Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There is a fortune waiting to be made by the inventor of the 'fúck off' doormat :P

They already exist, and this is just one example:

[NOPARSE]https://www.damngooddoormats.com/search/node/F U C K%20OFF[/NOPARSE]

Remove the spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭blade1

New Home wrote: »
    They already exist, and this is just one example:

[NOPARSE]https://www.damngooddoormats.com/search/node/F U C K%20OFF[/NOPARSE]

Remove the spaces.

There's also this one so people don't think you're a complete grouch :pac:

Screenshot-20201206-123142.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I'll invent a mat with welcome on one side and fúck off on the other.
    You can flip it depending on your mood.
    TA I am cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I need a mat that says "F*ck off I don't want my driveway or gutters cleaned." And a really really bight reflective sign for at night to blind people who keep turning their cars outside the house with full beams on.

spookwoman wrote: »
    I need a mat that says "F*ck off I don't want my driveway or gutters cleaned." And a really really bight reflective sign for at night to blind people who keep turning their cars outside the house with full beams on.
    I'll have it ready for you in five business days. COD? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Have a head cold that has me very much under the weather, but life goes on. Wife is upstairs working on a personal project. Don’t feel like it at all, but I start preparing lunch for me, the kids and her. I ask her if she wants such and such, and she says “yes, that would be lovely”.

When it’s made, I call her to say lunch is ready. She comes down and tells me that she’s actually eaten an hour ago, and she’ll just have a cup of tea. Could have saved me a load of hassle if she’d told me that when I asked! Plus she goes making herself the tea when I already have a cup out for her on the table.

Google buying up everything and slowly but surely taking over the whole internet. Aren't there laws against that sort of carry on?

I remember years ago I was living in an apartment about a mile from my parents. I was due to visit them for Sunday dinner, and decided to have a nap before I headed off. Set an alarm, fell asleep, and then suddenly woke to the alarm going off - I say "woke", but while I could physically move around, I wasn't properly conscious at all.

Whatever brain-wave state I was in, I actually felt like my brain was broken. I remember having to cross a main road at traffic lights, and having to think really, really hard about how to use the pedestrian crossing, what the lights meant, and what way the traffic was moving. In the end it was too much to process, and I had to take the chance that I had got everything right and just went for it. It was really scary. When I got to their house, I could barely talk. Doing anything that required any kind of mental activity was a huge effort. Took about 2 hours for my brain to come back to normal, which was a huge relief.
    Any substances involved? I've had episodes like that when I on the sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Any substances involved? I've had episodes like that when I on the sauce.

No, that’s the weird thing. I’d been out the night before alright, but got up in the morning feeling fine and went about my day. Around 16:30 I felt a bit tired and thought I’d have a nap before I headed down to them at 17:30. Then my brain broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People (women mostly) who do stupid things when the camera comes out, like the peace sign, or sticking out their tongues or making that awful trout pout..followed swiftly by those who superimpose mini mouse ears onto their photos. If you're not 15 it just looks pathetic.

• Advertisement

It is so cold today that the snowman froze his snowballs off. Boom Boom :pac:

Antares35 wrote: »
    People (women mostly) who do stupid things when the camera comes out, like the peace sign, or sticking out their tongues or making that awful trout pout..followed swiftly by those who superimpose mini mouse ears onto their photos. If you're not 15 it just looks pathetic.

:pac:

Antares35, Ya might like this guy Joey...

Does a sterling job of taking the mick outta them idiots :D

He's doing society a service :D

:pac:

Antares35, Ya might like this guy Joey...

Does a sterling job of taking the mick outta them idiots :D

He's doing society a service :D
    :D his style reminds me of Bill Burr.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Google buying up everything and slowly but surely taking over the whole internet. Aren't there laws against that sort of carry on?

I think Amazon are taking over Google .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

It is so cold today that the snowman froze his snowballs off. Boom Boom :pac:

He was able to sing The Snowman?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The ones that are constantly looking for attention and worse when the rags etc indulge them but running their so called stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Snapchat filters are the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

KungPao wrote: »
    Yeah, he was acting weird for a while, now chilling. Rubbish at de-pesting the house. When he finds a big house spider, he just looks at it, gives it a nudge maybe.

Same here, my cat is getting too old to chase anyone, time to get rid. :D:D:D

Only joking of course, I'll have her until she's a hundred. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

One of my housemates has decided they have an issue with my spiders. After knowing about them and saying it was no problem when I moved in.I think they are just projecting their frustration onto me now. They should just have angry sex with each other and be done it it.Leave me and my spiders out of their drama.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When someone says hello to you and they are wearing a hat, heavy coat and facemask.

I have seriously no idea who you are but hello anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Snapchat filters are the worst

I've a friend who has developed an obsession with Instagram. Since she broke up with her boyfriend, she's convinced he's watching her Instagram posts and basically lives vicariously through Instagram, trying to show she's "living her best life" (also TA people who use that phrase). It's got to a point now (well before covid) where she was only really going out with me so she could get a picture of "the gals living their best lives" and put it on Instagram. She wouldn't even ask me. And it didn't matter if I looked like a scalded cat in it, once it was a good one of her.

She wasnt always so vacuous. TA I don't know what happened to her. She's way too old to be obsessing about social media.

Unrelated TA, people who say "across the pond".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I've a friend who has developed an obsession with Instagram. Since she broke up with her boyfriend, she's convinced he's watching her Instagram posts and basically lives vicariously through Instagram, trying to show she's "living her best life" (also TA people who use that phrase). It's got to a point now (well before covid) where she was only really going out with me so she could get a picture of "the gals living their best lives" and put it on Instagram. She wouldn't even ask me. And it didn't matter if I looked like a scalded cat in it, once it was a good one of her.

She wasnt always so vacuous. TA I don't know what happened to her. She's way too old to be obsessing about social media.

Unrelated TA, people who say "across the pond".

TA - eejits who say that about the UK!!!

Other TA - I watched The Pursuit of Happyness before and sobbed like a baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

RTE’s apparent issue with the word “and” in their headlines on their website... two examples from last few days are “Call for citizenship access to be timely, transparent” and “Two held after pills, cannabis seized in Dublin”

What’s so hard about writing “Call for citizenship access to be timely and transparent” and “Two held after pills and cannabis seized in Dublin”. Neither of the original headlines make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA that my flask is absolutely useless at holding in hot drinks. I got sick of making coffee in mugs because it just gets cold too quick (I have to rush it as a result) so I've resorted to using a flask I hadn't used in almost a year. Now I know why. It's not a thermal flask, it's just a really large cup with a lid. I keep meaning to buy a thermal flask and obviously I'm too lazy to do it.

Another TA.

I got an email from our letting agency saying that there will be a boiler service guy coming to our house on the 8th of December between 2pm and 5pm. I emailed them back saying nobody will be here, that any time between 9 and 12 would be ideal. The agency then forwarded that email to the landlord, and then the landlord got back to them saying that WE need to get in contact with the boiler service people to rearrange the time....... I contacted the boiler company and told them this, and then your one on the phone (lovely person by the way) said that there is no way for us to arrange a time because we're only the tenant; the letting agent or landlord has to arrange the time. I already knew it was bollocks before I rang up, I'm annoyed that I'm right and I just wasted my time. Now I need to get the letting to contact the landlord about it and she/he better not respond like a d1ckhead. It's not our job to be organising this sh1te. I'm more annoyed that they never contacted us first to ask us what time suited us best; they just went with "we're going at this time and if you're not home fúck you sort it yourself"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I am relatively warm. My fingers are like blocks of ice but I need them for working.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The Euromillions is capped at €200 million. Why? Because nobody would want more than €200 million? Not that I'm greedy, like. ;)

The extra money goes into the pool for lower tier prizes, which will be nice for somebody.

I'm always TA'd at the people that say : 'It's too much money.' If anybody here wins it and feels it's too much money, I'll be happy to take whatever you think is excessive off your hands.

On a slightly more serious note, I'd give money to family and friends, and donate to charity, but ****'s expensive! I think people who say 'You'd never be able to spend it all', suffer from a lack of imagination and/or a lack of understanding of just how much the super rich spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Thanks
    The Euromillions is capped at €200 million. Why? Because nobody would want more than €200 million? Not that I'm greedy, like. ;)

The extra money goes into the pool for lower tier prizes, which will be nice for somebody.

I'm always TA'd at the people that say : 'It's too much money.' If anybody here wins it and feels it's too much money, I'll be happy to take whatever you think is excessive off your hands.

On a slightly more serious note, I'd give money to family and friends, and donate to charity, but ****'s expensive! I think people who say 'You'd never be able to spend it all', suffer from a lack of imagination and/or a lack of understanding of just how much the super rich spend.

And they’ll always add “ ah yeah, but would you be happy?”

Maybe not, but I’ll be driving around depressed, in a Ferrari.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Thanks

And they’ll always add “ ah yeah, but would you be happy?”

Maybe not, but I’ll be driving around depressed, in a Ferrari.

Missed out on a job I’d gone for and gotten to the last of 5 rounds of interviews. Quite disappointing, it’s a kick in the balls, but whatever...

My TA is that now I get to listen to patronising commiserators for the next couple of weeks telling me “just keep at it you’ll find something”, “What’s for you won’t pass you by” etc etc - I know they’re only trying to help but the incredibly trite platitudes get quite tiresome after a while. Particularly when a lot are coming from older relatives who left school >40 years ago, no college and straight into a job for life - they haven’t the slightest idea of just how competitive things have become...anyway they mean well so I’ll just have to bite my tongue, smile and nod.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I have three houses planned, a jet and a helicopter and cars to get to them.

Donations to the charities I currently give monthly to.

Won’t see much change from 100 million.

Definite lack of ambition in some!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement