Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Robsweezie wrote: »
    flicking on the telly to watch something and its just gone to a break
    All the channels synchronising their breaks so you flick around and find only fecking ads everywhere :mad:

Adults who say Daddy. Cringe :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

99% agree but my cleaner says it and it’s adorable!!!

Must be a George Carlin fan :D

He went on a rant about that in one of his skits lampooning Southerners, or Texans I think :pac:

What was that Stephen King book where the guy almost dies and then he can tell people's future by shaking their hand.
    I read it years ago and it was very good but the fact that the protagonist calls his father 'Daddy' constantly really got my goat.
    Mr King should release a new version with all the Daddys edited out. A Daddyless update.

• Advertisement

Must be a George Carlin fan :D

He went on a rant about that in one of his skits lampooning Southerners, or Texans I think :pac:
    A fan yes, but I don't think I've seen that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What was that Stephen King book where the guy almost dies and then he can tell people's future by shaking their hand.
    I read it years ago and it was very good but the fact that the protagonist calls his father 'Daddy' constantly really got my goat.
    Mr King should release a new version with all the Daddys edited out. A Daddyless update.

Dead zone. Great book.,film is good too with a young Christopher Walken. Never seen it on tv but remember watching it on vhs when young.

A fan yes, but I don't think I've seen that one.

About a minute long. "My daddy says 'f*&$ your.... ' " :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

If I see the 'Finding Joy' advert on one more time I'm going to tear chunks out of my flesh and eat them. Nobody should be exposed to this barbarism day in, day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Don’t know why it irritates me so much but when I see ‘jokeshop of a country’ I want to scream. Usually it’s with an ill informed post with some abuse thrown at the government.

• Advertisement

joeguevara wrote: »
    Dead zone. Great book.,film is good too with a young Christopher Walken. Never seen it on tv but remember watching it on vhs when young.
    Yes Martin Sheen did a great turn in it.
    TA some people break or bend every rule they can and sail through life and never get caught.
    If I even slightly bend a rule you can guarantee I will be nabbed straight away and made an example of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

If I see the 'Finding Joy' advert on one more time I'm going to tear chunks out of my flesh and eat them. Nobody should be exposed to this barbarism day in, day out.

It’s on the list at Guantanamo Bay for when waterboarding and the cattle prod fail to elicit information.

Humble-brags TA me.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1118/1178848-cloone-reveals-generous-gesture-to-closest-friends/

Look at me! I'm loaded. I'm generous. I've got 14 friends :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Look at me! I'm loaded. I'm generous. I've got 14 friends :pac::pac::pac:

Bastard. I'm his 15th closest friend. He's off the Christmas card list now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I in no way am comparing the loss of my cat to the loss of a close relative but jesus christ my entire routine is up the left since we lost her on Friday. I never realised how much of my life revolved around a tiny little cat.
    The time I get up in the mornings, what I do before breakfast, sneaking around in the morning coz she usually snoozes on the bed, spending time outside in the garden with her during lunch, sitting a certain way on the couch so she can be comfortable, taking up cross-stitch because I couldn't use the laptop while she sat on my lap, toys and treats all over the house, the nighttime routine before we go to bed, closing certain doors at night, everything was organised around her. And now she's gone it's just all pointless. It's just a big hole of things we used to do for her that we don't need to do anymore. It's gonna take some time to figure out a new Pangurless routine.

(also thanks to everyone who sympathised. I do appreciate the thoughts but my mother said it best when I told her the news. She said nothing that anyone says will help you but it's nice for them to say it all the same)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've never in my life voted FF and, I'd imagine, that I never, ever will.
    But, jaysus, people using the term, meehole, really grinds my gears
    Anyone that uses that term is instantly dismissed as a sub intelligent tool by me.

I'm sure these people are devastated by this news!

It seems only a short few years ago that I would have been considered extremely adventurous when it comes to beer - couldn't wait to get my hands on every new beer and beer style as they became available - a proper beer geek/snob/wanker/arsehol (insert noun of choice);)

Nowadays, I'm the old man shouting "THAT'S NOT BEER!!"
    I just can't get my head or palate around the new styles that have emerged over the last 4 or 5 years.

I can't figure out whether I'm just old or that I have discerning taste and most breweries are losing the run of themselves and producing faddist alcopops for people who don't really like beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Is this just a country thing or county specific? I'm from Dublin and say dad or personally I called my dad pop but my ex who's not from Dublin calls his parents mammy and daddy. It drives me insane!! I understood it slightly more when I was in his folks house and his mam said 'your daddy is working late or daddy wants the car later etc'. I understand if you're raised saying it but it still makes me cringe and eye twitc.
    He also says 'wee' despite not being from northern Ireland. Wrecks my head so much and his family dont say it. I think he likes the northern accent so says it to try sound like hes from there. Hugely irritating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Was making tea earlier and the bird were going mental in the garden. Went to investigate just in time to see a cat going through the gap in the fence to nexr door with a magpie in its mouth :(

I'm not the biggest fan of magpies but I really, really hate cats killing birds. If I'd been thirty seconds earlier I would have been able to run the cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Porklife wrote: »
    Is this just a country thing or county specific? I'm from Dublin and say dad or personally I called my dad pop but my ex who's not from Dublin calls his parents mammy and daddy. It drives me insane!! I understood it slightly more when I was in his folks house and his mam said 'your daddy is working late or daddy wants the car later etc'. I understand if you're raised saying it but it still makes me cringe and eye twitc.
    He also says 'wee' despite not being from northern Ireland. Wrecks my head so much and his family dont say it. I think he likes the northern accent so says it to try sound like hes from there. Hugely irritating!!

Spouses who refer to and address each other as 'Mammy' and 'Daddy'. That makes my skin scrawl. I remember a friend telling me that whenever a scantily clad woman or a risque scene appeared on telly, her mother would say 'Look away Daddy!'

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Spouses who refer to and address each other as 'Mammy' and 'Daddy'. That makes my skin scrawl. I remember a friend telling me that whenever a scantily clad woman or a risque scene appeared on telly, her mother would say 'Look away Daddy!'
    :D

Hahaha! Oh god I needed a good laugh this morning so thanks for that:)
    Christ on a cracker though...wrong on so many levels!!

Porklife wrote: »
    Hahaha! Oh god I needed a good laugh this morning so thanks for that:)
    Christ on a cracker though...wrong on so many levels!!

I say it to my Dad now whenever he looks like he's enjoying naughty scenes too much. It cracks him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mud be a country thing then as I call my parents Mammy and Daddy as that is what they are to me. When I talk about them to other people I call them by their first names as they’re not their mammy and daddy :D

TA people ta’d at me :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Mud be a country thing then as I call my parents Mammy and Daddy as that is what they are to me. When I talk about them to other people I call them by their first names as they’re not their mammy and daddy :D

TA people ta’d at me :D

It's funny cos my ex would say to me 'Mammy might be up in Dublin this week if you fancy a coffee'
    I find it so weird!! My folks have both died too so I find it extra weird when he says things like 'Daddy says your paying too much insurance'
    Just stop it!! :)
    I'm glad it annoys other people too albeit trivially:)

TA that my feminine hygiene product of choice and the only one I can get that can adequately deal with my needs cannot be found in any physical or online shops. Mr. Sardi very sensibly got the next absorbancy down but I know from experience they just wont do the job. The ones I want are made with a different ratio of materials which is why they are so much more expensive but they are worth it. Just as well I'm condoning with a vulnerable person because I wont be able to leave the house for a few days.

TA that my feminine hygiene product of choice and the only one I can get that can adequately deal with my needs cannot be found in any physical or online shops. Mr. Sardi very sensibly got the next absorbancy down but I know from experience they just wont do the job. The ones I want are made with a different ratio of materials which is why they are so much more expensive but they are worth it. Just as well I'm condoning with a vulnerable person because I wont be able to leave the house for a few days.

Ever try a moon cup?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My TA:

Mouth ultherth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Ever try a moon cup?

Girl that sits beside me in work got one of them. First thing she did when it arrived was throw it at me. Lucky it wasn't the second thing she did with it.

• Advertisement

Ever try a moon cup?

Wouldn't be adequate to my needs. I did buy one but there's no point in trying to use it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement