Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

School WhatsApp “groups”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Fupping sinus headache! My face feels like it's going to explode!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Changed queue in Super Valu earlier - always backfires. Got stuck behind a woman who spent a few minutes searching app for voucher points (without success) and then couldn't remember PIN on two cards before paying with cash. The cashier beside me got through five people during the same time I was waiting.

Nothing more annoying.....well actually,as annoying as the people who load up their stuff on to the LiDL trolley belt,are still loading when the cashier starts putting their stuff through the register,and don’t have the niceness (or whatever the word is) to let me(with my three small items) to go ahead of them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

:DAmerican Sitcoms,where the wifes husband is another child.
    Everybody Loves Raymond springs to mind.

How could you find somebody that wet attractive.

I had another one and no i cant remember it.TA for getting old:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My team is having an SD get together lunch, Mr 'take me as I am, if you have a problem with me, get over it' has walked out bc our hard of hearing colleague is talking/laughing too loudly and is embarrassing him.

TA shes upset and he'll be doing the rounds complaining to others about her.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭stopthevoting

I got superglue on my fingers when I was fixing something earlier, and now I have to enter the pin to use my phone as it doesn't recognise my fingerprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Nevin Maguire again!
    He seems incapable of pronouncing anything with a “T” towards the end of the word. The other night he was making some sort of noodle dish which he tried to describe as a broth, but said it with a very soft T, most annoying. Nevin, you’re on Telly, put your phone voice on ffs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Popped down to the post office to get a stamp. A 50 m queue outside of it.
    No machine selling stamps.
    FFS. Have to go back later now

Still a massive queue at 3pm.

All I want is a stamp ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Still a massive queue at 3pm.

All I want is a stamp ;(

No local shops near you like a Centra / Spar that sell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Very very few shops sell stamps anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

reCAPTCHA :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I rarely go into shops.

Is there some event on Friday that make post offices busier than normal? Will try again in the morning but 3 attempt to buy a stamp tells me all I need to know as to why An Post will not be surviving in the long term

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

The way people dress for the previous day's weather and not the current day's weather

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Nevin Maguire again!
    He seems incapable of pronouncing anything with a “T” towards the end of the word. The other night he was making some sort of noodle dish which he tried to describe as a broth, but said it with a very soft T, most annoying. Nevin, you’re on Telly, put your phone voice on ffs.

He has a restrunt so he has

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

School WhatsApp “groups”.

Mute it :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

There was only one crunchie in the fridge

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

In a pub with lax enough rules regarding the need to have food with your pint. Ordered a pizza anyway as I was hungry. GF said she was fine and didn't want anything.

Yet she ate 6/10s of the damn thing. Raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Broccoli in teeth

Mute it :)

Yeah, that’s fine for the “parents only” ones but I’m in a pre-school one where the teachers send photos and important information.

I’ll never understand the need for some to reply to a questions of ‘who’s is this?’ with ‘that’s not little Johnny’s’. There’s no need to reply if the item doesn’t belong to your kid.

Then you get the thumbs up, hearts, smiley face emojis along with inane statements of “hilarity”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Yeah, that’s fine for the “parents only” ones but I’m in a pre-school one where the teachers send photos and important information.

I’ll never understand the need for some to reply to a questions of ‘who’s is this?’ with ‘that’s not little Johnny’s’. There’s no need to reply if the item doesn’t belong to your kid.

Then you get the thumbs up, hearts, smiley face emojis along with inane statements of “hilarity”.

I'm TA'd that more organisations don't use WhatsApp Broadcast rather than Groups. Broadcast prevents getting all the random responses that are generated in Groups.

• Advertisement

Speedsie wrote: »
    I'm TA'd that more organisations don't use WhatsApp Broadcast rather than Groups. Broadcast prevents getting all the random responses that are generated in Groups.

One of the other kids had a setup like that, they’d open it up for “responses” when they were required.

Managed to avoid the school groups up until this week. Had to “give in” due to one of the parents arranging a present for the teacher. Would have felt a bit bad dodging that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

a service for people with ASD/autism/Asperger's (not naming them), that frequently changes their client's appointment days/times a lot and with short notice. As many people know people on the spectrum hate change and can get upset about it!

I have a friend on Facebook (who's also a client of them), who has had her day changed 3 times, she's doesn't know if she's coming or going so I told her to contact her keyworker on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

When people leave empty After Eight wrappers or 'sleeves' in the box. Looking for the last few becomes a search mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

The way Irish women pronounce data as "dada" in American accents in multiple radio and TV commercials airing at the moment.

Also, an unintentionally funny moment in the recent Famine doc on RTE where a teenage Irish girl speaks Irish in an American accent had me raising my eyebrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When Sunshine FM are playing their sport section there's a recorded introduction from some wan and she says "spaut" - like a stupid fake English accent and the R has just vanished. Why?

Also, the phrase "played a blinder" in particular in an office or other sedentary setting that doesn't involve sports!

People who, when they are shocked by something, instead of being shocked or saying something like "gosh that's shocking" say, "I... Just... can't", or when something is really cute they "cant cope with" the cuteness.

Then the old reliable misuse of the word "literally" - "I literally died laughing" - when it is, literally the only word we have to actually tell us that you are being literal, and that what you are recounting actually took place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Antares35 wrote: »
    When Sunshine FM are playing their sport section there's a recorded introduction from some wan and she says "spaut" - like a stupid fake English accent and the R has just vanished. Why?

Also, the phrase "played a blinder" in particular in an office or other sedentary setting that doesn't involve sports!

People who, when they are shocked by something, instead of being shocked or saying something like "gosh that's shocking" say, "I... Just... can't", or when something is really cute they "cant cope with" the cuteness.

Then the old reliable misuse of the word "literally" - "I literally died laughing" - when it is, literally the only word we have to actually tell us that you are being literal.

Are you me ??? All that gets on my wick big time!!!

The way Irish women pronounce data as "dada" in American accents in multiple radio and TV commercials airing at the moment.

Also, an unintentionally funny moment in the recent Famine doc on RTE where a teenage Irish girl speaks Irish in an American accent had me raising my eyebrows.

Day-da :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Maybe it's a regional thing where I live but the amount of times I hear people saying see you later pronounced "see you lay-der" is driving me nuts.

Maybe it's a regional thing where I live but the amount of times I hear people saying see you later pronounced "see you lay-der" is driving me nuts.

American accent has been seeping in here for a good two decades I think. It's rife among the young, especially the ones from more affluent backgrounds.

I find myself removing batteries from any of my kid's toys that have recorded tunes, voices etc because without a doubt they will be some hybrid Chinese/ American accent.

The lowest point was when her keyboard belted out "maybe you, could be-ee a purple monkey in a bubblegum tree-ee" - just don't want her listening to that shíte. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Antares35 wrote: »

Funnily enough, if that's the same thing I'm thinking of, it's used in a lot of radio stations abroad, too, but not for the sport section, it's used to indicate the start of the ads (spot). Who knows what it was originally supposed to be user for...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement