Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The atrocious driving and self-importance of the school-run set.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I have to go for a patch test for my hair colour today - been dyeing my hair for nearly 40 years but it’s a reopened salon who changed hands since the lockdown so I have to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

More bad news medically. FFS. I actually can't with this anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Your Face wrote: »
    The atrocious driving and self-importance of the school-run set.

Overheard a mom this morning that her kids were 'almost thrown out of the car' in her haste to get to the shops :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Antares35 wrote: »
    Reports of people queuing for Penney's from 4am this morning. They are open for the next THREE WEEKS!

Do people think all the pjs (sorry, jammies) are going to sell out? Really, one of the biggest fast fashion retailers is so clueless about operations and stock control that there won't be any pjs left in the country? They will just sell them all in one day.

A lot of the people in the queue probably need new jammies to go to the shop or the post office in :rolleyes:

My TA, why is there a Whatsapp group for EVERYTHING? Doing fantasy football this year, Castletownman? Wait till I add you to the group, even though there is never any activity on it. I understand creating ones for a stag or something for organising travel/accommodation etc. (when they were a thing :(), but at the same time, I'm happy enough to just know the dates it is on, and if I need anything else I will contact the organiser directly. I don't want nor need to see that completely unrelated viral video for the fifth time.

We have our own family group which is fair enough, but am also part of two separate whatsapp group for my sets of cousins on each side, again which are infrequently used. And what's worse, you feel like you have to remain part of the group because you can't subtly leave and be seen as unsocial.

If I want to contact any of ye, I will on my own accord!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Just had a guy and his wife lose the rag when I suggested to them that blocking 80% of the footpath with their car was not a very civic minded thing to so.

TA the I'm all right Jack so screw everyone else mentality of people who most likely see themselves as decent neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The phrase SMH.

I don’t mind people using it at all, but when I was younger, I was in a band, and the first gig we played was in The Underground in Dame Street (Dublin) with a punk band called SMH - which stood for “Stroke My Helmet”.

So whenever I see the phrase “SMH” on the interwebs, like “neighbour has let their dog crap all over the footpath again. SMH” I read “Stroke My Helmet”, and think “is that really an appropriate response?”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Just had a guy and his wife lose the rag when I suggested to them that blocking 80% of the footpath with their car was not a very civic minded thing to so.

TA the I'm all right Jack so screw everyone else mentality of people who most likely see themselves as decent neighbours.
    Oh yeah some people are wound up tighter than a Swiss watch atm. Just waiting to go off on somebody.
    TA omnipitent celebs like Philip Schofield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭golondrinas

The low pressure warning light coming on( Honda civic) when I decide to swap wheels around. The tyres have the correct pressure . WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I instantly lose all respect for (and in the spirit of the thread, become TA'd by!) any posters who do the following:

Use terms like "buddy", "mate" or "pal" to address another poster.

Accuse someone of "virtue signalling" (special place in hell).

Say that another thread is ====> way.

Have a dig at someone over their username, or say "apt username" as a comeback.

Constantly asking for links and evidence as if we're in a court of law and not an online discussion forum.

Accusing someone of being disingenuous.

Did I mention use of the phrase "virtue signalling".

Even if what they are saying makes perfect sense, I just instantly despise them :D

Also TA the babba is having her afternoon nap on my chest which is fine god I'll miss her when I go back to work, but I've spent twenty minutes trying to open a bar, and every time the wrapper crinkles she stirs. God damnit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Picked up some of those meal packet sachets , handy to have when energy and inspiration are no where to be found.

Just add meat and veg it says..... casserole style dishes so potato and carrots should do it (we are not a veg household) ...didn't bother reading the pack.

Go to use one....425 mls of milk followed by 4 tablespoons of cream...... excellent cream has now become my favourite veg.

The other one wants a tin of tomatoes, which I wasn't exactly expecting either .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,951 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I instantly lose all respect for (and in the spirit of the thread, become TA'd by!) any posters who do the following:

Constantly asking for links and evidence as if we're in a court of law and not an online discussion forum.

Even if what they are saying makes perfect sense, I just instantly despise them :D

I need to add a few to this list.

Posters who end their statements with "FACT" as if doing that has any affect on the veracity of what was said.

Finishing with >close thread

or >you can thank me later

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I am so sick of cooking.

And I love cooking. But I'm just over it at this point. Why can't I live with someone like me and get my dinner handed to me every night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Posters who end their statements with "FACT" as if doing that has any affect on the veracity of what was said.

Sure I'll continue...

"Fixed your post for you"

Oh feck off :)

Can I add cocky sarcastic ****ers who patronize you and then go “but you knew that already”.

Sand in the gee for those people!!!

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I am so sick of cooking.

And I love cooking. But I'm just over it at this point. Why can't I live with someone like me and get my dinner handed to me every night?

I can’t wait for the forthcoming gender war to go fully mental - I want a man with the training of a 50d Mad Men wife!!!

Also TA the babba is having her afternoon nap on my chest which is fine god I'll miss her when I go back to work, but I've spent twenty minutes trying to open a bar, and every time the wrapper crinkles she stirs. God damnit.

:D At a conservative estimate that must be over 60% of Boards posters there :pac: #oneortwoareaprobablemetoo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

:D At a conservative estimate that must be over 60% of Boards posters there :pac: #oneortwoareaprobablemetoo :p

I'm probably guilty of one or two myself. TA living in fear of being called on my hypocrisy :D

While we're at confession, bless me father I'm going to Penneys later for fluffy socks and jammies!

I'm probably guilty of one or two myself. TA living in fear of being called on my hypocrisy :D

While we're at confession, bless me father I'm going to Penneys later for fluffy socks and jammies!

Mebbe you're being disingenuous there Antares, and being diplomatically magnanimous for t'sake of thread harmony :D

Tekkin one for t'team :pac:

TA was coaxed into buying euromillions today.. E3.50 a pop - WTF! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The phrase SMH.

I don’t mind people using it at all, but when I was younger, I was in a band, and the first gig we played was in The Underground in Dame Street (Dublin) with a punk band called SMH - which stood for “Stroke My Helmet”.

So whenever I see the phrase “SMH” on the interwebs, like “neighbour has let their dog crap all over the footpath again. SMH” I read “Stroke My Helmet”, and think “is that really an appropriate response?”

I have previously looked up what SMH means. I remember looking it up. But I can never remember what it means. So my silly head, in the most ridiculously overblown fake southern American accent, always says 'Seriousleh ma homie' anytime I see it. I'm TA'd with myself for this potentially racist nonsense. :o

• Advertisement

TA when I agree with what a poster says, but cannae bring myself to thank post, cos there's summit in post what's TA worthy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Bredabe

NOT TA'S freaking raging!
    Try to top up the family debit card, it's a replacement card as the other one has aged out.
    I can't top it up in PO as the pin is 'wrong', it's not.

Go to the bank, deposit the money and move machines to check the balance, first card expired message as expected, 'new card' gives error message around the pin. CS when they finally arrive tell me I'm inputting the number wrong, I'm not(I work with short no's all the time)

LSS Bank has fecked up three accounts, I'll incur charges as the a/c is locked now, I was called the a/c holder's mother, and his personal details were overheard by random customers there.

BUT It's not their fault and now I have to put a hard of hearing person on the phone(they don't have the text service) and take time off when he's off work again to clear up their mistake!

But yea, it's all to protect other ppl!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

TA the Irish site what normally does a good job of providing info for the studying of form of t'equine species is gone erratic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

TA the Irish site what normally does a good job of providing info for the studying of form of t'equine species is gone erratic :(

Misread the last word there, wasn't sure what they were up to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The ladies will understand this one..
    Earrings getting caught in your face mask elastic.

To thine own self be true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Perfume advertisements at Christmas. Just phuck off already.

No matter how much Eau de toilette I put on I will never get to spend the night with Kiera Knightley on an expensive yacht cruising down the river Seine with fireworks in the distance. Or Scarlett Johansson.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Earworms! Yargggh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'm sure there is other websites that have the study of form of horse breeds, not why you'd want to study different species of horse

TA I haven't a scooby what a "50d Mad Men wife" is :(:D

• Advertisement

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I'm sure there is other websites that have the study of form of horse breeds, not why you'd want to study different species of horse

Nowt to do with 'horse breeds' Pete , nor indeed different species of horses - I just figured it was a more august way of saying "I've no way of studying the form because the Irish Racing website aint working so good" :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement