Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

I think most people leave about a fraction (half or thereabouts) of a mouthful of tea especially at bottom of cup / mug / container etc... , as tea goes colder that bit quicker compared to coffee; for example.

Not all the time though - if one is gaspin' for a mug a scald they might horse the lot down in a minute or 3 :D

TA me apt is so untidy, and it's just too much to make 'less' untidy - not to mention the 'neighbourly' related TA, ie walking quickly around, and loose floorboards draw the ire of some of them close by who expect a disproportianate amount of 'quietude' - esp those (even dare I say the annoying 'BC') who spend all or most of their time at home :mad: :(

All's I can do really is leave my pad at the level of untidiness it's at, and try to diminish any possible future untidiness :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

what sort of monster does that?

There are some sick sick people in this world!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I think most people leave about a fraction (half or thereabouts) of a mouthful of tea especially at bottom of cup / mug / container etc... , as tea goes colder that bit quicker compared to coffee; for example.

Not all the time though - if one is gaspin' for a mug a scald they might horse the lot down in a minute or 3 :D

TA me apt is so untidy, and it's just too much to make 'less' untidy - not to mention the 'neighbourly' related TA, ie walking quickly around, and loose floorboards draw the ire of some of them close by who expect a disproportianate amount of 'quietude' - esp those (even dare I say the annoying 'BC') who spend all or most of their time at home :mad: :(

All's I can do really is leave my pad at the level of untidiness it's at, and try to diminish any possible future untidiness :o

I rarely finish my tae. Once the accompanying food is depleted then I just don't fancy the end of it.

I rarely finish my tae. Once the accompanying food is depleted then I just don't fancy the end of it.

I likes to finish mine - if it's 'North' of warm :P - If it's 'tepid' , or 'lukewarm' though; it does have a tendency to induce the 'gag' reflex... Not good :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gervais08 wrote: »
    There are some sick sick people in this world!!!

I tilt my head back so far to get the last drops i'm in danger of breaking my neck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I don't drink tea but noticed my father never drank the last drop. When I asked why, he said that as a kid threw the whole cup back as fast as he could and got a full mouth of tea leaves. Said gave him the heebeejeebies and stopped the full swig from then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Americanisms

Annoyed when you're sharing a 1.75 ml drink with someone and they leave about 20ml in the bottle with their last glass instead of finishing it or putting it in the bin.

If you're gonna leave an insulting pittance for someone else, you may as well dump the bottle altogether and leave them with nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Annoyed when you're sharing a 1.75 ml drink with someone and they leave about 20ml in the bottle with their last glass instead of finishing it or putting it in the bin.

If you're gonna leave an insulting pittance for someone else, you may as well dump the bottle altogether and leave them with nothing!

That's a very small drink to be sharing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭3d4life

I trust that is something that will be changing after this afternoon :D

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

It's amazing to be left with 20ml from 1.75ml

This person needs to come to my house and do a number on my wine 🀣

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Tay be fine - beer is sacrilege!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

When people say troath instead of throat. Aaaaaaaaaagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

optogirl wrote: »

My mum does that!
    I've learned that there is nothing to be gained by pointing this out to her.
    But, yes, wrecks my head.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Tay be fine - beer is sacrilege!!!!

Disagree with the beer bit 'Ricky's Cousin' :P

For those who like a tug :D 'tis nice to have a mouthful of beer left in morn' (even if it's flat :) ) for to swill afore 'Lighting Up' those ; nasty things :pac:

.......Quicker than making a mugga :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Or threadmill! Or thread carefully.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Or threadmill! Or thread carefully.

TA that I'm not exactly TH about the way I most likely 'pronounce th' :o I wouldn't tink it's correct somehow :p

Oh Christ, after much reflection and uttering "throat" / "troath" at my screen, have realised that I am an offender. I'll get my coat :(

Antares35 wrote: »
    Oh Christ, after much reflection and uttering "throat" / "troath" at my screen, have realised that I am an offender. I'll get my coat :(

There's no shame in it A :D It's not easy to do for everyone :o

At least it's waaay better than saying free instead o three; and somehow those same Brits like to take the mick out of us Paddies for mispronouncing the exact same word :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ceiling spotlights. Who thought these things have a place in a domestic home?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That it's STILL not poxy Friday.

Also, that I finally had to speak to the higher-ups in work about a very difficult colleague. First time in my career I've ever had to do that. Been trying for over a year to manage it myself but their behaviour just kept escalating so I just had no choice finally.

Also TA'd that I feel like the asshole over it.

TA at knocking stuff over in shops (sometimes it's 'on me' alas :(:p:p ) , like crisps, bisquits, and chocolate.

Mask related TA esp at till when I'm packing provisions and "looking down" , as I can't see much 'above' or 'beside' as I'm grabbing goods, and sometimes the item 'clashes' against other 'stockk' on or near the till.

A not my fault ta :p

There's no shame in it A :D It's not easy to do for everyone :o

At least it's waaay better than saying free instead o three; and somehow those same Brits like to take the mick out of us Paddies for mispronouncing the exact same word :D:D

The ones who were always "sat" instead of "sitting"? Drives me mad, when someone's telling a story and they say they were "sat" somewhere.

TA OHs mother had been diagnosed with an incurable illness. Though that's arguable not trivial. Still waiting for the vet to call with cats results. The dog is just back from a stay with the ex and is apparently coughing a lot and having repeated colitis flares.

Cannot. Take. Any. More. Medical. Issues.

:(

Antares35 wrote: »
    The ones who were always "sat" instead of "sitting"? Drives me mad, when someone's telling a story and they say they were "sat" somewhere.

TA OHs mother had been diagnosed with an incurable illness. Though that's arguable not trivial. Still waiting for the vet to call with cats results. The dog is just back from a stay with the ex and is apparently coughing a lot and having repeated colitis flares.

Cannot. Take. Any. More. Medical. Issues.

:(

I feel ya. Would say 'Hugs' , but I'm neither female nor Italian. Hope you suffer no more sadness Antares35 :)

Hope my TA's be lessened soon - good change may be ahead; but knowing my look :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

My GF NEVER finishes the end of a cup of tea or any other hot drink, and it drives me mad.

So I should of known better than to tip her used Costa takeaway cup on its side when I was cleaning the car. Of course the remnants of her hot chocolate spilled out, and now there is what looks like a poo-stain on the passenger seat :mad:

I never finish the last sup of tea in the cup and If I'm outside I'll fire the last drop of tea across the yard, I think it's a countryside thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Adults who say Daddy. Cringe :rolleyes:

Mammy is even worse, actually makes me physically ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I feel ya. Would say 'Hugs' , but I'm neither female nor Italian. Hope you suffer no more sadness Antares35 :)

You need to be female or Italian to offer a hug to someone? News to me.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    You need to be female or Italian to offer a hug to someone? News to me.

:( I guess not. TA that you're making me sound callous :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

This message is addressed to the overly loud wan at the till in front of me in Lidl, on the off-chance she is reading.

No-one else cares about the fact that your due in May, that you used to love shopping but hate it now, that you think your baby is boy or indeed that you've gotten lazier since Covid (I heard every bit of the conversation). This is LIDL where small talk at the tills is strictly discouraged in line with German efficiency, so hurry the eff on and let me pay for my single item and skedaddle. Oh, and it took you ages to begin unloading your trolley, which meant you could have let me through with my aforementioned single item in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I went to the bank this morning to lodge money. Bank has two lodge machines together and a atm. I was in the queue for 30 minutes waiting for a woman to finish using the machine, she lodging money,checking her phone, checking receipts, lodging more money,checking more bits of paper. I'm normally very patient but I was close to losing it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement