Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I've been on a few web meetings over the past few weeks. My own web cam is disabled.

TA'd that I don't see any off script things happening in the background on peoples webcams.

No messy houses - they are all perfect.

No kids running in background.

No wife/mistress in a dressing gown making coffee.

I was on one last week and I got three hours of looking up someone's nostril - angle the camera properly people! They looked like they were going to ingest the laptop :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Only needed one onion but shop only sells nets of onions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

A crying shame...

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,886 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Porklife wrote: »
    I used to go into the cinema and eat a truckload of pick n mix and then just leave:p

TA that I want a beer and I haven't even had coffee yet Ta'd that there's no alcohol in coffee ...unless....

Don't ask me how I know.:) But brandy tastes pretty good in coffee

• Advertisement

I hate that. Packs/nets of onions and carrots / parsnips.
    But if you only want 1or 2 the only loose ones, if at all, are whithered runts of things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Antares35 wrote: »
    I was on one last week and I got three hours of looking up someone's nostril - angle the camera properly people! They looked like they were going to ingest the laptop :eek:

Lol ðŸ˜႒

Ta I need to buy more beer

cj maxx wrote: »

Hmmmm scrap my last post about beer...I'm buying brandy. This coffee just got interesting!:p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

cj maxx wrote: »
    Hmmmm scrap my last post about beer...I'm buying brandy. This coffee just got interesting!:p

Watch out, though... there's brandy and there's brandy...

Brandy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA my cranky cynicism towards mid covid happiness on the telly. musical performances, jolly feel good gestures....often doesnt match my own mood and i hate myself for not always embracing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

New Home wrote: »
    Watch out, though... there's brandy and there's brandy...

Brandy.jpg

Just don't name a dog's dinner out if it! :-))

Just don't name a dog's dinner out if it! :-))

There's the truth...and the truth!

Ta that the Simpsons got so **** after season 8.

Second Ta that my sister just called me immature for saying party on Wayne when she said she had opened wine (I watched Wayne's World the other day)

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA my cranky cynicism towards mid covid happiness on the telly. musical performances, jolly feel good gestures....often doesnt match my own mood and i hate myself for not always embracing it.

Don't feel bad about it. Most of those suffering from toxic positivity are probably deeply unhappy somewhere in their subconscious. They're trying too hard to prove their happiness. Better to be a cynic, less potential for disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Buy golden rum.
    Espresso, butter and rum (bit of sugar, too)!
    Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

In a busy take away last night some woman on the phone couldn't seem to grasp why her order was going to take so long. She does know other people exist, right?

My car's wing mirrors retract when I lock it,it makes it handy to know it's locked just by looking.
    But I had to change that as the mirrors were constantly moving out a focus.
    Now I'm clicking my key constantly to check it's locked

• Registered Users Posts: 16,117 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

You can't use the words plan, schedule, scheme, programme anymore, everything is a "roadmap" now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You can't use the words plan, schedule, scheme, programme anymore, everything is a "roadmap" now.

Or a narrative or a conversation

Maybe no so ta but...I often see this being said and it shouldve been dispelled by now.

Telling a small woman that if she keeps standing up to a large man he will "soon back off" is bollocks.

Let me see youstand up to someone you're unevenly matched with. How about two or three armed men?

Just stand up to them, mate. Put them in their place with a few carefully chosen words, a little witty put down, and they'll drop the weapons and go running. Reformed characters forever after.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Made burger and chips for dinner.But i ddint do enough chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

When girls stick the tip of their tongue out between their teeth when they smile for photos....why?!?! Can you not smile with your tongue fully in your gob like a proper human?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Video calls /facetime.

Yes, I understand there are situations where it is useful and great when families are apart.

But generally, use the fcuking voice call feature.

This morning, was having a bit of a lie in with the Mrs. Sitting up in bed chatting. Lovely.
    Male pal of my wife's rings up for a chat - except it's video chat! Fcuk of, please. I don't want people watching me in bed, thank you very much!

Also, now under so much pressure to get involved in meet ups on zoom. I'm fcuking allergic. Yes I miss my friends. No, I don't want to go on camera as part of a group chat.
    I have to do it on occasion for work.
    Not for pleasure, thanks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When girls stick the tip of their tongue out between their teeth when they smile for photos....why?!?! Can you not smile with your tongue fully in your gob like a proper human?

I had a male colleague who used to do that all the time, even when talking.

It's only cute if you're under 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

When half your icecream falls off the stick and on the ground.
    It was a brunch too.

You're not having a good day Trigger!

My TA. There's about 12 settings on my tumble dryer. Sometimes I don't realise it's already on the right setting and I press the button and then I have to keep pressing and go through every setting to get back to where I started.

Now that really is trivial but it does irritate me.

When people say "put some time in the diary". For example, "we need to discuss project X, can we put some time in the diary next week?". No Dorris, you can't put some time in the diary because you don't get to create time. You can schedule a meeting for some of the time that already exists within the diary, but you cannot simply "put some" there. God :rolleyes:

I had a ( badly needed) shave yesterday. Today the tiny bits I missed have grown , above and below the lips. (I'm a man so geet you heads outta the gutters) which means an unnecessary shave , imo, tomorrow.
    Just annoying

Buy golden rum.
    Espresso, butter and rum (bit of sugar, too)!
    Amazing.

Is this a real thing cos if so I'm on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Companies are making it harder for customers to contact them.
    Emsils returning not received, refer to the chatbot.
    I know what I'd like to do to said chatbot.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Companies are making it harder for customers to contact them.
    Emsils returning not received, refer to the chatbot.
    I know what I'd like to do to said chatbot.

Due to covid19 calls may take longer than usual.. bullsh1t !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement