Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Green bin just blew over. I've spent the last 15 minutes chasing empty Nespresso pods around the back garden in my dressing gown and dog walking boots in the freezing cold and pissings of rain.

It's not even that windy and the bin is almost full. No idea how it blew over.

The most annoying part is that I don't even drink coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

TA I could have written @Antare35's post.

TA at 'celebrity' baby names.

Saw where a model called her baby Mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I was checking out the lineup for the 2021 Longitude Festival in Marlay Park. It should be renamed Mumblerapperfest 2021. I googled pics of some of the acts playing at the festival. Most of them looked like they were possessed by demons. Faces destroyed with garish tattoos and teeth destroyed with metal and fake diamonds. I just thought to myself "Pop music is well and truly dead!" if this is the best that's on offer right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

.anon. wrote: »
    I'm posting this, like all my other posts, from a laptop. I tweet from a laptop too. Am I the only person who still uses a laptop for non-work purposes?

I have separate laptops for work and personal use.

All my evening browsing is done on laptop unless I'm somewhere other than home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A car pulls up at the junction, a van is coming on the main road with ROW. The idiot car driver pulled out wheels spinning even though the van was nearly on top of him, sped past the van with inches between the mirrors even though the car driver had loads of room on his side. Aggressive moron :mad:
    I'll give ye three guesses what kind of car he was driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I must have accidentally unfollowed the TA thread, and when I checked for updates on threads followed, couldn't find it. I genuinely thought the mods were having a laugh hiding the thread from us, and decided not to rise to the bait by starting a new one or asking where it was. Figured they were doing it to TA us.

Rather mortified to admit I've only just realised I unfollowed by mistake. I've spent the past two hours wondering when they'd "put the thread back" and stop TAing us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

.anon. wrote: »
    This is a bit more than 'trivial', but touch screen technology doesn't recognise my fingers properly. If my phone rings, I almost always miss the call because it takes so many attempts to swipe the stupid green thing on the screen. I can just about scroll through text, but I can't even send a WhatsApp message without a jumbled mess, indecipherable even to autocorrect, until I've corrected it a hundred times. I miss old-fashioned buttons where I could send a text in my pocket or even while driving without looking down.

I'm posting this, like all my other posts, from a laptop. I tweet from a laptop too. Am I the only person who still uses a laptop for non-work purposes?

A problem I get sometimes with the laptop can be a TA, I have a Hewlett Packard laptop and for some inexplicable reason the mouse pad just stops working for the night. Usually involves a restart which can be time consuming. Another HP problem I googled about was after a restart the cursor would disappear and you would have to restart again for it to reappear.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Y'know how warm and toasty and unbearably comfortable the bed is on mornings where you have to get up?

My TA is that bed is never even near as heavenly on the mornings where you can sleep in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Y'know how warm and toasty and unbearably comfortable the bed is on mornings where you have to get up?

My TA is that bed is never even near as heavenly on the mornings where you can sleep in.

This!!!

I was up at 8.39 today cos I couldn’t settle and yet the other day my bed was like “never leave me!!” but I had a 9am meeting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Same here. Was torture getting up at 7.15am all week and this morning I'm wide awake before 7.00am and can't get comfortable or toasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I top up my phone I keep my credit with three for my monthly plan.
    I had about €60 credit and may plan expired and I used it all my credit on data.

And me. can't get comfortable, tossing and turning and waking up all night. Then when it is time to get up your bed magically turns into a big fluffy cloud. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I can't stay in bed, I've my alarm set for 6am seven days a week. As soon as the alarm goes off I'm straight out of bed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just put on eyeshadow for the first time in months and my eyes immediately started streaming. I look like Alice Cooper now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Wine gums with 30% less sugar.
    Unfortunately has 100% less taste

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I set up Charmed to download onto the Sky box over the last few weeks as I hadn't had time to sit down and watch them. Decided to start this weekend only to discover that the first 5 episodes were removed and not available to download :mad:

Ffs I thought that once you downloaded a show it would stay on the box until you delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The latest update of the Sky Sports Scores app.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The latest update of the Sky Sports Scores app.

I use Premier League app or Livescore

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The amazon prime app.
    Interface is rubbish and really difficult to use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    The amazon prime app.
    Interface is rubbish and really difficult to use

I can't get to work on my TV anymore.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I need a week away, maybe on the Moon where people don't take any notice, just hang out with some irregular rocks instead.
    I used to take a holiday on the Aran Islands back when the phone reception was pretty close to non-existent.

No calls from work. And no internet and no way to travel back even if they could contact me.

And the pub was next door to the hostel.

TA that I can't do that right now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

PeOpLe WhO tYpE LiKe tHiS. Grrrr :mad:
    ˙SᴉHʇ ǝʞᴉ˥ Ǝd⅄ʇ OɥM ǝ˥dOǝԀ
    Our cat brings in live mice and voles, lets them free in the house and just wanders off, leaving me to deal with it. TAd that I actually had to buy a mouse trap because of the cat.
    Present your the cat with your victims to prove you are a skilled hunter who doesn't need to be fed by it's owner.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I have a cheap weighing scales from Argos. I forget what it cost, maybe around 15 euro

My TA is when I step on first time it goes to an error message. I broke the scales :eek: my life is over!! :(

But then I step off and step on again and it works ok. It's unreliable and a terrible product but it this error message upsets me. Leaves me thinking I can break a weighing scales

Time to toss it in the bin I think
    Did you change the battery ? Or take out the battery overnight.
    Our cat brings in live mice and voles, lets them free in the house and just wanders off, leaving me to deal with it. TAd that I actually had to buy a mouse trap because of the cat.
    Present your the cat with your victims to prove you are a skilled hunter who doesn't need to be fed by it's owner.

TA https://xkcd.com/386/

Probably inspired by the late great Mint Hoogen of the Hoogenstraats. :cool:

Doormats - of the shaggy front door variety.

TA hard to find one without 'Welcome' , or 'Fáilte' on it. Don't want to be encouraging "cold-callers" :mad: If I don't know you're calling, then in all likelihood y'aint "Welcome" :P

Doormats - of the shaggy front door variety.

TA hard to find one without 'Welcome' , or 'Fáilte' on it. Don't want to be encouraging "cold-callers" :mad: If I don't know you're calling, then in all likelihood y'aint "Welcome" :P
    There is a fortune waiting to be made by the inventor of the 'fúck off' doormat :P

TA $ On the days over Christmas, I like to watch movies $

TA at ubiquitous Idris Elba, or "Mister Elber" , as his cockney driver 'Jimmy' calls him :D

He could have just settled for "The Wire" , and "Luther" - 2 quality shows; but no - he had to do a few films (most of the ones I seen average enough) , and some 'reality TV' where I think he did some rallying, and MMA; but even all those would have been ok.

He's only gone on and jumped the shark with that rubbish sitcom what hardly anybody watches, and is never off the TV with them 'Sky' ads - should have quit after his mother was introduced :p

It's like he wants to become a 'British Institution' , or summit - like Lenny "OOOOKAAAAAAAYYYY" Henry :D:D:D

There is a fortune waiting to be made by the inventor of the 'fúck off' doormat :P

:D:D lol - that was funny.... I only write lol, if I actually lol :pac:

Although, TA at rubbish soundproofing so lol's are usually somewhat 'muted' :(

Still counts :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Probably inspired by the late great Mint Hoogen of the Hoogenstraats. :cool:

Worse, the father's surname is a brand of ice cream! Van Leeuwen. I can hear the nicknames already. Poor kid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Trying to apply for child's passport. Ned to print consent form and cover page. Access application, link to consent form broken. Please contact our office..office is closed.

Shíte.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement