Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I was standing in the entrance to my apartment building's car park waiting for a plumber to arrive. I saw a car that was driving along the road slow down to a crawl so I moved out of the way assuming that the car wanted to enter the car park. But no, the driver just slowed down so he could pick up his phone and start to text. Looked like he was young enough to have only recently passed his test too. Idiot. Doesn't deserve to be allowed on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People getting scammed on FB and then complaining.I mean who hands over 800 euro to a stranger and expects them to get the toyOr they use Paypal and use friends and family.

Like i do feel sorry for them,nobody deserves that but use a bit of common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who don't quite finish the toilet roll before they start a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I am so pale. I miss the summer. TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I got a phone call today from the one of the community nurses, on behalf of the Public Health Nurse. They are reaching out to see if we need anything. We have been on lockdown since March. It is now late November. And only now are they making contact to see how Dad is and how he's coping. Also, they have moved offices, changed phone number and we now have a new Public Health Nurse, since last year in fact. None if this was communicated to us. I'd have been out of luck if we needed them wouldn't I? TA the way older people and carer's are treated in this country by the very agencies charged with their care. To think there are older folk living alone and this is the kind if support they get.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

dubstarr wrote: »
    People getting scammed on FB and then complaining.I mean who hands over 800 euro to a stranger and expects them to get the toyOr they use Paypal and use friends and family.

Like i do feel sorry for them,nobody deserves that but use a bit of common sense.

Cf also women who get one photograph from a Nigerian scammer and send fortunes.

Elderly people alone scammed I have every sympathy for.

Sad women my age desperate for any man’s attention that they’ll pony up thousands - not so much.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People who don't quite finish the toilet roll before they start a new one.

....or worse, they leave one square only, so they don't have to replace the roll.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Cf also women who get one photograph from a Nigerian scammer and send fortunes.

Elderly people alone scammed I have every sympathy for.

Sad women my age desperate for any man’s attention that they’ll pony up thousands - not so much.

You would have to assume there is an extra layer of vulnerability there. Like a mental health issue or a low IQ. The people who scam know what to look for and how to milk it. Pure scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

....or worse, they leave one square only, so they don't have to replace the roll.

Or even worse still, they replace the roll but have the paper spooling wall side in.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Or even worse still, they replace the roll but have the paper spooling wall side in.

Its supposed to spool away from you, you muck savage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I got a phone call today from the one of the community nurses, on behalf of the Public Health Nurse. They are reaching out to see if we need anything. We have been on lockdown since March. It is now late November. And only now are they making contact to see how Dad is and how he's coping. Also, they have moved offices, changed phone number and we now have a new Public Health Nurse, since last year in fact. None if this was communicated to us. I'd have been out of luck if we needed them wouldn't I? TA the way older people and carer's are treated in this country by the very agencies charged with their care. To think there are older folk living alone and this is the kind if support they get.

I was going to say it's shocking but it's absolutely disgraceful. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So, so, so much wrong with this post *shakes head sadly*

I'm engaged in ongoing silent warfare with my housemate on this very matter. Every time either of us uses the bathroom, we change the way the roll hangs. I, obviously correct, hang it over; she, clearly working for the forces of chaos and evil, hangs it under.

Science has spoken. Dissenting voices will not be entertained.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I'm engaged in ongoing silent warfare with my housemate on this very matter. Every time either of us uses the bathroom, we change the way the roll hangs. I, clearly correct, hang it over; she, clearly working for the forces of chaos and evil, hangs it under.

Can we just agree that making a point in it like they do it hotels is just wrong ??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm engaged in ongoing silent warfare with my housemate on this very matter. Every time either of us uses the bathroom, we change the way the roll hangs. I, obviously correct, hang it over; she, clearly working for the forces of chaos and evil, hangs it under.

she is most definitely a witch and should be treated accordingly.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Can we just agree that making a point in it like they do it hotels is just wrong ??!!

you mean this? that can definitely FRO.

main-qimg-b0664ab4ca34b24703eb2116c1e5d1c7-c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

You know not how wrong you are.

TA: My trainers need a wash and I am uneducated in the ways of trainer washing. Off to Google I go.

El Cheapo industrial bog roll... When it's just loaded (full roll) it's a job to get a 'one handed bit of purchase' on the bloody thing; let alone to be able to pull a few sheets out without the one ply rubbish breaking off :mad:

One handed because; if one were to try to use both while still 'seated' to better grasp a few sheets ; well, the shifting of the body position with that approach does tend to lend certain areas coming into 'commodial contact' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

you mean this? that can definitely FRO.

Hotels put the pointy bit on the loo roll to signify that it’s a fresh roll installed by housekeeping, and no one has used the toilet since they’ve been in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My bag of sweet potatoes, small banana sized potatoes or small turnip sized ones in it.
    My baked beans and pouched eggs aren't the same with a potato that small.

The underlayer of scallon and salad cream taste yummy on it still.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Zero problem with people announcing their new arrivals on Facebook, sure we all do it. But lately I've noticed the thinly veiled "I'm already such a good mother" brags creeping in. For example, "such and such born at 8am, 8lbs, gas and air only" - what? Why is it relevant that you had gas and air only? Your kid is like an hour old and you're already trying to trump other mother's who used an epidural? Would you ever GTF, I don't brag on social media about getting a filling without anaesthetic. Don't be a hero, medicine is there for a reason. Or do be a hero but stop the incessant competition with other parents.

Don't even get me started on "exclusively breast fed".

Mine is "fed", or on a bad day "alive and accounted for" :D

• Advertisement

Probably the same ones make a cup of tea and leave a drop of milk in the carton and put it back in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Antares35 wrote: »
    Zero problem with people announcing their new arrivals on Facebook, sure we all do it. But lately I've noticed the thinly veiled "I'm already such a good mother" brags creeping in. For example, "such and such born at 8am, 8lbs, gas and air only" - what? Why is it relevant that you had gas and air only? Your kid is like an hour old and you're already trying to trump other mother's who used an epidural? Would you ever GTF, I don't brag on social media about getting a filling without anaesthetic. Don't be a hero, medicine is there for a reason. Or do be a hero but stop the incessant competition with other parents.

Don't even get me started on "exclusively breast fed".

Mine is "fed", or on a bad day "alive and accounted for" :D

Mombies, A. Best avoided at all costs.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Mombies, A. Best avoided at all costs.

Love it :D

People with christmas trees up already. i saw two on my walk to the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when you're in a argument with someone, making your points to them and all you get is ''yeah but...yeah but...i understand where you're coming from, but'' and it becomes a thing where they're not really understanding where you're coming from at all, they're not even listening, just waiting for their turn to speak and ''win'' the argument.

theres a game of thrones quote that goes ''Everything before the word 'but' is horse shiit'' and it shows.

People with christmas trees up already. i saw two on my walk to the shops

Humbug! :)

Antares35 wrote: »
    Humbug! :)

Its not even december!

Its not even december!

Ah but the year that's in it and all :) I only got mine because they were cheap in Lidl, but it isn't going up yet. It's still in the garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Getting a full new bathroom fitted, he rang me Monday to say he's starting the job Thursday. He gutted the whole bathroom today, it's now only dawning on me I've no shower till about Monday or Tuesday

• Advertisement

Mother fukcking, cuhnting third migraine in four days. My vision is going with this one. Ar$e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement