Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I hate it when your brain decides to go into it's deepest, darkest REM cycle sleep literally minutes before you have to wake up. I'm on the bus now still feeling like a zombie :(

I remember years ago I was living in an apartment about a mile from my parents. I was due to visit them for Sunday dinner, and decided to have a nap before I headed off. Set an alarm, fell asleep, and then suddenly woke to the alarm going off - I say "woke", but while I could physically move around, I wasn't properly conscious at all.

Whatever brain-wave state I was in, I actually felt like my brain was broken. I remember having to cross a main road at traffic lights, and having to think really, really hard about how to use the pedestrian crossing, what the lights meant, and what way the traffic was moving. In the end it was too much to process, and I had to take the chance that I had got everything right and just went for it. It was really scary. When I got to their house, I could barely talk. Doing anything that required any kind of mental activity was a huge effort. Took about 2 hours for my brain to come back to normal, which was a huge relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

KungPao wrote: »
    Me too. But if the item stops working while in their possession...will they buy you a like for like, or try to weasel out of it. "I just turned it on, and it was like that, I swear". Too much hassle. Buy your own stuff.

I had this before with a chop saw that I lent out to a friend who just bought a new house. The lie is what p*ssed me off. It was the fact that they felt they could lie and thought they'd get away with it. If they had just told me I wouldn't have been anywhere near as annoyed. I lent it out to him but it was the missus who was the one returning it with the excuses. He said nothing like the donkey he is.

When it comes to tools I borrowed, that I've damaged or misplaced, They are replaced before returning. I think it's bad form to return anything broken or damaged with excuses. Alot of people don't get the concept 'You break it, replace it', but instead some play on the niceness of others, paired with the preconceived notion that they should not be covering the damage. They also are also the ones who react the worst when you tell me to replace it. :rolleyes:

Having a coffee in the just reopened restaurant I had to endure a fairly audible conversation, more monologue about how "Joe Cool" declares he has no time for Playstation and while being able to go to the gym, he's able to do a round of golf again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Frosty weather.

How could an adult be seriously looking forward to a White Christmas in this of all years? Snow is a pain in the hole for anyone that lives in the countryside, and any adult that enjoys it clearly doesn't have to face driving work in it early in the morning. Then there is the old chestnut "but my kids enjoy it". Yeah well, the majority of stuff that are enjoyable for kids are annoying to adults.

Last year I skidded off the road in frost and was lucky to escape with minor damage to the car and no injury to myself, but I have been a nervous driver in those conditions since. And now its forecast to be frosty for the next few mornings, and am already dreading driving to work tomorrow. And any substantial snow fall will mean that I am essentially stranded at home again, after two lockdowns and a period of self-isolation in between.

Woohoo for snow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Fcking traffic. Bumper to bumper mayhem. People with no patience, long queues everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I do like the frosty morning because it's normally a nice day. As my neighbours says "tis a grand fresh morning"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Woohoo for snow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I had this before with a chop saw that I lent out to a friend who just bought a new house. The lie is what p*ssed me off. It was the fact that they felt they could lie and thought they'd get away with it. If they had just told me I wouldn't have been anywhere near as annoyed. I lent it out to him but it was the missus who was the one returning it with the excuses. He said nothing like the donkey he is.

When it comes to tools I borrowed, that I've damaged or misplaced, They are replaced before returning. I think it's bad form to return anything broken or damaged with excuses. Alot of people don't get the concept 'You break it, replace it', but instead some play on the niceness of others, paired with the preconceived notion that they should not be covering the damage. They also are also the ones who react the worst when you tell me to replace it. :rolleyes:

We had a right chuckle at a friend who recently returned a brand new copy of a book to my husband. He was so apologetic because he thought the book he had been lent was in such a state due to his negligence. We tried to tell him that the book was at least 40 years old and had been in a terrible state when it was lent. He refused to take back the new copy though.

TA today is that NI water is doing work on the road so we've no water for the day. And we forgot to fill any sort of receptacle with water beforehand so all we have is a half glass to do us till 3pm. Really paranoid about not being able to wash my hands right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭3d4life

Woohoo for snow! :D

TA'ed by posts like this

( Bah, Grumble, Grumble )

Emailed a customer: Dear Customer, please do A and B and return to me.
    Customer: Can you please call me?

Me: Hello customer, how can I help you?
    Customer: So what do I need to do?
    Me: *inwardly screaming* just A............and then B................and send it back to me...........that's it.
    Customer: Ok that's no problem.
    Me: *breathes deeply*

I have to conclude that he just can't read. Why else would he insist on me repeating my very clear instructions in a call?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Doom scrolling through Twitter last pm,
    I found a tweet from a club that my rebound passion from the turn of the century was in.

I can't figure out if my ta's are: the fact I looked at the photo's at all, that his photo showed his wedding ring(I heard he has gotten married ages ago) or that I have feelings about it all!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    We had a right chuckle at a friend who recently returned a brand new copy of a book to my husband. He was so apologetic because he thought the book he had been lent was in such a state due to his negligence. We tried to tell him that the book was at least 40 years old and had been in a terrible state when it was lent. He refused to take back the new copy though.

TA today is that NI water is doing work on the road so we've no water for the day. And we forgot to fill any sort of receptacle with water beforehand so all we have is a half glass to do us till 3pm. Really paranoid about not being able to wash my hands right now.

Obviously depends on your accommodation, but in a "normal" house there should be enough water in the tank for hand washing etc, the tank feeds the hot taps , usually the bathroom and the loo. The mains inturn feeds the cold kitchen sink and the tank.

So once you're not going mental flushing the loo and running taps you should be ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭3d4life

Good theory, Princess :D

In my youth, this was the sort of thing that would have me ordered up to the attic to 'check the level in the tank'.

Frequently resulted in disappointment followed by extreme measures :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody returns something that is out of warranty and they’ve broken themselves to a shop and says they are entitled to a refund.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Someone at work: What are you doing this weekend?
    Me: The company that makes my strategy game released a pack for it.
    Herself: But you're a grown man.
    Me: Yes.
    Herself: Who plays videogames?

Sigh....

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Someone at work: What are you doing this weekend?
    Me: The company that makes my strategy game released a pack for it.
    Herself: But you're a grown man.
    Herself: Who plays videogames?

Sigh....

In the pre-Covid days I had that.

“You’re up at 3am to fly for a football match ? I’d never do that!”

Fine. Then don’t!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Gervais08 wrote: »
    In the pre-Covid days I had that.

“You’re up at 3am to fly for a football match ? I’d never do that!”

Fine. Then don’t!!

She listed her hobbies as laundry, nappies and filming her offspring so I'll take my giant virtual rats I think.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Obviously depends on your accommodation, but in a "normal" house there should be enough water in the tank for hand washing etc, the tank feeds the hot taps , usually the bathroom and the loo. The mains inturn feeds the cold kitchen sink and the tank.

So once you're not going mental flushing the loo and running taps you should be ok :)

Ah it'll be grand it's just come back on there now. It's more annoying that we just totally forgot about it and were going about as normal till I went to fill the kettle at lunchtime and there was nothing there. By that stage the attic tank was pretty much empty. Our own stupidity coz the damn card was sitting on the kitchen table to remind us. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

She listed her hobbies as laundry, nappies and filming her offspring so I'll take my giant virtual rats I think.

Pew pew pew to your hearts content my friend!!

• Advertisement

I'd left the room at that point to be honest. It's a conversation that was never destined to lead somewhere good.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Went shopping with the OH today. Saw a beautiful handmade gift that I know my dad would love and I almost bought it. OH reminded me that my parents have treated me like shít this year, and are going to absent themselves for their only granddaughter's first Christmas so that they can spent it in a different country with the family member who essentially ruined my childhood.

So, I put the gift back, and now I'm just TAd in general that I've become a cynic, and a bitter person. I used to love Christmas, and buying them loads of gifts, and for the first time as I put the gift back I found myself saying, "f#ck them". TA I'm no longer the person I used to be.

TL: DR Bah Humbug :)

TA getn fkd over does be giving a person sociopathic tendencies :mad: :( ..... Fk everyone, and let the World burn :rolleyes: :confused:

I concur with the poster above... TA at life me

You was dead right to get them nowt A :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Antares35 wrote: »
    Went shopping with the OH today. Saw a beautiful handmade gift that I know my dad would love and I almost bought it. OH reminded me that my parents have treated me like shít this year, and are going to absent themselves for their only granddaughter's first Christmas so that they can spent it in a different country with the family member who essentially ruined my childhood.

So, I put the gift back, and now I'm just TAd in general that I've become a cynic, and a bitter person. I used to love Christmas, and buying them loads of gifts, and for the first time as I put the gift back I found myself saying, "f#ck them". TA I'm no longer the person I used to be.

TL: DR Bah Humbug :)
    Putting it back was the right call. Spend the money instead on your wife and daughter !

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

TA I could have written @Antare35's post.

TA at 'celebrity' baby names.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What a tangled web we weave :(

Woman in work spent the whole day planning a Christmas party and all day long just non stop talking about, I personally don't think we should be having one. She purposely didn't invite one person because she doesn't like them, which is a sh!tty thing to do. I got great enjoyment telling her I wasn't going, "Aw have you other plans" she said "no, I just don't want to go" I replied. Within seconds she turned completely sour with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

What a tangled web we weave :(

When first we practice to deceive. I know a few like that and have cut them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

This is a bit more than 'trivial', but touch screen technology doesn't recognise my fingers properly. If my phone rings, I almost always miss the call because it takes so many attempts to swipe the stupid green thing on the screen. I can just about scroll through text, but I can't even send a WhatsApp message without a jumbled mess, indecipherable even to autocorrect, until I've corrected it a hundred times. I miss old-fashioned buttons where I could send a text in my pocket or even while driving without looking down.

I'm posting this, like all my other posts, from a laptop. I tweet from a laptop too. Am I the only person who still uses a laptop for non-work purposes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

.anon. wrote: »
    This is a bit more than 'trivial', but touch screen technology doesn't recognise my fingers properly. If my phone rings, I almost always miss the call because it takes so many attempts to swipe the stupid green thing on the screen. I can just about scroll through text, but I can't even send a WhatsApp message without a jumbled mess, indecipherable even to autocorrect, until I've corrected it a hundred times. I miss old-fashioned buttons where I could send a text in my pocket or even while driving without looking down.

I'm posting this, like all my other posts, from a laptop. I tweet from a laptop too. Am I the only person who still uses a laptop for non-work purposes?

I will do one better. I am clumsy with laptop touchpads and smartphones. I still use a desktop pc with a mouse and keyboard,lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement