Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I went to the bank this morning to lodge money. Bank has two lodge machines together and a atm. I was in the queue for 30 minutes waiting for a woman to finish using the machine, she lodging money,checking her phone, checking receipts, lodging more money,checking more bits of paper. I'm normally very patient but I was close to losing it

If she said that she wants to check her balance you could give her a push. If she fell over you could say ‘your balance is sh1t).

At the atm earlier and a person took out 4 different cards one after the other. Literally, took 20 minutes and finally when it was my turn the fcuking machine went to out of service. Gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

joeguevara wrote: »
    If she said that she wants to check her balance you could give her a push. If she fell over you could say ‘your balance is sh1t).

At the atm earlier and a person took out 4 different cards one after the other. Literally, took 20 minutes and finally when it was my turn the fcuking machine went to out of service. Gave up.

Hehe I can feel your annoyance through this post and it's making me giggle.

TA when people randomly call you without any prior message. It exasperates my ta when they message after and say - tried to call you just there.. and I'm thinking yeah I know and I'm trying not to answer clearly!
    I just like to feel ready for a call, maybe it's just me but I'm quite shy and need time to feel in the phone zone so to speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

She is lucky I didn't send her head first out the window with those shenanigans

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Porklife wrote: »
    Hehe I can feel your annoyance through this post and it's making me giggle.

TA when people randomly call you without any prior message. It exasperates my ta when they message after and say - tried to call you just there.. and I'm thinking yeah I know and I'm trying not to answer clearly!
    I just like to feel ready for a call, maybe it's just me but I'm quite shy and need time to feel in the phone zone so to speak!

I understand. On the phone a lot for work and it’s second nature for me. But outside that I hate it and would never call. I find it the most awkward thing. Only person that I would answer is my mother. But sometimes if I am away from my phone, I come back to 6 missed calls, WhatsApp calls, messenger calls, all from her. Like ffs it’s all the same phone. And then when I ring back, all she would want is to know if I had my dinner. But it’s my mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Professional sports people getting freebies. I’m not even talking about the “ambassador” gigs for car garages. It seems like every professional rugby player in Ireland got a free PlayStation 5.
    It’s not like Sony need the exposure, what the fúck is that all about ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Wtf is wrong with me at this late(ish) hour reading the unnerving things thread and now looking up historical records from Sunday's Well where I'm from where there's lots of interesting (disturbing) history. FFS. Cop on woman!

TA that I am now aware of 'the unnerving things thread' :(:D

I understand. On the phone a lot for work and it’s second nature for me. But outside that I hate it and would never call. I find it the most awkward thing. Only person that I would answer is my mother. But sometimes if I am away from my phone, I come back to 6 missed calls, WhatsApp calls, messenger calls, all from her. Like ffs it’s all the same phone. And then when I ring back, all she would want is to know if I had my dinner. But it’s my mum.

That's exactly how I feel. I answer to my sister but even then my initial thought is always why is she calling me, why can't she just WhatsApp me.
    I have one friend who not only likes to randomly call but always wants to video call. She's Canadian so there's also a time difference and often I'd be halfway through a bottle of vino and she'd call and say 'show me a visual girl, I miss your face!' The visual is me with red wine lips in my fragil rock pjamas.. not a great visual:)
    I also hate when you miss aka blank someone's call and they message saying hey, call me back when you get this. No! Leave me alone and stop telling me what to do. Can't I just nap and pretend to work from home in peace!!

TA that I am now aware of 'the unnerving things thread' :(:D

Lifechanging.

I'm now so disturbed that this place was in operation until 1996.

I did my LC in 1997. When we were kids we used play up there and later as teenagers sit around telling ghost stories.

I feel disappointed in myself for probably unwittingly stomping around on the actual graves of people and immense sadness having looked up more information on this than I ever have before.

Porklife wrote: »
    That's exactly how I feel. I answer to my sister but even then my initial thought is always why is she calling me, why can't she just WhatsApp me.
    I have one friend who not only likes to randomly call but always wants to video call. She's Canadian so there's also a time difference and often I'd be halfway through a bottle of vino and she'd call and say 'show me a visual girl, I miss your face!' The visual is me with red wine lips in my fragil rock pjamas.. not a great visual:)
    I also hate when you miss aka blank someone's call and they message saying hey, call me back when you get this. No! Leave me alone and stop telling me what to do. Can't I just nap and pretend to work from home in peace!!

TA'd I've no fraggle rock pajamas :o

• Advertisement

TA'd I've no fraggle rock pajamas :o

$ "Let the music play...down at Fraggle Rock" $ :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

$ "Let the music play...down at Fraggle Rock" $ :)

You absolute ****ard!!!

I’ll be humming that all night now lol!!!!

Gervais08 wrote: »
    You absolute ****ard!!!

I’ll be humming that all night now lol!!!!

:D:D You're welcome :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Strung out for a cup of tea. Forgot to buy teabags earlier, TA'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I have a load of lectures to watch and yer man just drones on.

I thought fraggle rock was a sitcom then I realised I was confusing it with 30 rock so I had to Google fraggle rock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I laughed at this :D but I know how frustrating it is, I've a friend who does the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I thought fraggle rock was a sitcom then I realised I was confusing it with 30 rock so I had to Google fraggle rock

I confuse 30 Rock with Third Rock From The Sun

Had a fresh drum of milk. And another one with about 170 mls left in it - was open a few days but still 'well within use by date' . Was planning on having a coffee; so being as there was very little left I took a swig, and it tasted fine.

So I took a punt and added milk to powder - Lo and beloody hold; soon as I added hot water, it was like it was full of limescale :eek:

So not completely disheartened I decided to proceed; with new batch of milk - small problem though; with barely a cupful of boiled water left in kettle I knew it would be a futile exercise adding more, as kettle would assume all was boiled, and not allow itself to be turned on :o

So that left another TA: trying to judge the right amount of powder + milk to put into mug, for about a cupful's amount of coffee :confused: Judged it right, so not a complete waste of time and resources..

TLDR 2 TA's: Milk that is not gone off, but close enough to make coffee go limescaly; and a just boiled kettle that won't allow itself to turn on when a small extra amount of cold water is added to it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

This message is addressed to the overly loud wan at the till in front of me in Lidl, on the off-chance she is reading.

No-one else cares about the fact that your due in May, that you used to love shopping but hate it now, that you think your baby is boy or indeed that you've gotten lazier since Covid (I heard every bit of the conversation). This is LIDL where small talk at the tills is strictly discouraged in line with German efficiency, so hurry the eff on and let me pay for my single item and skedaddle. Oh, and it took you ages to begin unloading your trolley, which meant you could have let me through with my aforementioned single item in the meantime.
    She said all that to the cashier? What a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

There's no shame in it A :D It's not easy to do for everyone :o

At least it's waaay better than saying free instead o three; and somehow those same Brits like to take the mick out of us Paddies for mispronouncing the exact same word :D:D

I've been reflecting on this all evening (TA way to spend an evening!) and in actual fact, I've realised that I say... "throath" :(

I confuse 30 Rock with Third Rock From The Sun

I knew there was another one that rock in the title

• Registered Users Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

God I don’t know where to start . Well firstly with being on the phone to Apple support for 40 minutes and then 5 minutes into the call feeling the call of nature (sit down) but holding on ( not literally :) ) only for them to hang up on me !!!
    TH is I’m prepared for a 4 hr call tomorrow.
    More TA’s to follow when I remember them.
    Happy sleeping everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Space cadets on the internet. When you comment on an article on Facebook and the weirdos crawl out of the woodwork. There's some things should be avoided on the internet and that's one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Tubes of toothpaste that don't have flip top caps......and in a related TA if I hadn't been so quick to throw out the previous tube I probably could have swapped the caps :P

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Tired. So very tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Woke up with a severe sinus headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Wtf is wrong with me at this late(ish) hour reading the unnerving things thread and now looking up historical records from Sunday's Well where I'm from where there's lots of interesting (disturbing) history. FFS. Cop on woman!

Where is the unnerving thread?

I looked at census records for Sunday's well before and a certain place only recorded people by their initials..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Where is the unnerving thread?

I looked at census records for Sunday's well before and a certain place only recorded people by their initials..

After hours.....has anything creepy or unnerving happened to you.

Absolutely brilliant thread especially at the start. For some reason always ended up reading it at nighttime in bed (probably cos of working during the day:) ) so that just added to the creepiness....enjoy the reading :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement