Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA i feel like im heavier than ive ever been, i know it and im taking regular exercise to handle it. but i got a shiitty joke/ comment about it last week, when i wasnt in the headspace to laugh about it. feels crap that others are noticing my ''bit of a belly'' as they put it. but i shook it off. im taking it all as motivation to shake the weight off too.

i think sometimes when you have certain negative thought patterns in your head and you hear them vocalised by others i.e my weight, it makes it real and ''confirms'' that you're crap, fat, worthless etc. but now i also feel kinda relieved that its been acknowledged that ive gained a bit of weight. truth setting you free kinda thing, but first it'll piss you off.

also someone brought pringles into the house and we all know how that ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at a note I saw in a staffroom that said "tea/coffee money due please" and then I looked over at the jar of coffee... Bellarom Gold.

Miserable f*cks in here honest to christ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Stupid couple in Aldi earlier doing their Santa shopping in the middle aisle, him without a mask, her with a mask around her neck. In their haste to "ah jaysis would ye lookit the kitchen set" practically knocked me over, leaving mere inches between us. Fúckin neanderthals. People like that should be vaccinated first so they're not a hazard to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,638 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Antares35 wrote: »
    Stupid couple in Aldi earlier doing their Santa shopping in the middle aisle, him without a mask, her with a mask around her neck. In their haste to "ah jaysis would ye lookit the kitchen set" practically knocked me over, leaving mere inches between us. Fúckin neanderthals. People like that should be vaccinated first so they're not a hazard to everyone else.

Vaccinated and neutered I think!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,638 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Crap Christmas Songs.

Was doing my food shopping. They had Christmas music pumped to the speakers. Ok, if is was halfway decent. But it honestly sounded like a song someone would make up on the spot. Words thrown in just because they rhymed. It made me laugh it was so bad. So I suppose you could say I enjoyed it?

I have no idea what the song was. But if I hear it again I will take note of the lyrics.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

The blonde waitress on First Dates Ireland.
    I feel like yanking her stupid plait and swinging her round the room by it then slamming her smug face into an unsuspecting couples dinner.

On the topic of dates, people who high five each other make me cringe. I was just watching an episode and the guy said to the girl " gimme some knuckles!' and they first pumped. Double cringe. I would honestly be turned off even the hottest guy if he did that or if he said..gimme some skin! No...just no.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Porklife wrote: »
    The blonde waitress on First Dates Ireland.
    I feel like yanking her stupid plait and swinging her round the room by it then slamming her smug face into an unsuspecting couples dinner.

She gorgeous! TAd I'm not that dinner.

She gorgeous! TAd I'm not that dinner.

Lol yeah she is but she's so irritating!! There's just something about that stupid loose plait and a certain smugness to her I don't like.

TA pistachio nuts that are sealed so tight you'd need a hammer to open it!

Trying to spread real butter the last few mornings and ending up with holes in my bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I called my GP surgery earlier to check on my appointment time for tomorrow.
    After an age..the phone was answered.

“Good morning, Doctor Frankenstein’s Surgery, how can I help?”
    “Hi, Fred Eisenberg here, I need to check my appointment time for tomorrow please”
    “Of course, and what’s the name, and date of birth?”
    “Fred Eisenberg, June 4th, 1922”
    “And what time is the appointment for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When you go into a shop and you've to pick up the bottle of sanitizer to use it, just install a dispenser

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Trying to spread real butter the last few mornings and ending up with holes in my bread.
    Grate the butter onto it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

PsychoPete wrote: »
    When you go into a shop and you've to pick up the bottle of sanitizer to use it, just install a dispenser

1 sanitizing station for trolley and hands :mad: Always get someone with OCD or someone just taking their time wiping everything down and usually holding a conversation with the other person with them, completely oblivious to the world around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

Deli that’s don’t have an ineffective method of toasting a wrap/sandwich or roll.

**** sake

Yeah here is your “toasted sandwich” with the cheese unmelted, the meat cold and the bread not even warm.

**** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Annual reviews. Have mine this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Green bin just blew over. I've spent the last 15 minutes chasing empty Nespresso pods around the back garden in my dressing gown and dog walking boots in the freezing cold and pissings of rain.

It's not even that windy and the bin is almost full. No idea how it blew over.

The most annoying part is that I don't even drink coffee.

Found four more pods while I was out filling my bird feeders earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That made me remember this :D

Bag of Tesco high fibre nuts...delightful.
    Tear here..... well alright then....que me reefing at the plastic furiously before calming down and trying again.....tear here...what am I Hulk Hogan!
    **** you nuts, you've stood in my way long enough, I'm ordering a takeaway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

There's no sense nor meaning to the driving antics going on. One guy broke a red light that was red for ages onto oncoming traffic then another idiot drove down a one way street towards me the wrong way without slowing down and then drove onto another street the wrong way. All this in torrential rain? It's worse now than it ever was.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Them: pass me that yoke over there

*waves hand in a general direction where several different items are located

Me: this?

Them: no! That yoke

*still not pointing at anything specific

Me: oh that

Them: no, FFS I'll just get it myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

There's a website called Irishify.
    You can pay to get Irish "celebrities" to give shout outs, which is cringe worthy enough, but the actors who played Eoin McLove, Father Damo and Father Stone are there, in full costume, trying to drum up business.

I get that Fr. Ted is a cultural icon, but come on lads, ye were one off characters in a TV show nearly 25 years ago. Have ye not done anything else of note in the last two decades??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

There's a friend of my parents, well more of an acquaintance that they never see, who insists on sending a Christmas card every year with an update on all their family tragedies. It would appear to literally be the only communication she sends within a year.

Happy Christmas, hope you and the family are well (I don't even remember your husband and kids names). Well my sister died in April and then my husband was diagnosed with a horrible disease in August and I'm not too good myself and also our neighbour died screaming and I've a purple elbow anyway happy new year.

And that's it. Like an annual fúcking dose of misery. Parents are away and I've managed to intercept the annual obituary this year. Very, very tempted to return a STFU card to this misery merchant on their behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

In one of the schools I'm currently cleaning, some of the kids have put up Santa letters detailing that they've been good, why they've been good, and what Christmas presents they want to get this year. Some were cute and innocent enough (a new jumper, a scooter, a nintendo switch) but some of them are outrageous, and this is where my TA comes in.

One of them wrote;
    "For Christmas this year, I would like a PS5, a Nintendo Switch, an iPad, a stunt scooter, and for my teacher to have a healthy Christmas"

I understand they're kids and all that but I would be fierce pissed off if that child unwrapped a switch and a scooter but moaned he didn't get a PS5 or an iPad as well. TA at spoilt brats.

HUMBUG. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Sardonicat wrote: »
    TA having 'stories' about Santa on the News of the state broadcast.

Coverage of a murder court case followed by Elf News or some shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

On the christmas presents TA: my mother is desperately trying to get a PS5 for my brother this christmas. 'How sweet' you might think, 'what a lovely dedicated mother'.
    But no no, let me rephrase that, my 62 year old mother is desperately trying to get a PS5 for my 35 year old brother for christmas. The brother who sits in his room all day like a hermit, no job, no lovelife, no aspirations, no social life, no motivation for anything at all. I haven't asked her whether he's contributing to the PS5 at all because I actually think I would lose the plot with her if she said no. I've refused to help her look for one because I think it's beyond a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Coverage of a murder court case followed by Elf News or some shyte.

They had to stop combining those stories:

"Eight-year-old children are left traumatised after primary school staged ‘elf murder’ crime scene for writing exercise"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6463737/Children-8-traumatised-school-stages-elf-murder.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Think I'm due one in January.

Boss: "What's your self-improvement plan for this year?"
    Me: "Well, I don't know how much longer I can legally live in this country and the charity funding us is making deep cuts so thinking beyond that seems pointless".

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    On the christmas presents TA: my mother is desperately trying to get a PS5 for my brother this christmas. 'How sweet' you might think, 'what a lovely dedicated mother'.
    But no no, let me rephrase that, my 62 year old mother is desperately trying to get a PS5 for my 35 year old brother for christmas. The brother who sits in his room all day like a hermit, no job, no lovelife, no aspirations, no social life, no motivation for anything at all. I haven't asked her whether he's contributing to the PS5 at all because I actually think I would lose the plot with her if she said no. I've refused to help her look for one because I think it's beyond a joke.

Is he her favorite child?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Think I'm due one in January.

Boss: "What's your self-improvement plan for this year?"
    Me: "Well, I don't know how much longer I can legally live in this country and the charity funding us is making deep cuts so thinking beyond that seems pointless".
    'Where do you see yourself in 10 years?'
    'Running the joint and asking you the same question :p'

• Advertisement

Antares35 wrote: »
    There's a friend of my parents, well more of an acquaintance that they never see, who insists on sending a Christmas card every year with an update on all their family tragedies. It would appear to literally be the only communication she sends within a year.

Happy Christmas, hope you and the family are well (I don't even remember your husband and kids names). Well my sister died in April and then my husband was diagnosed with a horrible disease in August and I'm not too good myself and also our neighbour died screaming and I've a purple elbow anyway happy new year.

And that's it. Like an annual fúcking dose of misery. Parents are away and I've managed to intercept the annual obituary this year. Very, very tempted to return a STFU card to this misery merchant on their behalf.

Haha...I have an auntie who is exactly like this. She lives in a small rural town and stands at the window peeping through the curtains commenting on every passerby. There goes Paddy McManus..drunk again no doubt, you know his wife ran off to England and he hasn't left the pub since. Oh look at Bridy there with a new coat, it's a wonder she has time to go clothes shopping with all her gentleman callers, you know her husband was a gambler who ran off with her sister. It's never good news either like there goes Mary and her husband, what a lovely couple, must send them a nice Christmas card! You can't swing a cat for all the misery in her house. Worst part is she's first to mass every Sunday smiling and waving to all and sundry....oh hello Bridy, love the coat, is it new?

TA hypocrites and double ta if they're religious hypocrites who think they're going straight to the pearly gates beaming like sacred virgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement