Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Missed out on a job I’d gone for and gotten to the last of 5 rounds of interviews. Quite disappointing, it’s a kick in the balls, but whatever...

My TA is that now I get to listen to patronising commiserators for the next couple of weeks telling me “just keep at it you’ll find something”, “What’s for you won’t pass you by” etc etc - I know they’re only trying to help but the incredibly trite platitudes get quite tiresome after a while. Particularly when a lot are coming from older relatives who left school >40 years ago, no college and straight into a job for life - they haven’t the slightest idea of just how competitive things have become...anyway they mean well so I’ll just have to bite my tongue, smile and nod.

This! I know people mean well but let me wallow!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

We ordered an Indian last night from our usual. Got a 1.25L bottle of coke that we noticed the level was a little high on. When we opened it, the “coke” was almost completely flat and was almost certainly an off-brand cola. We did like that takeaway but the trust is gone. What else are they scrimping on? And Indian takeaway isn’t exactly cheap. I feel oddly violated. And how utterly short-sighted of them.

I will ringing them later to let them know we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

We ordered an Indian last night from our usual. Got a 1.25L bottle of coke that we noticed the level was a little high on. When we opened it, the “coke” was almost completely flat and was almost certainly an off-brand cola. We did like that takeaway but the trust is gone. What else are they scrimping on? And Indian takeaway isn’t exactly cheap. I feel oddly violated. And how utterly short-sighted of them.

I will ringing them later to let them know we know.

It would be awful if that take away got an unexpected visit from the food safety authority.

It would be awful if that take away got an unexpected visit from the food safety authority.

Well, you’d have to wonder what else is being scrimped on. It goes without saying that we won’t ever order from them again. I have leftovers from that takeaway that I don’t even want to eat now. But, yeah, I think I’ll report them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Well, you’d have to wonder what else is being scrimped on. It goes without saying that we won’t ever order from them again. I have leftovers from that takeaway that I don’t even want to eat now. But, yeah, I think I’ll report them too.

Was that through Justeat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Missed out on a job I’d gone for and gotten to the last of 5 rounds of interviews. Quite disappointing, it’s a kick in the balls, but whatever...

My TA is that now I get to listen to patronising commiserators for the next couple of weeks telling me “just keep at it you’ll find something”, “What’s for you won’t pass you by” etc etc - I know they’re only trying to help but the incredibly trite platitudes get quite tiresome after a while. Particularly when a lot are coming from older relatives who left school >40 years ago, no college and straight into a job for life - they haven’t the slightest idea of just how competitive things have become...anyway they mean well so I’ll just have to bite my tongue, smile and nod.

I get round this by telling the bare minimum of people I have an interview. Nothing worse than all those comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Takeaway tastes nicer when ordered directly from the premises. I avoid Just Eat, QIQ etc

Yes, though I’m not seeing the relevance. The bottle was clearly tampered with. I know Just Eat gets a cut but if a takeaway resents that, they shouldn’t take it out on the customer.

Yes, though I’m not seeing the relevance. The bottle was clearly tampered with. I know Just Eat gets a cut but if a takeaway resents that, they shouldn’t take it out on the customer.

i was trying to be helpful. If you get onto their chat and explain the situation you might get a refund or a voucher off them. They are usually nice to deal with.

i was trying to be helpful. If you get onto their chat and explain the situation you might get a refund or a voucher off them. They are usually nice to deal with.

Right, sorry. I got pissed off at the idea that the way I ordered might be a factor in what I received. :)

I know we don’t see how the sausage is made with restaurants and takeaways but for a place to be so blatant is galling. Total contempt for their customers and not even hiding it.

• Advertisement

Right, sorry. I got pissed off at the idea that the way I ordered might be a factor in what I received. :)

I know we don’t see how the sausage is made with restaurants and takeaways but for a place to be so blatant is galling. Total contempt for their customers and not even hiding it.

I tried to order a take away one night and they had up on the screen it was on its way, I rang the restaurant and they said yeah he is on the way. Food never arrived, I was afraid I would fall asleep and miss it. Got onto the chat function and got my money back. Yours isn't as bad but they should deal with it accordingly. Sounds like one for the Stinge thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

That reminds me of a TA of mine. The local pizza place has 2 branches both fairly nearby to my house. One is clearly closer to me though than the other. If I go to their own website and put in my postcode, it forces me to get delivery from the further away branch whose staff are just bad at making the food. There's always a problem and it takes much longer. I can't select which store I want to get the delivery from.

Which forces me to use JustEat who does let me choose which store it comes from.

And I don't wanna call them to order.

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The Euromillions is capped at €200 million. Why? Because nobody would want more than €200 million? Not that I'm greedy, like. ;)

The extra money goes into the pool for lower tier prizes, which will be nice for somebody.

I'm always TA'd at the people that say : 'It's too much money.' If anybody here wins it and feels it's too much money, I'll be happy to take whatever you think is excessive off your hands.

On a slightly more serious note, I'd give money to family and friends, and donate to charity, but ****'s expensive! I think people who say 'You'd never be able to spend it all', suffer from a lack of imagination and/or a lack of understanding of just how much the super rich spend.

If ii won i would so look after the people who looked after me. And St Vincent De Paul would begetting a good lump sum. They have helped me out so many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Reminded of a takeaway TA, our "local" pizza place won't deliver to us at the weekends because we are "too far out" even though we are ten minutes away by car, because we aren't in an estate they're just like "computer says no". They don't mind delivering on a non premium night though, like a Monday. Suddenly the house is near enough then. F#ckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I can't get food delivered but I'm "too far away" and also don't like my car smelling like take away so a bit of a catch 22

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Annoying in-laws :mad:

Suppose in fairness you should really blame the family member who marries them and brings the pox upon your house :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Realising that the Dishwasher has been full for almost a day and never turned on.

Textbook error.

I also hate the smell and texture of warm disherwashed ( best verb ever ) plates and other dinnerware. It feels like I cheated on my human existence a little.

I know, I know , a few meticulously washed plates, but it is the minutia that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA when you're pointing out/explaining something to someone that's obvious, its right in front of them, but then you feel patronising for explaining even though they should know themselves.

Brings me back to my customer service days where I'd tell people ''batteries not included, it says it just here'' because they hadnt bothered to look at the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Spending an hour putting the little one to sleep, then OH insists on walking around the bedroom in his noisy slippers saying goodnight first to me, then around to say goodnight to the baby, then goodnight to the dog.

Need to enforce the "if you wake her, you take her" rule a bit more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The fecking dog attacked the coal bucket while I was out. Chewed up coal covered in dog spit all over the place. I think the local dog pound saw me coming when I rescued that lad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Someone doing what I would call an aggressive poo in the cubicle next to me. Jesus Christ man you're not involved in a wrestling match! Ugh

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

madmaggie wrote: »
    The fecking dog attacked the coal bucket while I was out. Chewed up coal covered in dog spit all over the place. I think the local dog pound saw me coming when I rescued that lad.
    Well, well, well, Ms. De Ville... didn't you stop and think that maybe the poor dog was trying to hide from you? Your obsession for white spotted fur has gotten out of hand.
    Someone doing what I would call an aggressive poo in the cubicle next to me. Jesus Christ man you're not involved in a wrestling match! Ugh
    Weetabix. Suggest it to them when they're washing their hands. I'm sure it'll go down well. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

For some reason, when people tell you they're going to be somewhere at a certain time, you have to multiply that by something to get the real time.

For example;

"I'll be there in 10 minutes" = "I'll be there in 45 minutes"
    "I'll be there Friday" = "I'll be there Tuesday"
    "I'll ring you back at 3" = "You have to ring me tomorrow"

The reason I'm TA'd at this is because this boiler service guy is due to be here between 10am and 1pm, and I have to leave for work at 2pm, and I swear to Christ, if he comes here at half past 1, I'm telling him to come back another time.

I am not catering for people's procrastination when I have to actually be somewhere on time and actually COMMIT TO BEING THERE on time.

I understand I'm jumping the gun; but this happens (A LOT!!!) and I won't be surprised if he comes late. He has been made aware that I'm leaving at 2, but he better not get here in the nick of time and leave in the nick of time - fúcks up my routine as a result.

Also - and I hate mentioning it because it's tiresome nowadays - but the single-parent, anti-vaccine crowd giving their "expertise" on how they think the vaccine is a rushjob.

IT'S NOT A RUSH-JOB, IT'S JUST TOP PRIORITY! And to all those who say "I won't be a guinea pig for this", you aren't being strapped down against your will, but if you refuse to get a vaccination, and you're vulnerable to getting ill, stay the hell away from me.

I'm actually TA'd that I even came back to edit my original post to mention this - I don't like talking about it.

My bike chain keeps falling off whenever I'm on a certain gear and I'm frustrated that there are about 50 different reasons it happens and I haven't a notion as to what is causing this issue. The teeth on the chain "grabber" (w/e it's called) looks fine, yet it makes a noise as if it's in the middle of trying to change gears when I'm at the highest gear possible. I dunno, a trip to Halfords might solve my issue.........

My wage is inconsistently sent to me - sometimes it's a Wednesday, sometimes it's a Friday, sometimes even Tuesday - I'm TA'd that I kinda need this wage to come in so that I can go get a haircut that I've been desperately needing for about 3 months at this stage, and it won't hurry on and come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

New Home wrote:
    Weetabix. Suggest it to them when they're washing their hands. I'm sure it'll go down well.

It would want to go down well and come out the other side with ease ugh

All the new crop of young (and young-ish) RTE news correspondents seem to have had their personalities surgically removed.
    They are so grey and boring and uniform, just like replicants from a factory line.

Whenever they have to do a report on Santa and his flight path or something like that, it is cringeworthy because they have no idea how to be fun or frivolous, they come across as being really uncomfortable and pastonising to the kids.
    Being light-hearted just does not compute for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

All the new crop of young (and young-ish) RTE news correspondents seem to have had their personalities surgically removed.
    They are so grey and boring and uniform, just like replicants from a factory line.

Whenever they have to do a report on Santa and his flight path or something like that, it is cringeworthy because they have no idea how to be fun or frivolous, they come across as being really uncomfortable and pastonising to the kids.

This is what happened the last time an RTE newsreader tried to be fun or frivolous about Santa:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

TA having 'stories' about Santa on the News of the state broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Sardonicat wrote: »
    TA having 'stories' about Santa on the News of the state broadcast.

Think it was on Claire Byrne I heard them talking about how santa doesn't need to isolate or a vaccine because he's immune, ffs

This is what happened the last time an RTE newsreader tried to be fun or frivolous about Santa:

:P Ah he-or! Don was strictly off the clock there.
    It was a bit Mike Murphy did for him because he had always wanted to be a stand-up comedian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Madam A from my last year, used to roll her eyes if it even looked like I was going to speak and sighed loudly if I did.

Only now finding out there is an issue with the fee's structure for OTJ training, she is rightly complaining about it, rallying the troops with exactly the same comments I would make in that sit.

This annoys me cause if it was my idea she would be ultra rolleyeyed and signing every nanosecond.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement