Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Antares35 wrote: »
    Ah but the year that's in it and all :) I only got mine because they were cheap in Lidl, but it isn't going up yet. It's still in the garden!

Buying one in advance is not an issue and entirely acceptable. carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Working in retail... my place of work has a website and ‘Click & Collect’ is available. You place your order, get an order confirmation straightaway, stating... ‘your order has been received, thank you. We will email you again when it’s READY for collection...’
    We open from 9-6 so any orders placed after 6pm won’t be worked on til we open the next day at 9am. We start with them in the order that they were received. We might get 20+ orders during that timeframe when we’re closed overnight.
    Had only sat at my desk this morning at around 9.05 when a staff member rings saying that “Mary Murphy” is here to collect her order. I hadn’t even turned on the pc and still had my jacket on!
    The name didn’t ring a bell with me (I get notifications on my phone for orders)...
    “Mary” parked outside the shop this morning at 9am, placed her order on the phone in her car (for 14 items) and then walked straight in and had a hissy fit that it wasn’t ready! Jesus Christ like! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Zero problem with people announcing their new arrivals on Facebook, sure we all do it

There's a lady I work with who post 10,000 pictures of her happy family & her small son (face showing)& how much loved he is. It's not my thing, but I suppose it's kinda nice to see they are so happy.

Anyway baby number two recently came along & the pictures came along were of, a hand!
    Or the back of a child's head. Like why bother, just post an announcement of the babies arrival if you must, but the mysterious hand, foot or elbow is a bit odd.
    Then there is also the pictures of said baby's hand holding a balloon for the child's fifth MONTH of life celebration :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I work with a guy who shows photos and constantly talks about the stuff his kids do, I honestly do not ******* care! Those kind of people are the absolute worst

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭storker

Humbug! :)

I don't like Christmas arriving too early and every year there are negotiations between me, who wouldn't put up the decorations earlier than a week before Christmas, and my wife who would put them on the the first of December. But given the years that's in it, and the fact that she's spent a fair bit of it nursing COVID patients, she says she wants them up in time for the Toy Show. No argument from me, the decorations started going up this evening, and it's great to see a bit of light, colour and sparkle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

With a bigger xmas this year, earlier and that, I hope we don't get an even bigger depression afterwards.
    Early Jan is an absolute shítter of a time even without the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

There's a lady I work with who post 10,000 pictures of her happy family & her small son (face showing)& how much loved he is. It's not my thing, but I suppose it's kinda nice to see they are so happy.

Anyway baby number two recently came along & the pictures came along were of, a hand!
    Or the back of a child's head. Like why bother, just post an announcement of the babies arrival if you must, but the mysterious hand, foot or elbow is a bit odd.
    Then there is also the pictures of said baby's hand holding a balloon for the child's fifth MONTH of life celebration :confused:

Actually that annoys me too! I agree if someone doesn't want to post pics fair enough but the random generic hand or foot is annoying! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

You know when someone is talking but then they shove a forkful of food into their mouth, but also want to continue talking but can't because their mouth is full, so they do that thing where they sort of flap/ wave their hand around in front of their full mouth instead of talking. Like, they can't talk because their hole is full, but they want to keep centre stage anyway so they do that hand pantomine thing. That annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Miriam O'Callaghan"s accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

I don't want heartfelt sympathy, and it is beyond a trivially annoyance. But I was just informed a very dear friend of mine has terminal cancer in his lung and liver. They gave him 3 to 6 months and while he is being very brave, I am heartbroken for him and his family.Cancer and 2020 needs to **** off already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I don't want heartfelt sympathy, and it is beyond a trivially annoyance. But I was just informed a very dear friend of mine has terminal cancer in his lung and liver. They gave him 3 to 6 months and while he is being very brave, I am heartbroken for him and his family.Cancer and 2020 needs to **** off already.

So sorry to hear your news (Hugs)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,910 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Its supposed to spool away from you, you muck savage!

?? I've noticed women spoil in and men spool out , so obviously out is the correct way :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I work with a guy who shows photos and constantly talks about the stuff his kids do, I honestly do not ******* care! Those kind of people are the absolute worst

I show photos of my dog - check and mate bucko!!!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Miriam O'Callaghan"s accent.

Says “orf” like the queen!!! You’re a Dub ffs!!!

I’ll say an extra prayer if that’s okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I show photos of my dog - check and mate bucko!!!

I'd look at pictures and talk about dogs for hours

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Cancer and 2020 needs to **** off already.

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend.

I know two people - both are parents in their early 40s - who were diagnosed with cancer in March this year. One is dead already, one seems to be doing well on treatment.

I second your motion on what needs to f**k off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

i bought a radio that comes without remote control function, meaning youve to get up and change stations manually with the buttons on the radio every time.

also someone keeps changing the station far off from the one i like, meaning i spend ages tuning it back.

TA wish i got one with a remote to aid my laziness.

also TA, someone using your car blaring the radio full blast the night before and forgetting to turn it back down once they're finished , giving you a nice surprise when you switch it on the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Some halfwit sitting at the lights outside my office in his idiot mobile with the windows down and Marshall Mathers blasting on the stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Care booklets for work, they set up schedules and care practices and have to be signed by the client.
    Most clients have reading or sight issues, so we are mandated to fill these in using a certain size and font text.

Booklet is set to default to a different setting on every. single of its 14 categories. The title of said categories is in the wrong colour too,

TA the amount of time I waste changing and checking I have things set up properly(as it can impact on client safety) and the dam thing changes it all behind my back!!!!!

FFS set the dam thing up for its required usage at point of origin FFS.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Woke up after falling asleep, feeling :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Stupid fooking drivers. Some people shouldn't be on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

People sitting in their cars with the engine running. Saw one in Tesco recently as I called in to do some shopping, window down, on the phone, engine running. Still there 15 minutes later when I came back. Saw the same in an underground car park the week previously. Is there a reason to do this I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

People sitting in their cars with the engine running. Saw one in Tesco recently as I called in to do some shopping, window down, on the phone, engine running. Still there 15 minutes later when I came back. Saw the same in an underground car park the week previously. Is there a reason to do this I'm missing?

Only reason I can think of is that they want to have the heat on while they're sitting in the car, they'd run down the battery in no time if they didn't have the engine running.

There's an estate near me where people park to pick their kids up from a primary school. It's a quiet cul-de-sac beside a pedestrian entrance to a green area that the school is on the other side of. You see people sitting there outside houses with their engines running waiting for their kids. Parking there is fine - it's a public road and it relieves massive congestion from outside the school, but leaving the engine running outside someone's house is very inconsiderate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

They brought in 15.00 Fridays in my job a few weeks back where we can finish at 3 if we've no meetings, outstanding client work etc.

Without fail, the sh*t has hit the fan on one of my accounts at about 2.45 every Friday since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

People who describe themselves as a "tough cookie"...I always roll my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

When films are too dark. Specifically horror or action. I get the need to be atmospheric but I'm literally squinting to see what the hell is happening.

Event Horizon as an example. Hadn't a clue what was going on tbh. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Autosport wrote:
    I’m TA’d that the weekend is nearly over

Only 5 days till the next one!!

Told ya there was only 5 days to go.

Have a great weekend Autosport and all the other posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote: »
    They brought in 15.00 Fridays in my job a few weeks back where we can finish at 3 if we've no meetings, outstanding client work etc.

Without fail, the sh*t has hit the fan on one of my accounts at about 2.45 every Friday since.

Only finished now

*Dawson crying face*

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Only finished now

*Dawson crying face*

I had to work till 7 - pain is felt!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement