Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

cj maxx wrote: »
    Due to covid19 calls may take longer than usual.. bullsh1t !

DPD are doing this. Big banner on their website saying their service is sh*t because of the virus, when in fact it was always sh*t, now they just have an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Men in their late 20s/early 30s riding a bike meant for a teenager. they look so out of place and wrong. It smacks to me of being a scumbag look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Jabari Attractive Ram

Women(its predominantly women) on Instagram who insist on doing a 20 story "special" of pictures when its a friends birthday....a particular woman who i am friends with (and would whinge why didn't i like her post or to another friend why they unfriended them - its because of crap like this) i have seems to do it every day, even for people she half knows

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Had enough of everything yes and went to sit by a quite body of water(as I find water soothing), with a book, podcast and a small picnic type snack.
    Just got settled, when someone asked me if I was Ok? reassured them and then some kids starting cycling to close to me, rapidly followed by ppl reving their engines.

Ta even in an area with green spaces, noise and smells gravatate towards me when I need complete peace.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

TA'd that sometimes the Boards app brings me to the last page of a thread when I click on thread name. Even though it looks like its page 1 its really the last (16 years old!) and I have to click on page 2 then 1 .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Neighbour is power washing parts of apartment parking area. Reminds me of the joke about the man painting his house with a 2" brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The noisey bint next door with a voice that could cut glass.
    Constantly (at the top of her screechy voice) asking her kid
    “Do you want on swing.”
    “Do you want dolly?”
    “Do you want blah blah”
    She seems to equate good parenting with being really loud.
    The crowning glory was this morning (I’m in my garden trying to read)
    When she roars to her other half “Do you want an EXPRESSO ? I can make it on the machine.”
    Try reading the box that the machine came in....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

When things 'land' or 'drop' that are not aircraft or things affected by gravity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Spent about 15 minutes manually correcting a formatting error that I thought would take ages to root cause. It probably would take ages to root cause but I put in a work around in about 30 seconds. :o

It's horribly wasteful of CPU power, but seems to add no noticeable extra running time to a weekly data processing task. へ‿(ツ)‿ㄏ

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The noisey bint next door with a voice that could cut glass.
    Constantly (at the top of her screechy voice) asking her kid
    “Do you want on swing.”
    “Do you want dolly?”
    “Do you want blah blah”
    She seems to equate good parenting with being really loud.
    The crowning glory was this morning (I’m in my garden trying to read)
    When she roars to her other half “Do you want an EXPRESSO ? I can make it on the machine.”
    Try reading the box that the machine came in....

Shout over to her, "YES PLEASE, MAKE IT DOUBLE, WITH MILK AND TWO SUGARS!".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1. Stupid cans that don't stack (Lidl pineapple in juice, I'm looking at you).
    2. Prickly heat. Stupid sunny Smay weather! I was outside under an umbrella for half an hour, FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

New Home wrote: »
    1. Stupid cans that don't stack (Lidl pineapple in juice, I'm looking at you).
    2. Prickly heat. Stupid sunny Smay weather! I was outside under an umbrella for half an hour, FFS!

Hi twin!
    *waves really dramatically*

Hi twin!
    *waves really dramatically*

Ah, yes! The calamine twins finally reunited. :/

Oh, one more I'd forgotten about! Last Friday someone planted an earworm in my head.Then, when I complained about it, they suggested I listen to a different song, even more earwormy than the first. I spent the last three days (and nights, even in my sleep!) with those two fecking songs going around in my head and ears. I ended up having to kill them with Postman Pat... how the hell do I get rid of THAT one, now? Beware, if anyone suggests the Barney song, they're DEAD. DEAD, DEAD, DEAD, DEAD!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Goodigal

TA that our small cul de sac has become like an industrial estate in terms of noise in the last few days, between power hosing and angle grinding before 9am this morning to a guy totally dismantling a car engine, to people blaring their radios in the back garden. We are all in this together stuck at home, but no escape from the constant noises...

I'm really sick of all these public service announcements lately about Covid:

ONE: stay indoors
    TWO: Exercise within 2km if you really must
    THREE: wash your hands over and over and over
    FOUR: Keep 2 meters apart at shops if you absolutely MUST buy food
    FIVE: Don't visit your granny
    SIX: Stay positive, stay in touch, Zoom everyone, Stay happy, We're all in this together.........from your loving Government

every time there is a new announcement from Leo there is a new set of rules played over and over and over again!

I feel like a 2 year old being told what to do all the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,422 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Been suffering from a severe bout of vertigo since earlier this evening, came out of the middle of nowhere. Vertigo medication hasn't worked and after making the most gorgeous cup of tea, I spilt half of it on myself (thankfully I had a blanket thrown over me).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,886 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've just watched Onward.
    TA I cried at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Boards times out on attachments, can't see any of the cute dog and cat pics in the ah pet thread :(

Been suffering from a severe bout of vertigo since earlier this evening, came out of the middle of nowhere. Vertigo medication hasn't worked and after making the most gorgeous cup of tea, I spilt half of it on myself (thankfully I had a blanket thrown over me).
    Vertigo is the worst, mind yourself Mustang!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I was watching a video of a pair of dyslexia tutors discussing how dyslexic students can help themselves adjust to their new study environment, one of the speakers referred to their students as dyslexic's which sounded to me like in their mind these youngsters were a different life form.

Having to explain important life concepts to ppl who are emotionally unavailable.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,117 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Men in their late 20s/early 30s riding a bike meant for a teenager. they look so out of place and wrong. It smacks to me of being a scumbag look.

It looks like they either got put off the road or they're heading for a drug deal.

There was a letter for me in the postbox, with no address, just my name so I knew it had been hand delivered. I was really happy about it and delayed opening it, knowing it was from OH. We'd had a conversation a while ago about the importance of us him making small gestures and generally being thoughtful. I couldn't wait to see what it was - maybe a plan for us to go somewhere when the pandemic eases, or some nice pictures of us, or even just a letter.

Pretended there was no post when I came back inside. I didn't want an audience when I opened his letter. He didn't seem to mind, clearly playing it cool.

Eventually couldn't hold off any more and opened it up.

It was a letter from my neighbour (who appears to have lost the plot) welcoming me to the neighbourhood - that I moved to over 2 decades ago.

Multiple TAs now - that I am so naïve and just assumed the letter was from him, that I am ungrateful in the face of receiving at least a lovely letter from someone during these difficult times, but mostly that I woke up in fine form and am now annoyed with OH for not being the sender - he literally had to do nothing to annoy me :p (and I can't even tell him why I am annoyed or explain what he hasn't done)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Doing an online course. Theres 2 different lecturers and one of them has the most annoying droning accent. Its excruciating listening to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Earlier, I mentioned not compressing empty containers before putting them in the bin. On a similar theme, people who don't empty liquid (non oil) containers before putting them in the bin. I'm talking mainly about milk cartons, soft drinks bottles, beer cans, etc; the bins can become very smelly and with pay per weight it costs more.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,464 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody asks for advice about a problem they are having.
    99 people tell them one thing and they are in the wrong.
    1 person might say your right.
    Then they'll argue with the 99 people and praise the 1 person the agrees with them.

Then they'll argue with the 99 people and praise the 1 person the agrees with them.

Ah, validation... How does that saying go? "Most people don't want your opinion, they want to hear their opinion coming out of your mouth" (or something like that, lol).

GBX wrote: »
    Doing an online course. Theres 2 different lecturers and one of them has the most annoying droning accent. Its excruciating listening to him.

So much this. There's a Pimsleur language course I kept trying, but the voice and accent of the "native speaker" is so very bad, you can't be even sure of what he is saying. Ended up googling every word for proper pronunciation - drove me mad.

Reminds me of when I want to find something out and do a search online for it. Invariably there will be a result (usually a chat forum or something) where one person has asked the same question and there are 70 responses so I think, grand, there will surely be an answer here.

But no... it is just 70 moronic bints replying with "oh this happened to me too, I hope we get an answer" or "I had this very same question" - really? That's nice, because you're only supposed to reply if you have a f*cking answer :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Antares35 wrote: »
    Reminds me of when I want to find something out and do a search online for it. Invariably there will be a result (usually a chat forum or something) where one person has asked the same question and there are 70 responses so I think, grand, there will surely be an answer here.

But no... it is just 70 moronic bints replying with "oh this happened to me too, I hope we get an answer" or "I had this very same question" - really? That's nice, because you're only supposed to reply if you have a f*cking answer :mad:

Following this thread because the same thing happened to me and I want to hear how you get on! :D

TA there is a pedestrian crossing I can see from my house at night and the orange lights flash at slightly different times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement