Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

My car insurance renewal quote was 200 more than last year.
    So I shopped around and got a quote for 300 less than last year.
    Silly stuff from my soon-to-be former insurance brokers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Facebook - I reported vile homophobic abuse on a page and “this does not go against our Community Standards”.

Yet someone I know posts “you should retire first you cow!” at a woman using ageist abuse - horrible stuff - and gets banned!!

Do they have any actual “standards” or is it just random ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm up late and I know that cnut next door will wake me up very early. Completely oblivious to other people. If I was a man I'd give him a clatter. Alas, all I can do is whine on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The Dunnes Stores in Castlemill SC in Balbriggan - It always seems to be a free for all in there with a level of aggression I haven't seen in any other supermarket.

People cut across you and in front of you with their trollies, often looking in the completely opposite direction of where they're going. I always end up leaving there in bad form. I think the main reason it that's it's too small and everyone just gets in each other's way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Antares35 wrote: »
    "Price on Application" - would you get off with your notions. Can anyone explain why estate agents do this? Do they charge you more if you "look" like you can afford it? Will they not disclose the price and prevent you from buying if you "look" like you can't?

OH and I currently in the market for a house and this POA is really starting to píss me off :(
    They even do it in supermarkets now. When you get the leaflrt through the door or looking on their website you see some new item and say 'oh that looks nice, how much is it?' instead of a price it says 'see instore for details' :mad: Gaah!
    I know their game. They won't show the price because it is too expensive, they are hoping people will go to the shop and say 'yikes! that's a bit dear, but I'm here now so I better buy it and not have a wasted journey...' Even if they don't buy it they might pick up a few other things anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Gaant Charts,
    I can't get the labels the right way down on the one I need, trying it this am for the 9millionith time.

TA, following instructions to the letter and still not getting the graph I need.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I sent some of a report to a colleague to be proffread,
    he messaged me last night asking what he was supposed to do and argue with me about where the information(clearly labeled) was. He got very cranky with me when I told him it was all in the attachments named obvious to the material.

Open the freaking attachments before you bother me on a weekend.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The passport office and their "computer says no" attitude and complete lack of empathy in the face of genuine human emergency.

The builders outside banging, shouting, drilling all morning.

The wind.

I forgot to salt my avocado and now my lunch is really bland.

We’re into five months since I left my hellish job for a new one in the same place and I’m still getting dumbass queries that I’m meant to help with.

TA - I cant think of a professional way to say “**** off and do your own job I have deadlines!!”

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Gervais08 wrote: »
    We’re into five months since I left my hellish job for a new one in the same place and I’m still getting dumbass queries that I’m meant to help with.

TA - I cant think of a professional way to say “**** off and do your own job I have deadlines!!”

I tend to go with the old "sorry but X is not within my remit" (all the while I'm yelling profanities at the screen).

• Advertisement

I tend to go with the old "sorry but X is not within my remit" (all the while I'm yelling profanities at the screen).

The other day I was “actually I’m quite a few weeks removed from that process so I don’t think my input would help” while imagining them in an Iron Maiden!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Knife lickers, double dippers, food mawlers.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Knife lickers, double dippers, food mawlers.
    I said it before but noisy eaters. People who make smacking, popping noises when they chew. People who inhale as they put food in their mouth. Chew with mouth open and such.

I said it before but noisy eaters. People who make smacking, popping noises when they chew. People who inhale as they put food in their mouth. Chew with mouth open and such.

Has the death penalty not been brought back for these ?? I’ve written to my TDs enough!!!

Has the death penalty not been brought back for these ?? I’ve written to my TDs enough!!!
    When someone snaps and murders their long-term OH apparently out of the blue. I think it is over annoying little habits like these that chip away at you :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When someone snaps and murders their long-term OH apparently out of the blue. I think it is over annoying little habits like these that chip away at you :eek:

That and placing the new loo roll on top of the loo roll holder!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Charge them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Your Face wrote: »
    My car insurance renewal quote was 200 more than last year.
    So I shopped around and got a quote for 300 less than last year.
    Silly stuff from my soon-to-be former insurance brokers.

Now you get a call with “ sure g’wan, we will match it, just send us the money” usually accompanied by a little “ha ha” as if they are doing you a massive favor!

“Here’s a haha back for ya. Too late, you just lost a customer, ya greedy bastard”

I actually heard on the radio earlier today, that “Loyal” long term customers tend to be screwed to a higher level.

I would judge you for NOT snapping with the rolling pin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Training by zoom. Always one idiot who won't mute his mic when he's shuffling around the house and repositioning his phone (couldn't get his PC to work apparently) and dealing with his kids. FFS. He's a talker too. So when they say it'll run till 5.30, I now actually think it will with this mensa candidate in the group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Training by zoom. Always one idiot who won't mute his mic when he's shuffling around the house and repositioning his phone (couldn't get his PC to work apparently) and dealing with his kids. FFS. He's a talker too. So when they say it'll run till 5.30, I now actually think it will with this mensa candidate in the group.

I've multiple meetings a day via webex, and same issues with people who can't grasp how the mute button works. Its always the noisiest possible people, and those who generate the most feedback through sh!tty sound systems (which I also don't understand, work have provided all of us with decent technology since the lockdown). I have no problem if people are having issues with a kid or a dog while its their turn to speak, its been a struggle for a lot working from home. But for the love of god, I don't need to listen to you empty your dishwasher, and it delays everyone on the call

I can't handle work. I have had no time off and just finished a 7 day week. My head is bursting and I'm taking strong meds for cramps etc. I'm not a machine like.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

I've had Elaine Crowley's show on in the background several times now while doing other things and every time it's on, she and/or her guests seem to be on about erections and other sexual innuendos about men.

What kind of crap is this to be showing in the early-to-mid afternoon?

Disgusting behaviour for women in their late-thirties and early-forties.

More of the Americanization of Irish culture.

Sickening!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I can't handle work. I have had no time off and just finished a 7 day week. My head is bursting and I'm taking strong meds for cramps etc. I'm not a machine like.

Time for a sick day? I mean, those meds aren't good for concentration and decision making, are they? You wouldn't want to be responsible for any mistakes, would you? For the sake of the organisation a sick day (or two) is a hit you should take.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Time for a sick day? I mean, those meds aren't good for concentration and decision making, are they? You wouldn't want to be responsible for any mistakes, would you? For the sake of the organisation a sick day (or two) is a hit you should take.

You're dead right. He hasn't been answering my emails anyway so I will just get back into it in a few days. I am fairly delirious at the moment anyway.

I've had Elaine Crowley's show on in the background several times now while doing other things and every time it's on, she and/or her guests seem to be on about erections and other sexual innuendos about men.

What kind of crap is this to be showing in the early-to-mid afternoon?

Disgusting behaviour for women in their late-thirties and early-forties.

More of the Americanization of Irish culture.

Sickening!
    Jen Z on the radio is the same. She has some sex therapist on about noon, I think once a week and Jesus, the stuff they be discussing :eek: They hold nothing back. I'm no prude but ffs cop on RTE, put that stuff on after the watershed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Mad dash for loo and someone has not replaced the loo roll and the pack is way over the other side of the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Stuffed meat annoys me unless it's actually stuffing in poultry I'm not interested

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

spookwoman wrote: »
    Mad dash for loo and someone has not replaced the loo roll and the pack is way over the other side of the room.

Or in another room entirely. Grounds for divorce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hypocritical , holier than thou , sanctimonious , know it alls . That is all .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement