Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Trying to order stuff off two separate irish websites and both fail as you fill in your personal details.

All that effort picking each item to get nowhere.

International websites working just fine and have taken my money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

TA'd at my previous post in TA.I shouldn't have posted such a personal post. Now I am embarrassed at myself. So I apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

TA'd at my previous post in TA.I shouldn't have posted such a personal post. Now I am embarrassed at myself. So I apologise.

You should not feel bad, you were rightfully upset. Don't be down on yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Glass tables.

Glass tables.

:pac: True that J J..... Them coffee tables with the big glass panel in the middle. I be lying back on sofa, and stick my foot under the table for to put some pressure against the wooden part to get a bit of leverage to haul ass up from couch.... Only sometimes I go too far under the table, and push that glass panel upwards... Knocks the whole 'table eco-system' outta whack :(

Spilled water, headphones getting stuck, remotes rattling away, all that noise etc.. not good :o Then there's the noise factor when putting cups, glasses etc on the table.. Couldn't hack a table made completely from glass though... Just like me, it'd crack up :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

:pac: True that J J..... Them coffee tables with the big glass panel in the middle. I be lying back on sofa, and stick my foot under the table for to put some pressure against the wooden part to get a bit of leverage to haul ass up from couch.... Only sometimes I go too far under the table, and push that glass panel upwards... Knocks the whole 'table eco-system' outta whack :(

Spilled water, headphones getting stuck, remotes rattling away, all that noise etc.. not good :o Then there's the noise factor when putting cups, glasses etc on the table.. Couldn't hack a table made completely from glass though... Just like me, it'd crack up :P

I just cannot with them ha ha.

All the reasons, plus can see every single mark on it and can't hide anything. Mostly though, like you say, I'd crack it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA at the courier who delivered a package today. Our 9yr old answered the door bell and he handed her a package with the dispatch label from Smyths clearly visible!!

^^^^^

I'm guessing toys from Santy :P Smyth's toy store I reckon..

Had to work that one out :( Don't order online, so I presume the label showing is 'bad form' :)

TA am still up - Monday aint too far away, and if I get up late later on today, it'll be impossible to get to sleep tonight (Sunday) , or in the very small just after midnight hours :(

Maybe I'll 'sacrifice' , and manage on 4 or 5 if I hit it in the next hr or so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,006 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

cj maxx wrote: »
    No , it was just a few red chilli peppers and run of the mill tesco/dunnes chilli powder. Might try the Kashmiri stuff

If you can't get kashmiri chillies, add in a teaspoon of regular paprika (not smoked or hot paprika). It's a well known substitute to use regular chilli powder and paprika if you don't have kashmiri chillies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I rant on here all the time, I know that most ppl just ignore and read on and never give it another thought.

The people your post resonated with know how you feel and will accept it for what it was, an expression of grief and rage.

I cant see a need for an apology for such a human post. I'm sad you feel embarrassed. I for one don't think any less of you for it.

As someone has lost a lot of ppl to cancer, F*&K Cancer!
    TA Cancer and its impact on other ppl.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

TA at people who think their life is an exemplar for everything in society.

I live alone, my dad was my only family and he died in October. I’m working from home. My work and friends are in Dublin - I live down the country.

I’d like the pub to be open as you can go in and within a few minutes be having a chat over racing on TV; or football or politics or nothing. It’s a great boost for the lonely in society - and there are people well worse off than I.

Yet you get posters mocking their above, saying people use mental health as an issue just because they don’t get it.

TL:DR - people need to see what others are going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My usual Sunday TA is lots of people travelling beyond 5km to visit the forestry near us, and creating hazards blocking up the roads by illegally parking, sometimes on both sides, meaning we then have to travel to the suburbs to find a park to walk in because we can't use the walks that are 2-3 km from us. Basically, they come here, we have to go there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Porklife wrote: »
    People who describe themselves as a "tough cookie"...I always roll my eyes.
    Antares35 wrote: »
    Studied at university of life etc

Employment : Full time mad bastard

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The mans voice on Come Dine with me . Its unwatchable because of him .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Supermacs overcooking their fish meal.

Finding a Dunnes 10euro off voucher the day after spending fifty quid there. Wouldn't mind it was stuck to the fridge so we'd remember it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

People that think that if a word ends in an "s" it has to have an apostrophe.
    There were four car's parked outside the house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

mikemac2 wrote: »

Parents of little princess and handsome little man too!

And go on baby****ingmoons!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Antares35 wrote: »
    My usual Sunday TA is lots of people travelling beyond 5km to visit the forestry near us, and creating hazards blocking up the roads by illegally parking, sometimes on both sides, meaning we then have to travel to the suburbs to find a park to walk in because we can't use the walks that are 2-3 km from us. Basically, they come here, we have to go there!

Hopefully when the restrictions ease up the people that have starting using these forest trails will go back to doing whatever they used to do. The place I normally go to is quiet enough but this year it has been packed with people that have no regard for where they are when it comes to parking, rubbish etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

biko wrote: »
    People that think that if a word ends in an "s" it has to have an apostrophe.

Ladie's toilet
    Saint Jame's Hospital
    Jesu's is the son of God

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

mikemac2 wrote: »

Professor of Bolloxology 🙄🀨🀔🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TA that my plan to just vegetate for the whole day didn't happen.
    My next day off work will be Christmas day so was hoping to fully recharge the batteries.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Hopefully when the restrictions ease up the people that have starting using these forest trails will go back to doing whatever they used to do. The place I normally go to is quiet enough but this year it has been packed with people that have no regard for where they are when it comes to parking, rubbish etc

No regard for the speed limit either especially given the roads where we are can be dangerous to those unfamiliar with them. Doesn't matter that there is livestock in the area, farmers doing their work, other families living around with kids etc. Yet, probably where they live there are signs up saying "watch that child", 10kpm speed limits, speed bumps, bollards to prevent shortcuts and neighbourhood watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The mans voice on Come Dine with me . Its unwatchable because of him .

I get that with Gogglebox that my gf likes. The way he says "Giles and Mary from Wiltshire" does my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

PsychoPete wrote: »

Massy's Estate, the Hellfire Club and Cruagh are all within my 5km and I've been walking them regularly for years. With the exception of the Hellfire you'd often go up and only see one or two other cars. Since Covid hit, they're all rammed every single weekend. To the point where the Gardai started clamping anyone parked on the road to discourage people from visiting. Which is a bit of a pain in the face when I'm only 2km from home and perfectly entitled to be there.

I've just read that back and I realise I sound like a right little princess but it's just a bit frustrating. Massy's in particular is my favourite place to walk. It doesn't have a car park but you used to be able to park perfectly safely (and legally) across the road til the world and its mother descended on the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭blade1

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I get that with Gogglebox that my gf likes. The way he says "Giles and Mary from Wiltshire" does my head in

Steady now Nutty! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Cookies. Not the edible kind. It annoys me to death that not all websites have a button that says "reject/object all". They have a blanket acceptance button, but not one to refuse everything. Which brings me to the other annoyance: "reject all" doesn't always mean "reject all". Let me introduce you to the list of "partners" and the list of "legitimate interests". :mad:

Didn't Boards used to have a blanket 'cookie acceptance' , without the option to accept/refuse :confused: ?

Am not too sure about that, but tis getting worser and worser - hardly any site nowadays will allow entry without 'accepting'.

TA this cold weather, and not having to go out much these days there's less need to wash/change clothes regularly. But it seems colder - way colder actually - than what it probably is when am wearing same for 2-3 days :eek: :o :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The way the big media companies fill us full of unimportant crapola and when something that will really effect us happens they stay silent.
    For eg. they are going to (they might have done it already in fact) dump over a million tonnes of dangerous contaminated water from Fukushima into the ocean. Why? because it is the cheapest option available to them :mad:
    https://globalvoices.org/2020/10/31/decision-to-dump-radioactive-water-from-the-fukushima-nuclear-disaster-site-into-the-ocean-sparks-alarm/

Not a fecking peep about it from any of the big papers or tv news and websites.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The way the big media companies fill us full of unimportant crapola and when something that will really effect us happens they stay silent.
    For eg. they are going to (they might have done it already in fact) dump over a million tonnes of dangerous contaminated water from Fukushima into the ocean. Why? because it is the cheapest option available to them :mad:
    https://globalvoices.org/2020/10/31/decision-to-dump-radioactive-water-from-the-fukushima-nuclear-disaster-site-into-the-ocean-sparks-alarm/

Not a fecking peep about it from any of the big papers or tv news and websites.

And that is why the world is going to hell in a handcart. :(:(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement