Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

TA the Irish site what normally does a good job of providing info for the studying of form of t'equine species is gone erratic :(
    Misread the last word there, wasn't sure what they were up to :D

TA I've more'n half-racked me brain and still don't know what you thought the last word was :pac:

Also; TA that I can't quote a post in totality that has also quoted a post ie quote the post along with the quoted post (if that makes sense) :o:p

I think it can be done - am sure I've seen other posters perform that "operation" successfully :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Nowt to do with 'horse breeds' Pete , nor indeed different species of horses - I just figured it was a more august way of saying "I've no way of studying the form because the Irish Racing website aint working so good" :D:D

I just think you are trying to cover up the fact that you are into some sort of weird horse activity

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I just think you are trying to cover up the fact that you are into some sort of weird horse activity

:D:D:D:D:D:D I'm rumbled :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I have a cheap weighing scales from Argos. I forget what it cost, maybe around 15 euro

My TA is when I step on first time it goes to an error message. I broke the scales :eek: my life is over!! :(

But then I step off and step on again and it works ok. It's unreliable and a terrible product but it this error message upsets me. Leaves me thinking I can break a weighing scales

Time to toss it in the bin I think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

TA I haven't a scooby what a "50d Mad Men wife" is :(:D

You finish work and there’s a drink waiting and your tea made and he shuts up while the football is on!!!

• Advertisement

Gervais08 wrote: »
    You finish work and there’s a drink waiting and your tea made and he shuts up while the football is on!!!

:)

Ta for the explanation,, I'm guessing the woman is the football fan in that scenario :confused::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

A 1st world problem I know but TA that the fella painting my house is still here. I hate sitting down to relax when someone else is still working. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

PeOpLe WhO tYpE LiKe tHiS. Grrrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

ever get a chinese and its like they just took yesterdays stuff and fuucked it all in the microwave? stodgy bland rice, doughy chicken balls when they should be crispy, awful brown chips (defo reheated) and powdery chicken strips. my local places are good but every so often its awful too.

TA hit and miss chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Shane Ritchie. His 'cheeky cockney chappy' act hides the fact that he is a nasty little git. And YES he is the Phantom Dribbler.

• Advertisement

:)

Ta for the explanation,, I'm guessing the woman is the football fan in that scenario :confused::p

I am!!! Many’s the time I’ve missed that start of a match to put the bins out, I need a tame man to do that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,914 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Shane Ritchie. His 'cheeky cockney chappy' act hides the fact that he is a nasty little git. And YES he is the Phantom Dribbler.

Anyone who also thinks Shane Ritchie is an annoyance gets a thank from me

I am!!! Many’s the time I’ve missed that start of a match to put the bins out, I need a tame man to do that!!

:pac:

Oh aye, besta luck with that :D

:pac:

Oh aye, besta luck with that :D

Ive already been told I might have to get a rough one and train him up but who has the time ???

Ive already been told I might have to get a rough one and train him up but who has the time ???

I feels ya.. :P Time - a big investment, and they aint making what's left of it last longer (or pause. rewind, fast-forward ; very complicated is time :pac:)

Might could be an idea to take the 5 mins hit on the bins once every wk or two - play da percentages G :P

There's probably a TV thread for this somewhere, but TA at dartboards on TV shows and films.

They're usually located on bedroom doors, but for some reason they're always hung about a foot lower than what they should be :( :mad:

And if that aint bad enough when they're in t'Rovers, or at t'Woolpack throwing a few; they always stand square to the ruddy board :eek: WTF is wrong with them? Everybody knows ya stand almost side on; or shoulders at about a 45 degree angle facing away when you fling them arrers :(

Oh, and they never miss the bull either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

A chap was getting off the bus and dropped his pack of Marlboro and never noticed

I was walking behind so I picked it up and handed back to him

Not a word of thanks, not an appreciative nod of the head, nothing. Took them off me and walked away

People telling other people who don’t agree with them to “COP ON” ......it’s a major TA of mine ....along with branding of same people as “idiots”. It’s been going on since Covid started and it’s all over social media , just heard it again on Newstalk breakfast.

Most people in their own way are doing their best in these times . None of us know the circumstances of others . Mind your own business !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

People telling other people who don’t agree with them to “COP ON” ......it’s a major TA of mine ....along with branding of same people as “idiots”. It’s been going on since Covid started and it’s all over social media , just heard it again on Newstalk breakfast.

Most people in their own way are doing their best in these times . None of us know the circumstances of others . Mind your own business !

cop on there sweetmaggie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Some bullshít ad in my news feed this morning touting a "cute baby competition" where you post a picture of your baby and internet strangers judge it to decide the "winner". How creepy. No, let's not put pictures of our children up for randomers to view and god knows what else. It even says "show your cute baby to the world". No thanks.

Closer to giving up FB every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Weird abbreviations on packing lists. I wonder what the postman thought he was delivering when he saw : BLLSCK : 3 PAIR on the packing list?

Football socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Weird abbreviations on packing lists. I wonder what the postman thought he was delivering when he saw : BLLSCK : 3 PAIR on the packing list?

Football socks.

I know what I thought and it wasn't what it was :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bullsick?!? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWHHHH!!!!!

My eyes. I am very lucky to have a working pair but my God they are driving me demented. Everything is irritating them. I was inspecting one yesterday in the mirror so had it open quite wide and that made it sore. I had a glass of wine and the smell tormented them. I wash my face, I go in to a particular shop, I experience a change in temperature, the wind blows. :(

They all bloodshot and watery today. I am wearing eye makeup but not wearing any doesn't make a blind ( :pac: ) bit of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

People who park badly and take up two spaces

The song Hazard by Richard Marx.

Leaving aside the fact I’m fairly sure he killed his girlfriend, even if he didn’t he admits he “left her by the river” - hardly a gentleman!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Kids in junior infants getting homework.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Kids in junior infants getting homework.

I worked in an After School club once as a homework supervisor and there was this one little fella in Junior Infants who would get about 2 hours of homework!All it it was doing was tiring him and stressing him out and completely turning him off learning. I could see no benefit from it whatsoever. A line of reading, maybe, to consolidate and reinforce what they learned in school. A line if a new letter or number to write or maybe a bit of a colouring in task. One of these would be good. But this kid would literally get a whole page of letters, a whole page of numbers, an unseen page to read, a rhyme to learn and a colouring in task every day. Absolutely ridiculous. If he was my kid I'd be having words with the school.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The song Hazard by Richard Marx.

Leaving aside the fact I’m fairly sure he killed his girlfriend, even if he didn’t he admits he “left her by the river” - hardly a gentleman!!!!

The sheriff did it. Duh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Stop-Go systems. Always operated by people who clearly have absolutely zero understanding of traffic patterns. And they're EVERYWHERE at this time of year as councils and local authorities dig up every road in sight in a desperate attempt to use up their budgets.

Bonus stupid points to the Gardai who set up a checkpoint literally 250m down the road from said roadworks this evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement