Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Archeron wrote: »
    so why the **** are you saying no experience necessary??

This +1 million, its really disheartening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Antares35 wrote: »
    There was a letter for me in the postbox, with no address, just my name so I knew it had been hand delivered. I was really happy about it and delayed opening it, knowing it was from OH. We'd had a conversation a while ago about the importance of us him making small gestures and generally being thoughtful. I couldn't wait to see what it was - maybe a plan for us to go somewhere when the pandemic eases, or some nice pictures of us, or even just a letter.

Pretended there was no post when I came back inside. I didn't want an audience when I opened his letter. He didn't seem to mind, clearly playing it cool.

Eventually couldn't hold off any more and opened it up.

It was a letter from my neighbour (who appears to have lost the plot) welcoming me to the neighbourhood - that I moved to over 2 decades ago.

Multiple TAs now - that I am so naïve and just assumed the letter was from him, that I am ungrateful in the face of receiving at least a lovely letter from someone during these difficult times, but mostly that I woke up in fine form and am now annoyed with OH for not being the sender - he literally had to do nothing to annoy me :p (and I can't even tell him why I am annoyed or explain what he hasn't done)

I'm so sorry, but this made me piss myself laughing. :D

That f*cking 'perf with surf' ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,162 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That f*cking 'perf with surf' ad!

Is that Dani Dyer?

To thine own self be true

Is that Dani Dyer?

Is it? I haven't a clue. My first thought was no, it's not a guy. Then I remembered that he has a daughter with the same name but I have no clue what she looks like so maybe it is. Whoever it is, she's unbearably annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I got up early q'ed and got into the large dunnes, NO spelt pasta!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bought some salted peanuts to roast, so I rinsed the hell out of them and left them in the colander to drip dry. I told him that I was off to have breakfast and to leave the nuts to drain till I was finished breakfast.

He put them in the bin in the meantime. TATATA

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

In a hurried comment yesterday I selected "though" on the predictive text instead of "tough". :o
    Archeron wrote: »
    I am desperately looking for a job .... I'll do it but you won't even fecking talk to me!!!

I may have a longer rant on this later but what kills me is when they don't even fill the position. You get a PFO and a week later you see the same job being advertised. I'm not better than having nobody do the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

... or "ring pull" cans where the ring pulls off in your hand :mad::mad:
    (and you don't have a can opener :eek:)

Thing is, those tins aren't designed to be opened with a can opener so even if you had one, chances are, it wouldn't open it.

A stout screwdriver and a pair of heavy duty gloves is the solution here. (I discovered the need for gloves the hard way! Staff kitchen decorated with tomatoes and blood)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Think is, those tins aren't designed to be opened with a can opener so even if you had one, chances are, it wouldn't open it.

A stout screwdriver and a pair of heavy duty gloves is the solution here. (I discovered the need for gloves the hard way!)

Or, in most cases, turn the tin upside down and use the can opener on the bottom.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Or, in most cases, turn the tin upside down and use the can opener on the bottom.

Often that doesn't work, though.
    The tins aren't the right design - depending on the can opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Regina Doherty's face. I'm sorry, I don't know why. I'm sure she is lovely (I know nothing about her) but just the sight of her face irks me. I make no excuses for how trivial and unjustified this annoyance is.

Regina Doherty's face. I'm sorry, I don't know why. I'm sure she is lovely (I know nothing about her) but just the sight of her face irks me. I make no excuses for how trivial and unjustified this annoyance is.

I really like her voice when on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Q-ing in a Garage to pay for me diesel yesterday, a bin man and a postman in front of me, bin guy has food to pay for, cashier says whatever price, coffee is free for frontline/key staff she says, (nice gesture I thought) postman next, charged full whack for his coffee and sandwich, he was in his uniform, she even knew his name, (bit miserable I thought) , aren't they frontline/key staff, delivering all the goodies people are ordering online?
    What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

"Hey how are you?"
    "I'm good, and you?"
    "Good. You?"

Argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Can’t decide on what phone I want

iPhone X, XR or 11

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Trying to get things done when the old the stomach decides, "hold on, we're not going anywhere."

• Registered Users Posts: 48 faffingaround

Low fat milk

Literally ruins tea, coffee and cereal.
    Despise the way it has taken over homes, service industry etc

It’s literally taking the taste out of milk and leaving you with a class of water and people are militant about buying it!

I wouldn’t mind but it’s usually fools trying to lose weight. The same clowns who wash down the takeaways with a can of Diet Coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Low fat milk

Literally ruins tea, coffee and cereal.
    Despise the way it has taken over homes, service industry etc

It’s literally taking the taste out of milk and leaving you with a class of water and people are militant about buying it!

I wouldn’t mind but it’s usually fools trying to lose weight. The same clowns who wash down the takeaways with a can of Diet Coke.

I'll admit, I think the taste of full fat milk ruins tea (I like it in coffee though!). However I hear you on the weight loss thing. My mother will often come home peddling low fat cakes and bars she has bought (overpriced of course) at slimming world and proceed to eat half the box - "they're low fat". OK that doesn't mean you need to eat half the box, could you not just eat one normal cake and at least be done with it. Low fat food in general TA's me. It's so full of sh*te, aspartame etc. Just have a normal portion of normal food!

I lost all respect for SW when they listed avocados as a "bad" food because of the fat content - literally no regard to the fact that it is a good fat, and probably one of the superfoods. They'd rather peddle their carcinogenic cardboard cakes to vulnerable people :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Arguing with an idiot, I should know better than to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'll admit, I think the taste of full fat milk ruins tea (I like it in coffee though!). However I hear you on the weight loss thing. My mother will often come home peddling low fat cakes and bars she has bought (overpriced of course) at slimming world and proceed to eat half the box - "they're low fat". OK that doesn't mean you need to eat half the box, could you not just eat one normal cake and at least be done with it. Low fat food in general TA's me. It's so full of sh*te, aspartame etc. Just have a normal portion of normal food!

I lost all respect for SW when they listed avocados as a "bad" food because of the fat content - literally no regard to the fact that it is a good fat, and probably one of the superfoods. They'd rather peddle their carcinogenic cardboard cakes to vulnerable people :rolleyes:

On that note, non-diet cola. Out of all the brands, the only standard cola I've found that doesn't also contain sweeteners is Pepsi. Everything else contains both sugar AND sweeteners. Yes, I'm sure, I've checked loads and loads of brands, including supermarket ones! I seldom drink minerals and if I drink cola only when I urgently need something to keep me awake, but when I do I'd rather avoid additional crap.

Should we blame the sugar tax?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

No you shouldn't

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    No you shouldn't

Do you know what's worse than arguing with one idiot? Arguing with two. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

She looks like my ex. That'll do for me

TA: Being called a lockdown merchant by someone who never met me, and somehow they already know that I will refuse to go back to work and wish for this thing to go on forever. They already have me figured out better than my own mother. I'm gonna go back on the dole and claim 210 and lie to Intreo about where I live. I'm gonna turn down every job offer and I'm gonna be a workshy arsehole with nothing to show for it.

They know more about me than I do. That's impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,421 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Birds shat all over my lovely alloys!!! :mad:

I want a shotgun, it's war!

But a shotgun would damage the tyres, Shelly...

...you didn't think this through, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,421 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

New Home wrote: »
    But a shotgun would damage the tyres, Shelly...

...you didn't think this through, did you?

:eek:

Mind you, we feed the feckers a couple of times a day and this is the thanks I get!??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Long night staring into the mirror eh?
    *this is not a casual drug reference*

TA my flatmate is really "nice" so visualising murdering him and binning the corpse makes me feel bad....although....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People standing at the hand gel machine when you enter a shop.Just squirt and go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

dubstarr wrote: »
    People standing at the hand gel machine when you enter a shop.Just squirt and go.

a motto to live by

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement