Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Keep seeking answers until you are satisfied you have the root of the problem. Ask for a second opinion if you are not happy. Sometimes you need to make a nuisance of yourself before medics take you seriously.

And stay away from Dr. Google!

It might help to keep a detailed food diary for a week or two. Might pinpoint something which you should avoid.
    Hope you are feeling better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I've taken to just muting other participants who are making unnecessary noise (hit the three dots beside their name, and then "Mute Participant". You don't have to be the meeting organiser to do it).

If only we could do that in real life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Antares35 wrote: »
    I sometimes see parents with little ones running ahead of them on a footpath near a busy road. Are small people not really unpredictable and liable to just launch themselves into the path of an oncoming car? I always slow right down going past, kind of expecting them to jump out. If you're any more than six feet away from your kid, you won't be able to stop them. Mine isn't mobile yet so I don't know, but I always panic when I see them flying along.

Or when they are on a scooter. I always slow right down too..

"The good thing about getting old is you don't care what people think about you anymore" , so sayeth 'old people' , and less than old people that like to come out and say stuff,,,,

Not giving a crop is one thing, but J h C being inconsiderate is another,,,, Am thinking of you Post Office bint :mad: Don't know how long you were at counter, but it seemed like a ruddy age. Caught the 'tail end' of your interaction with clerk behind counter, and you were complaining about stuff getting more expensive,, I really hope you wasn't just ranting and shooting the breeze the whole while.

Upsetting the whole show you was. Queue building, they aint making any more land (or space in POs), not much room for 'social distancing' , which perhaps is something you complain about; well, if lack of social distancing annoys you; you was contributing to it today :mad:

Or maybe I've gotten you all wrong Bint person, and you had a legitimate reason for being at counter as long as you were, and that complaining about the cost of stuff was just a leaving remark,,,

TA that I aint full sure that Bint Biddy wasn't solely being bintish, but maybe it were outside her control the seemingly excessive amount of time she were at counter :( :mad:

TLDR old bints holding up queues :(

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

wildwillow wrote: »
    Keep seeking answers until you are satisfied you have the root of the problem. Ask for a second opinion if you are not happy. Sometimes you need to make a nuisance of yourself before medics take you seriously.

And stay away from Dr. Google!

It might help to keep a detailed food diary for a week or two. Might pinpoint something which you should avoid.
    Hope you are feeling better soon.

Thanks! Totally agree with you there. I went in with a strong agenda and I think I've made steps in the right direction. I finally feel taken seriously.

Not eating much but that's a good idea too - cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Caught by Customs duty, which was twice as much as I originally paid for new chef knives. How do they calculate that?

Seem to take VAT on the total cost including postage and add on an admin fee.

November and December are worst for it. Otherwise, most packages get through.

In the "computer says no" UK, things seem a lot stricter and almost every package is caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Seem to take VAT on the total cost including postage and add on an admin fee.

November and December are worst for it. Otherwise, most packages get through.

In the "computer says no" UK, things seem a lot stricter and almost every package is caught.

That is ridiculous how they detain that. And I am annoyed that I went along and paid it.I won't make that mistake again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The lady out for a walk with her child who decided to stick the buggy out onto the road before checking to see if it was safe to cross. Her phone conversation must have been very important.

I was driving through the local town, a woman walked out from behind a van with a buggy. Pushed the buggy straight onto the road and went to cross the road , thankfully I was going slow but I was inches away from hitting it. She looked at me like it was my fault because of course I can see through objects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I was driving through the local town, a woman walked out from behind a van with a buggy. Pushed the buggy straight onto the road and went to cross the road , thankfully I was going slow but I was inches away from hitting it. She looked at me like it was my fault because of course I can see through objects

I see it happen a lot during my walks. I cannot understand how parents would risk their child's wellbeing to just cross a street. If I had a child their safety and well being would be the forefront in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I've taken to just muting other participants who are making unnecessary noise (hit the three dots beside their name, and then "Mute Participant". You don't have to be the meeting organiser to do it).

This! Best feature in Teams ever. And in case you’re wondering, they see that someone has muted them, but don't know who!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Poochie05 wrote: »
    This! Best feature in Teams ever. And in case you’re wondering, they see that someone has muted them, but don't know who!

THIS IS A GAME CHANGER. I didn't want to just mute her because I thought I'd come across as rude. But I physically have to restrain myself from rolling my eyes at her.

She's a self confessed "technophobe" which is just another TA of mine. She uses it as an excuse to be lazy about things like this. I'll be muting her from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I really hope there’s a special place in hell for people who are cruel to animals :( My neighbour got 2 lovely kittens in the summer and they’ve been left out in all weathers with no shelter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

Discovered we have a mouse in the house today. Our cat, upon encountering this unvited house guest, just lept in the air and ran off. The rodent is presumably under the floor boards now, like a man in the trenches considering his next move.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

KungPao wrote: »
    Discovered we have a mouse in the house today. Our cat, upon encountering this unvited house guest, just lept in the air and ran off. The rodent is presumably under the floor boards now, like a man in the trenches considering his next move.

Has the cat come out of hiding?

People that borrow your stuff. Work with a guy and he is always looking to borrow tools, at first there wasn't an issue. He broke something on me a few months ago and wouldn't replace it. It was cheap so I let it off. Was looking for a tool today, couldn't find it. I spot it over in his work area thrown on the ground, it's worth about €700. I absolutely tore strips off him for it, the whole place was went quiet

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Has the cat come out of hiding?
    Yeah, he was acting weird for a while, now chilling. Rubbish at de-pesting the house. When he finds a big house spider, he just looks at it, gives it a nudge maybe.

People that borrow your stuff. Work with a guy and he is always looking to borrow tools, at first there wasn't an issue. He broke something on me a few months ago and wouldn't replace it. It was cheap so I let it off. Was looking for a tool today, couldn't find it. I spot it over in his work area thrown on the ground, it's worth about €700. I absolutely tore strips off him for it, the whole place was went quiet
    Within a week of me buying a carpet cleaner...relation asking for a loan of it. Fck off like. You've had carpet for decades, never thought to buy one yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Yeah, he was acting weird for a while, now chilling. Rubbish at de-pesting the house. When he finds a big house spider, he just looks at it, gives it a nudge maybe.

He sounds like a gentle fella. I had one like that. Dont think I ever saw his claws.

Within a week of me buying a carpet cleaner...relation asking for a loan of it. Fck off like. You've had carpet for decades, never thought to buy one yourself?

If I know someone will look after it then I've no problem loaning something

If I know someone will look after it then I've no problem loaning something
    Me too. But if the item stops working while in their possession...will they buy you a like for like, or try to weasel out of it. "I just turned it on, and it was like that, I swear". Too much hassle. Buy your own stuff.

• Advertisement

Really bad palpitations and can't sleep because of them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I get that when I'm dehydrated and don't realise it, Antares. It might not be the same for you, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Our cat brings in live mice and voles, lets them free in the house and just wanders off, leaving me to deal with it. TAd that I actually had to buy a mouse trap because of the cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

Farmer's cow bellowing for the last hour. Surely cows need sleep !!
    I'm not getting much.

Baby just woke for a whinge. Gave her a feed and she's back to sleep now and I'm wide awake again.

The dog is also asleep, but snoring her brains out so I have to keep poking her to stop her snoring from waking the baby. OH is in the spare room for much the same reason, but I can still hear him.

Whoever said sleep while the baby sleeps must never have had a baby!

When you're using GPS to find somewhere so you click "start navigation" before you drive out of the carpark you're in and it says something ridiculous like, "head west". I don't know what "head west" means. Do I drive into the car to my left? Do other drivers bring a compass? Am I missing something obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Thanks! Totally agree with you there. I went in with a strong agenda and I think I've made steps in the right direction. I finally feel taken seriously.

Not eating much but that's a good idea too - cheers :)

Do you drink enough water? You should be drinking at least a litre and a half a day. Hope you get answers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I fell into an extremely deep sleep literally 2 minutes before I was due to get up. I was trapped in a dream knowing that I was asleep and that I needed to wake. I was screaming at myself in my dream to wake up. I then kept on having recurring dream after recurring dream of getting up and going to the bathroom only to find myself back in bed again.
    When I finally do manage to break the cycle and get out of bed for real I'm like a total zombie and both my legs are wobbly underneath me as I stagger to the bathroom.
    I hate it when your brain decides to go into it's deepest, darkest REM cycle sleep literally minutes before you have to wake up. I'm on the bus now still feeling like a zombie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

This morning just as the microwave beeped I glanced over at the worktop and saw the bowl of porridge I thought I was cooking grrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It was so cold last night I put a duvet on the bed. When i woke up this morning I was far too hot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement