Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The new WLTP based VRT rates are putting some serious increases on new cars. A 2021 model of my one will go up about 7 grand due to tax increases :eek:

A smaller car I was thinking about will go up about 1600 :(

Government TA....wait til they try to get all this covid spending back

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Folks if you have an issue with a specific thread posting here is not the correct thing to do. It derails the thread and drags it off topic

Specific issues with a thread can be addressed in the Help Desk or by PMing a forum mod so we can discuss them.

I would also remind people that TAing other people's TAs is not permitted as per the OP, can we please refrain from this. Sanctions will have to follow if this can not be adhered to.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TA with myself for being too helpful. "Oh we'll ring Maggie, she'll know what to do". Feck off and don't be annoying me

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Waiting for a password change e-mail for like an hour from one of our finest retailers' websites/customer service :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Would this still apply even if I'm not a resident in the state? I live in Belfast but the house is in Tipperary.

In any case, thanks for the advice and I'll keep it in mind but hopefully this won't become an issue for many many years yet!

Oh you are going into another territory there :D

There's so many rules around resident, ordinary resident etc. Though that's usually with income. Inheritance is handled differently.

The cop out answer but the only realistic one is get professional advice at the time, alot of solicitors would have tax knowledge, so the one handling the estate should be able to point you in the right direction. Plus no guarantee that the rules will be the same when the time comes :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

'Where do you see yourself in 10 years?'
    'Running the joint and asking you the same question :p'

I changed my job this year and can now legitimately think of an answer to that question rather than with my old boss which would be “either in your job if I get away with it or looking forward to release from the Dochas if not”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

On hold, the machine just told me my place in queue is "sikth". I hate that pronunciation of sixth. Sorry, I'm TAd by it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

After writing out a long response to a post. Having to delete it due to being too catty. I'm my worst critic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Getting through to a real "computer says no" type who just will not help. Might as well be talking to the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Changing bedclothes, I discovered a hole in a duvet cover, in the middle of the top edge. This is around where my chin would be, so I have to conclude that my beard is so abrasive, it wears holes in fabrics.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Correspondent on BBC news talking about the Brexit deal. 'britain' will review the deal and then 'we' will decide whether we want to take it or not.
    'Britain' will review my bum. :rolleyes:
    A tiny handful of elite britons who are completely detached from normality will be making all the decisions.

Speaking of... someone was giving out about RTE news staff all sounding very upper class dub, listen to BBC news it is way worse. They must roll em off an assembly line in Eton or sumething.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Pre Christmas exhaustion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I work in a Nursing Home, admittedly not on the front line but I've noticed the gifts starting to come in and without exception they're boxes of sweets. Nothing else.

People please put some fcuking thought into gifts for the staff that are wiping **** from your loved ones arses.

Especially now that these same boxes of sweets are for sale in Tesco's for 3.99. It's an insult really.

One family member did ask me for ideas and I suggested some nice hand cream because everyone's hands are in bits from the hand sanitiser. Haven't seen any appear yet so can only presume it must cost more than 3.99 so they can't be bothered!

Also TA, I've a spot on the end of my nose that won't clear up because the mask keeps irritating it.

Another one I just thought off. I love living alone cause I cherish my peace and quiet but sometimes when I'm knackered I'd just love someone to say "wanna cuppa tea?".

pinkyeye wrote: »
    I work in a Nursing Home, admittedly not on the front line but I've noticed the gifts starting to come in and without exception they're boxes of sweets. Nothing else.

People please put some fcuking thought into gifts for the staff that are wiping **** from your loved ones arses.

Especially now that these same boxes of sweets are for sale in Tesco's for 3.99. It's an insult really.

One family member did ask me for ideas and I suggested some nice hand cream because everyone's hands are in bits from the hand sanitiser. Haven't seen any appear yet so can only presume it must cost more than 3.99 so they can't be bothered!

Also TA, I've a spot on the end of my nose that won't clear up because the mask keeps irritating it.

Off topic slightly but I’m going to send up some gifts for the people in my Dad’s place who looked after him before he passed away - I have so far talcs and hand creams.

Bless you for what you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

People that put “fella” at the end of a sentence (if they are talking to a man)...just stop please....

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Having an MRI and when it's over the button to release 'me' or the 'gurney' or whatever gets stuck for 5 mins. I'm not claustrophobic, in fact I like the MRI for an aul nap but I'm glad it was only as far as my neck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Off topic slightly but I’m going to send up some gifts for the people in my Dad’s place who looked after him before he passed away - I have so far talcs and hand creams.

If there were any staff he had a particular relationship with or any that you saw going the extra mile a short letter of appreciation in a card addressed specifically to them would mean the world. Care work, by its nature, is often unwitnessed and under appreciated. Its lovely when people notice the extra effort you put in. 10 years after I finished working in a hospital as a HCA I was stopped and thanked and hugged most sincerely by a woman who's father I had cared for when he was dying. It meant so much to me. Not only that she appreciated me but it reassured me that the way I cared for that man helped make his last days a bit more durable, and not just him but others too, who wouldn't have been able to communicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Another one I just thought off. I love living alone cause I cherish my peace and quiet but sometimes when I'm knackered I'd just love someone to say "wanna cuppa tea?".

Yeah, it would be nice from time to time. I live with 4 people (in all fairness two are only 7 years old) and no-one offers me tea.

Gervais08 wrote: »

And thank you, just don't send sweets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA when you've loads of tabs open and one of them is a document you've scrolled quite a bit down to read, like 56 pages deep.... you leave it for a while to go to another tab... then go back to find it auto refreshed and you have to scroll all the way down the fuucker again to get to pg56.TA

And thank you, just don't send sweets!

Oh good - it’s Halloween again and I get to keep the sweets!!!!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    If there were any staff he had a particular relationship with or any that you saw going the extra mile a short letter of appreciation in a card addressed specifically to them would mean the world. Care work, by its nature, is often unwitnessed and under appreciated. Its lovely when people notice the extra effort you put in. 10 years after I finished working in a hospital as a HCA I was stopped and thanked and hugged most sincerely by a woman who's father I had cared for when he was dying. It meant so much to me. Not only that she appreciated me but it reassured me that the way I cared for that man helped make his last days a bit more durable, and not just him but others too, who wouldn't have been able to communicate.

Yeah he was not great with his dementia at times but there was one lad and they used to wind each other up about soccer - in a lovely banter way! I’ll send him a card for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

BBC have a promo for their Christmas schedule. It looks fecking awful: Mrs Brown, Michael MacIntyre, Romesh Ranganathan.
    You couldn't pay me to watch that crowd.
    TA that terrestrial xmas tv has just dropped off a cliff quality-wise this last few years.

BBC have a promo for their Christmas schedule. It looks fecking awful: Mrs Brown, Michael MacIntyre, Romesh Ranganathan.
    You couldn't pay me to watch that crowd.
    TA that terrestrial xmas tv has just dropped off a cliff quality-wise this last few years.

RR has compromising photos of someone high up in TV, it’s the only possible explanation - he has all the comedic ability of my slipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Since March I've only shopped in dunnes for groceries.

The lidl near me is absolutely tiny, can hardly fit a trolley in the aisles, so not a hope of social distance. Anyway I had to go somewhere yesterday where I knew there was a big lidl and I say to himself ,"is there anything you want from lidl", no is his reply.

So today he goes, I think we (as in me) should make a chocolate biscuit cake for Christmas......ffs you know I always use lidl biscuits and chocolate for that, could you not have had the lightbulb moment 24 hrs earlier?

(Sending him to do the shop won't work either as he can't drive and not a hope he's walk it, ffs )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Popped down to the post office to get a stamp. A 50 m queue outside of it.
    No machine selling stamps.
    FFS. Have to go back later now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Changed queue in Super Valu earlier - always backfires. Got stuck behind a woman who spent a few minutes searching app for voucher points (without success) and then couldn't remember PIN on two cards before paying with cash. The cashier beside me got through five people during the same time I was waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People/Companies who apologise to easily!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement