don't really know all it entails but consistently being awful is the last thing a patient needs when trying to access help. There have been occasions when she has succeeded in bringing a tear to my eye.

I know it's not just me, this woman has a reputation from talking to other patients.

crazy 88 wrote: »

That's actually so true. My dentist's secretary is an absolute pet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for people from work contacting me on my day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Just bought two mini cheesecakes for me and my friend who's coming over tomorrow. Looked at the best before and it says 13th November. Does that mean I've to eat them both this evening?! Tragic! :p
    Genuinely wanted to save them till tomorrow. TA at Dunnes stores for not rotating their stock properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Porklife wrote: »
    Just bought two mini cheesecakes for me and my friend who's coming over tomorrow. Looked at the best before and it says 13th November. Does that mean I've to eat them both this evening?! Tragic! :p
    Genuinely wanted to save them till tomorrow. TA at Dunnes stores for not rotating their stock properly.

If its 'Best Before' it will still be safe after that date. If its 'Use By' then gobble them up, quick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I used to work as a date-checker in a supermarket and the lesson I learnt was to always check the dates on everything you pick up. I saw some shockingly long out of date products that were near the front of the shelves!!! :eek:

As a result, I am an obsessive date checker when shopping.

But to answer your question, yes I think the safest thing to do is to eat both :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I'm the same, obsessive date checker and will always root around for the best one - but don't mess up the shelves in the process. My wife isn't bothered about dates though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Ryan Tubridy...he's a fcuking arsehole.

Rugby on,instead of home and away

Its not even starting until.7pm,sick of the buzzwords already

Dunnes are really bad for this. I'm pretty consistent with checking, I am grossed out if I think things are beyond the date to a pretty stupid degree. Always reach to the back for milk :)

Anyway, on the plus side 2 x desserts tonight and sure you'll have to get something else for tomorrow too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Japanese sellers unable to send items via regular airmail due to Covid-19

Only option open to them is ship via DHL or Fedex which means certain customs duty payable when they arrive here.

Paying 21% VAT and a handling fee of €7 on second hand CDs / LPs is hard to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My housemate never. Stops. Talking. Every time she enters or leaves a room it's "Hey, how you doing, what's up?!" and "Bye, see you later, enjoy!"

We've been friends since were two. We live together. We're both working from home so we literally see each other ALL THE TIME. Stop acting like we haven't spoken in weeks every time we cross fcuking paths, AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH.

I'm extremely outgoing and would be considered a talker but I've never seen the point of talking for the sake of it. I'm actually cracking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"Christmas will be different this year".

By "different", you mean "shít".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The “piped in” crowd noises for live matches. It’s fine for soccer as it serves as an “alert” to look up from your phone but in other sports it’s just a pain.

Bit odd having a stadium “announcer” too. Just seems, wholly, unnecessary.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Sardonicat wrote: »
    If its 'Best Before' it will still be safe after that date. If its 'Use By' then gobble them up, quick!

Exactly. “Best before” means “not bad after”.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement