Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Having a sandwich today, opened some tuna, drained it, made the sandwich, started eating it then realised I haven't drained the tuna enough, the end of the bread got a bit soggy and tuna water dripped down my arm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Having a sandwich today, opened some tuna, drained it, made the sandwich, started eating it then realised I haven't drained the tuna enough, the end of the bread got a bit soggy and tuna water dripped down my arm

Serves you right for eating tuna..food of the devil I tells ya!

Probably more me being a crank but people who get into the lift beside you instead of taking the stairs. I don't mind in a large lift in a building with many floors but my apartment block only has 4 floors and the lift is tiny. You could barely squeeze 3 people into it. If I see someone get into it, I'll take the stairs but loads of times some dickhead will get in with me and get out on the 1st floor. Use the stairs you lazy oaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,914 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

cj maxx wrote: »
    No , it was just a few red chilli peppers and run of the mill tesco/dunnes chilli powder. Might try the Kashmiri stuff

Well , I couldn't find Kashmiri Kashmiri chilli powder but cayanne and paprika has did the job. Lovely lovely red chicken curry .it really does look the part, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

cj maxx wrote: »
    Well , I couldn't find Kashmiri Kashmiri chilli powder but cayanne and paprika has did the job. Lovely lovely red chicken curry .it really does look the part, cheers :)

Works out better if you swap out the chilli powder for cream

• Registered Users Posts: 13,914 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Works out better if you swap out the chilli powder for cream

God, that doesn't sound good at all !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

:)
    Porklife wrote: »
    Serves you right for eating tuna..food of the devil I tells ya!

Probably more me being a crank but people who get into the lift beside you instead of taking the stairs. I don't mind in a large lift in a building with many floors but my apartment block only has 4 floors and the lift is tiny. You could barely squeeze 3 people into it. If I see someone get into it, I'll take the stairs but loads of times some dickhead will get in with me and get out on the 1st floor. Use the stairs you lazy oaf.

If it helps I love silently farting in lifts but there to be at least three people in the lift. It's not the same farting in the queues in the shops are more, the social distancing has ruined it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

How do you remove the gaming tab at the top of Facebook, driving me spare as I keep hitting it with cursor, I'm on a Windows laptop and not a smart phone or tablet.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My car must be cursed, or something. Any time I've ever had to do anything with it, things have gone wrong. I only have it a year and a half but I've half a mind of replacing it. The last in a long sequence of annoyances of various degrees of triviality has been trying to buy mud and snow tyres. Shop local and all that, so I called to the tyre guys in the village, they're usually quite good. That was last August. A month later, still not a peep out of them, so I went in person. They were almost grovelling in their apology, they said they had forgotten. Fair enough, it's September, I don't need them this minute. They looked at the tyres I had and they said themselves that I had still had a good few months on them. I left them the measurements again, my phone number number again, got another quote and I was told it'd be a couple of weeks. Grand. Still nothing. I rang them again. They thought they had them in stock, said they'd go to look, apologised again, saying they did order them but never got them, so they said they'd be in touch with the supplier again promising they'd ring me back. Zilch. I made one more attempt this morning. Grovelling apology again, saying they can't get them in "my size" but they can get the size up. 1. It's unlikely they're going to shrink in the wash to fit my car. 2. It's a very common car, it's not a special edition vintage car or super deluxe car with tyres made of chewingum pre-chewed by elves. If you don't want my business, just say so and stop effing wasting my time. Shop local my foot. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Hmm, seems like an appropriate thread to express myself.

Gf got lip fillers today and certainly didn't need them as she is naturally pretty. It looks really weird to me as I always found lip filler duck lips odd looking and wondered why people would do that to themselves.

Just a bit blindsided, I will get over the shock but I think my face (which is an emotional giveaway) said more than any words could.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

How the fcuk do the kids manage to get toothpaste on the bathroom wall??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Gf got lip fillers today and certainly didn't need them as she is naturally pretty. It looks really weird to me as I always found lip filler duck lips odd looking and wondered why people would do that to themselves.

Just a bit blindsided, I will get over the shock but I think my face (which is an emotional giveaway) said more than any words could.

If it was just today, the lips are probably swollen so it won’t be as bad as it now looks.
    I don’t have them but not against the idea. Some go too far and look ridiculous.

TA at staying up too late

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

ChikiChiki wrote: »

So many jokes about hers no longer being an emotional giveaway! :D sorry, that's actually more with people who get botoxed foreheads I think, and their expression remains the same :)

It's nice that you think she was perfect the way she was :)

TA feeling like a rag because my concession to beauty is a shower and a pair of leggings, while other women care enough about themselves to get lip fillers. Must get act together :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm not a light sleeper but if I do get woken up, I struggle to fall back asleep.

Other half wakes me up to bring the dog downstairs to go for a piss outside. I come back upstair afterwards, then realised 5 mins later I forgot to close the back door. So I go back down

Then I come back up into bed. 10 mins later the dog starts crying again. He wants up on the bed.

The dog gets what he wants and the missus is now zonked, snoring like satan, and I can't get back to sleep.

So here I am, wide-eyed on Boards at nearly 4am, giving out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I'm not a light sleeper but if I do get woken up, I struggle to fall back asleep.

Other half wakes me up to bring the dog downstairs to go for a piss outside. I come back upstair afterwards, then realised 5 mins later I forgot to close the back door. So I go back down

Then I come back up into bed. 10 mins later the dog starts crying again. He wants up on the bed.

The dog gets what he wants and the missus is now zonked, snoring like satan, and I can't get back to sleep.

So here I am, wide-eyed on Boards at nearly 4am, giving out.

Waiting for the cat to come back in, around 4am very night it want to go out and p*ss on everything in the neighbourhood. At least he sh*t in the neighbours :D

Why do some people have an inability to put dirty butter knives in the sink. They have to leave it on the worktop full of butter so anything near it get smeared with butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Kylta wrote:
    If it helps I love silently farting in lifts but there to be at least three people in the lift. It's not the same farting in the queues in the shops are more, the social distancing has ruined it

That's just wrong on every level.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    That's just wrong on every level.

:D

Each floor should have its own aroma

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Michael MacIntyre the big twerp has a new quiz show. :(
    From the promo it looks like he has assembled some of the most annoying people in showbiz to appear on it.
    He must have a little black twerp book full of names and numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Antares35 wrote: »
    So many jokes about hers no longer being an emotional giveaway! :D sorry, that's actually more with people who get botoxed foreheads I think, and their expression remains the same :)

It's nice that you think she was perfect the way she was :)

TA feeling like a rag because my concession to beauty is a shower and a pair of leggings, while other women care enough about themselves to get lip fillers. Must get act together :(

Oohh leggings...well la di da:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Calling a well know business to check stock,
    Get through the phone menu(press 1 for this or 2 for that)
    the message there says they don't take calls from mobile no's.

WTF
    Ta

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

We've literally been having a team meeting over Teams every week since about May. How can you possibly not understand that it is not ok to leave your mic on while you eat a croissant and slurp your tea? And don't even get me started about your fcuking dog barking in the background. Everyone else in the meeting apart from the manager is muted except for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    We've literally been having a team meeting over Teams every week since about May. How can you possibly not understand that it is not ok to leave your mic on while you eat a croissant and slurp your tea? And don't even get me started about your fcuking dog barking in the background. Everyone else in the meeting apart from the manager is muted except for you.

Could you make a passive aggressive comment?

"Enjoying your tea there frank? That croissant certainly sounds tasty" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

TA at feeling triggered.

TA at gaining weight and fluid retention due to whatever is happening my body.

TA that I don't know and naturally expecting the worst.

TA at myself!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I actually would not be able for that. My eyes would have rolled back ha ha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Caught by Customs duty, which was twice as much as I originally paid for new chef knives. How do they calculate that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

The lady out for a walk with her child who decided to stick the buggy out onto the road before checking to see if it was safe to cross. Her phone conversation must have been very important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

The lady out for a walk with her child who decided to stick the buggy out onto the road before checking to see if it was safe to cross. Her phone conversation must have been very important.

I see that quite a lot when I am out walking. And makes me panic for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

I see that quite a lot when I am out walking. And makes me panic for them.

I know. She seemed totally oblivious to what she was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That's just bad housekeeping from whoever runs the meeting. Mics on mute should have been the rule from the start. Still, count your blessings, we have one every day :(

My TA is that EVERYTHING needs to be a Teams call these days. Nobody ever just picks up the phone any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I've taken to just muting other participants who are making unnecessary noise (hit the three dots beside their name, and then "Mute Participant". You don't have to be the meeting organiser to do it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I know. She seemed totally oblivious to what she was doing.

I sometimes see parents with little ones running ahead of them on a footpath near a busy road. Are small people not really unpredictable and liable to just launch themselves into the path of an oncoming car? I always slow right down going past, kind of expecting them to jump out. If you're any more than six feet away from your kid, you won't be able to stop them. Mine isn't mobile yet so I don't know, but I always panic when I see them flying along.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement