Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Wouldn't be adequate to my needs. I did buy one but there's no point in trying to use it.

2 moon cups??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Spouses who refer to and address each other as 'Mammy' and 'Daddy'. That makes my skin scrawl. I remember a friend telling me that whenever a scantily clad woman or a risque scene appeared on telly, her mother would say 'Look away Daddy!'

Rwminds me of that sitcom "Sorry" with Ronnie Corbett:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

2 moon cups??;)
    I could try a moon chalice but then I'd be stuck in doors cos of my John Wayne walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

2 moon cups??;)

One girl 2 mooncups,sounds very familliar

dubstarr wrote: »
    One girl 2 mooncups,sounds very familliar

I could become an internet sensation!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you add one to your shopping list, will it make it your bucket list? :D

New Home wrote: »
    If you add one to your shopping list, will it make it your buckey list? :D

Now I feel compelled to post this, so apologies. My difficulty in sourcing adequate menstrual hygiene products is due to an issue volume and not dimensions

TA that now everyone on Boards.ie thinks I've got a bucket

Now I feel compelled to post this, so apologies. My difficulty in sourcing adequate menstrual hygiene products is due to an issue volume and not dimensions

TA that now everyone on Boards.ie thinks I've got a bucket

Try again.
    You've just stated that you have a voluminous box!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ever try a moon cup?

Have they anything to do with tarot cards?

Try again.!

You asked for it. I have a red tsunami of biblical proportions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ever try a moon cup?

is that anything like a mooncake?

BreadStory-Mooncake-Promotion.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

TA - that feeling you get pre-sickness, like something is coming on... Not quite there, trying to ward it off, but you just know something isn't right.

In pre-vertigo, not looking forward to turning the head, cos I just don't want to go .... there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

This thread is a much needed tonic this evening :)

TA my parents are going to Spain for Christmas. Running away as usual. I don't really give a shít but I'm heartbroken for my baby. Their first grand child's first Christmas and they wont be here. They obviously don't think a lot of her.

How weird it is to be a parent and hurt more for wrongs against your child than against yourself. They don't mention that one in the books :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,592 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Antares35 wrote: »
    This thread is a much needed tonic this evening :)

TA my parents are going to Spain for Christmas. Running away as usual. I don't really give a shít but I'm heartbroken for my baby. Their first grand child's first Christmas and they wont be here. They obviously don't think a lot of her.

How weird it is to be a parent and hurt more for wrongs against your child than against yourself. They don't mention that one in the books :(

Don't be heartbroken for your baby. They will have a lovely Christmas with you:)

Don't be heartbroken for your baby. They will have a lovely Christmas with you:)

Time to start some new traditions I suppose! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,592 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You will just be focussed on who is there and enjoying the joy of your child's first Christmas. That's ultimately all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Baby's first Christmas will always be special.

Do start a tradition of a happy carefree celebration, without too much worrying about presents or food.
    Enjoy it.

wildwillow wrote: »
    Baby's first Christmas will always be special.

Do start a tradition of a happy carefree celebration, without too much worrying about presents or food.
    Enjoy it.

We already have that, we aren't much into food and presents anyway. Got her a few sensory toys and will probably get a side of salmon and some nice bubbly but that's it. Good chance to ditch a dry turkey and dirty ham :D With our cats vet bill still creeping, I think we will be knocking presents to each other on the head for now!

Antares, your baby will have a lovely first Christmas with you and her dad. She will be safe and secure :)

Now there must he something in the water because I have TWO TAs :D
    My eyes have been sore on and off for weeks now. Kind of a stingy gritty feeling. I tried Hydra Forte drops for 2 weeks, then Bromene drops for a further 2. I think it made them worse. Yesterday I wore eyeshadow for first time in ages and today. I love the stuff. Eyes are sore again. :( I need to go to the doctor.

Now for my second TA! One of my colleagues is a GP. I say colleague but I don't know her and we've only ever exchanged hellos. Anyways I thought I'd chance my arm and ask her what she thinks about the eyes. She quickly told me that she doesn't advise staff or family because bla bla bla.

So I scurried away mortified. After some waffle about "oh of course ha ha...just said I'd ask..it's nothing anyway...Will ring my gp...probably a phone consult...covid times....ha ha"

Hiding now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Now for my second TA! One of my colleagues is a GP. I say colleague but I don't know her and we've only ever exchanged hellos. Anyways I thought I'd chance my arm and ask her what she thinks about the eyes. She quickly told me that she doesn't advise staff or family because bla bla bla.

Now you know your default reply when she asks you anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Antares, you are so right about the turkey and ham. Most awful and troublesome dinner of the year, not to mention the expense. Probably alright if you have a large gathering.

Love salmon or a nice rare steak.

Your child is blessed with great parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My GF NEVER finishes the end of a cup of tea or any other hot drink, and it drives me mad.

So I should of known better than to tip her used Costa takeaway cup on its side when I was cleaning the car. Of course the remnants of her hot chocolate spilled out, and now there is what looks like a poo-stain on the passenger seat :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭3d4life

@Frostie, probably no consolation, I am of a family with a long history of dodgy eyes and would say generally GPs are pants when it comes to anything to do with eyes ( few of them even have the gear for it ) A properly setup optician would be a better bet. ( All strictly IME and not advice :D )

... NEVER finishes the end of a cup of tea or any other hot drink, and it drives me mad... :mad:

I'm sooo with you on that

This carry on should be a Capital Offence :mad:

3d4life wrote: »
    I'm sooo with you on that

This carry on should be a Capital Offence :mad:

Pal of mine would always leave a couple of mouthfulls in the end of beer cans!
    Grrrrrr.

Also people who don't finish their cereal, leaving milk and soggy cereal in the bowl - sam pal does that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Major TA f**k up at my mri today. The radiographer was so lovely and phoned my consultant's secretary (basically they should have scanned 2 areas and there was only 1 listed whereas only 4 weeks ago the 2 were listed only it was in a different centre and was changed due to my medical insurance). I also spoke to the secretary and was very calm and measured with her but she kept talking over me and spoke to me like a 2 year old.

I ended up so upset between having a pretty significant (slightly complicated) tooth extraction this week, 8 months of challenging medical care for my back and general exhaustion.

I genuinely don't understand why people are downright rude and obnoxious when it would be as simple to be kind. Particularly when dealing with people in pain.

This is at least my second rant about this recently so forgive me please and I won't say anything else. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

As the day goes on my suspicions are confirmed I’m coming down with the dreaded stomach flu :(

Grrrrrr.

Also people who don't finish their cereal, leaving milk and soggy cereal in the bowl - sam pal does that too!

Yes !

Yes !

Yes !

All that and more :mad::mad::mad:

Major TA f**k up at my mri today. The radiographer was so lovely and phoned my consultant's secretary (basically they should have scanned 2 areas and there was only 1 listed whereas only 4 weeks ago the 2 were listed only it was in a different centre and was changed due to my medical insurance). I also spoke to the secretary and was very calm and measured with her but she kept talking over me and spoke to me like a 2 year old.

I ended up so upset between having a pretty significant (slightly complicated) tooth extraction this week, 8 months of challenging medical care for my back and general exhaustion.

I genuinely don't understand why people are downright rude and obnoxious when it would be as simple to be kind. Particularly when dealing with people in pain.

This is at least my second rant about this recently so forgive me please and I won't say anything else. :o

If the venting helps then rant away. thats what the thread is for.

• Advertisement

Grrrrrr.

what sort of monster does that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement