Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Hypocritical , holier than thou , sanctimonious , know it alls . That is all .

This. Eejits!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

My colleague who is from Wexford has some difficulty pronouncing words with the letter T. So she puts bu-her on her po-hay-hoes. And some day I will murder her over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My dog's noxious farts. If you haven't heard from me by tomorrow it's because I'm dead of methane poisoning.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I keep my phone locked in portrait mode 99% of the time. I hate when it flicks to landscape so I keep it locked.

Well I get TA'ed when you're in an app or game and there is an ad (bad enough) and it insists on over riding my preferences and going landscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Antares35 wrote: »
    Same thing used to happen with the póxy Eurovision too :D

I seem to remember the UK always gave us the maximum 12 points

And then we would give them lousy scores

It was a one sided voting pact :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My dog's noxious farts. If you haven't heard from me by tomorrow it's because I'm dead of methane poisoning.

You are meant to bring him to the vet every so often and they do something with the glands so the farts don’t smell as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Women's farts are scientifically proven to smell worse than men's. You sure it wasn't your wife/girlfriend/daughter blaming it on the easy target who can't communicate a cogent defense?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My colleague who is from Wexford has some difficulty pronouncing words with the letter T. So she puts bu-her on her po-hay-hoes. And some day I will murder her over it.

After 2 years of constant corrections a guy I work with still says done instead of did.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I am giving away a bed for free.

Response to ad
    'Is this still available ...... sob story.......I would love to have it'

Response 'no problem. When can you collect it?(collection only clearly indicated in ad)

'Sorry I can't collect. Will you deliver?'

No response is better than the response I wanted to give (she was 30 miles away btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Noticed that whenever an english person would do an irish accent, for years it was the 'faith and begorrah, to be sure, to be sure' leprachaun type accent.
    Ever since Derry Girls has been on though, they will mostly do a Derry accent now when taking the mick (pardon the pun).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A certain poster who really boils my kettle.
    Not on this thread, they stay on a certain forum mostly, thankfully.

Just reading their posts can make me so mad :mad:
    Then I get TAd that some absolute twerp online is making me TAd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA 1:
    I went to bed at a "reasonable" time for once last night (10:30pm) and I got up at half 7 feeling like I was on sleeping tablets. 3 hours later, my legs are in bits and I feel like I could just drop into a bed for another 8 hours. I'm so tired

TA 2:
    I'm out of sugar. I thought I still had half a bag in the press, but I can't see one, and now I have to drink my coffee with half a spoonful (as opposed to my preferred 2 1/2). I want to cycle to the shop to get more but I'll be wide awake by the time I get it, then I won't feel the need to have a coffee, which means I could have just waited until I finished work tonight to run in and grab it, but I'll be too tired from work to take that detour.

TA 3:
    I got beeped at last night for nothing. I did nothing wrong..... I was coming to a small crossroad and there was a car right up my arse - absolutely no need to be that close, I felt really uneasy - I knew he was turning the same direction I was going to turn as I could see his indicator reflecting off a window. I was turning as well, but since I'm on the bike I like to maintain my position of being on the left side of any traffic, and I did that while turning as well, yet for some reason he decides to beep at me. I don't know what I did to annoy him so much. Honestly, I think cars just don't like cyclists, but this brings me to my next TA.

TA 4:
    I try too hard to please everyone when I cycle. I feel like I should be on a pavement to avoid annoying drivers, and then I feel like I should be on the road to avoid annoying pedestrians. It's easy when there's a cycle-lane, but when there isn't, I get uncomfortable no matter where I am. I prefer to be on the road, close to the pavement, but I always feel like I'm pissing other drivers off, especially when I hear a car rev hard as it passes me. WTF am I supposed to do, like? Do I not have a right to be there as well? Pedestrians seem less annoyed, as there have been a few times where there's been a miscommunication between me and a pedestrian (sometimes it's my fault, sometimes it's theirs), and when the mistake is realised, both of us says sorry, and we move on, but with cars I feel like everyone would love to run me over.

I started using a bike in late September so I could get to and from work easy as I don't drive. It's the first time I've used a bike in 20 years, and I feel like I'm getting really used to it by this stage, and then an angry driver would come around and just wreck my confidence because he/she's not in the mood for "fúcking cyclists". I never understood the stigma before, but now I do, but in such a way that every annoyance seems, ironically, trivial.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Bowlardo wrote: »
    You are meant to bring him to the vet every so often and they do something with the glands so the farts don’t smell as bad

The gland smell is a different ballgame. Very different to the fart smell.

Both are horrible but the when the gland smell gets worse from prolonged licking and then the dog comes at you with its ass-lick tongue you’d be wishing for a bad dogfart.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Bowlardo wrote: »

That's anal sacs/glands. Nothing to do with farts.
    The gland smell is a different ballgame. Very different to the fart smell.

Both are horrible but the when the gland smell gets worse from prolonged licking and then the dog comes at you with its ass-lick tongue you’d be wishing for a bad dogfart.

The gland smell would make a maggot's eye water.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've ranted about this before, but why do people stop so far back from traffic lights these days? I was in the city yesterday and the van at the front of the queue for the lights had left a car length between itself and the white line. Why? I could get staying a little bit back if you need to see, but there was another light in front so that wasn't the issue. If every idiot did that the queue would be twice as long for no reason.

At least this was during the day at a timed junction - some lights need you to stop on a sensor before they'll go green and these idiots stop too far back to activate it. :rolleyes:

And on the subject of distance, the lady in front of me in the coffee shop didn't keep her distance from the guy in front of her. We're NINE MONTHS into this pandemic - how does she not get this by now? Because she went looking for the milk/sugar in the place it was before they took out the seats and re-jigged the place for covid, I'm guessing she wasn't in there for a while. You might think she might have noticed some other changes, like the big yellow signs on the floor with footprints and "Please queue here" written on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

I've ranted about this before, but why do people stop so far back from traffic lights these days? I was in the city yesterday and the van at the front of the queue for the lights had left a car length between itself and the white line. Why? I could get staying a little bit back if you need to see, but there was another light in front so that wasn't the issue. If every idiot did that the queue would be twice as long for no reason.

At least this was during the day at a timed junction - some lights need you to stop on a sensor before they'll go green and these idiots stop too far back to activate it. :rolleyes:

And on the subject of distance, the lady in front of me in the coffee shop didn't keep her distance from the guy in front of her. We're NINE MONTHS into this pandemic - how does she not get this by now? Because she went looking for the milk/sugar in the place it was before they took out the seats and re-jigged the place for covid, I'm guessing she wasn't in there for a while. You might think she might have noticed some other changes, like the big yellow signs on the floor with footprints and "Please queue here" written on them?

I drive and walk frequently. Cars stopping on pedestrian crossings is more of a bugbear for me TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Sometimes they have that box at the front to allow cyclists to congregate and take off first. I always hate stopping behind those, in case the drivers behind don't see it and think I'm just leaving a big stupid space.

People not keeping 2 metres is beyond TA at this stage but just confirms what I long suspected, that many people are just selfish idiots with no sense of self awareness. I don't know how many times I've nearly been knocked over because I wait after the person in front of me gets into the moving stairs so I can leave 3-4 steps between us, and the people up my àss think I'm stopping for no reason. Back the f*ck off like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My stupid phone wasting it's own battery by beeping and flashing at me to tell me that I've a low battery.

People who say "what a time to be alive".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA near death by printer. I was printing out some private medical stuff at home and i got it out of the printer thinking i was nice and discreet, housemates wouldnt see or ask questions.

little did i know that since printer and computer were running extra slow, i accidentally printed the fuucking documents out twice and the second batch was lying there for hours before i came in later. nosy housemates didnt see them as they luckily werent home thank fuuck.

• Advertisement

Watched the Dolly Parton Netflix documentary over the weekend. Have had "Stand By Your Man" stuck in my head ever since.

Dolly Parton didn't even sing that, Tammy Wynette did. Why, brain? Why???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Today in a two hour period,
    I was pushed in a queue as according to the pusher 'I was to close'(being behind the yellow 3 m line and all)
    Was smartly told that I would have to wait outside as I was the person who was last in and bringing their no over what it should, the lady leaving was on the wrong side and we met anyway(tho not a word to her)
    Had a child cough from the' keep free for covid' seat behind me on the bus, his mum took her mask off to cough.
    Even for me, the following is a new low, three times ppl walked into me when I was trying to give them as much space as I could in a retail area.

Yet in Jan these ppl will be shocked we are back in lockdown.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Today in a two hour period,
    I was pushed in a queue as according to the pusher 'I was to close'(being behind the yellow 3 m line and all)
    Was smartly told that I would have to wait outside as I was the person who was last in and bringing their no over what it should, the lady leaving was on the wrong side and we met anyway(tho not a word to her)
    Had a child cough from the' keep free for covid' seat behind me on the bus, his mum took her mask off to cough.
    Even for me, the following is a new low, three times ppl walked into me when I was trying to give them as much space as I could in a retail area.

Yet in Jan these ppl will be shocked we are back in lockdown.

I just can't take any more of people. Covid has really shown people up for being so inconsiderate of others. It's just a pity that the ones ignoring the restrictions are not the ones getting covid and dying - unfortunately they are just infecting other, more immune-compromised people who are probably doing their best to stay safe :(

I really, really, really don't get the hat, scarf, gloves and puffa jacket-with-shorts brigade. Do their legs live in a different microclimate to the rest of them or something???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,924 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watched the Dolly Parton Netflix documentary over the weekend. Have had "Stand By Your Man" stuck in my head ever since.

Dolly Parton didn't even sing that, Tammy Wynnette did. Why, brain? Why???

Ahem, Thanks for the ear worm !

cj maxx wrote: »
    Ahem, Thanks for the ear worm !

Yeah, would have preferred ‘Two Doors Down’ or ‘Here You Come Again’. If we’re talking Parton, that is.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Yeah, would have preferred ‘Two Doors Down’ or ‘Here You Come Again’. If we’re talking Parton, that is.

If my brain was going to give me a random Tammy Wynette earworm it could have at least gone with Justified and Ancient. Now there's a tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I really, really, really don't get the hat, scarf, gloves and puffa jacket-with-shorts brigade. Do their legs live in a different microclimate to the rest of them or something???

I remember bringing the eldest to preschool a couple of years ago. Major conversation about why he needed his jacket (it was sleeting and middle of winter anyway)

Get to creche and there's one of the dad's in shorts and flip-flops. ....the look on my child's face.... thankfully he didn't parrot about how silly he'd be not wearing proper clothes :D

I remember bringing the eldest to preschool a couple of years ago. Major conversation about why he needed his jacket (it was sleeting and middle of winter anyway)

Get to creche and there's one of the dad's in shorts and flip-flops. ....the look on my child's face.... thankfully he didn't parrot about how silly he'd be not wearing proper clothes :D

Was he a heavyset individual?

They’re the only ones I see wearing shorts in this weather. Aside from those engaging in exercise, of course.

These guys would, usually, be “pulling” on a vape and flush of face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Antares35 wrote: »
    An entire Sunday morning wasted doing the weekly clean-up after the cats. While they just hang around shouting at me for food. No, you get fed in the evening and that's it. They must have fifty fúckin acres of mountain to roam, hunt, frolick, dance with the rabbits I don't know, whatever cats do, but no they've to "hang out" at the back door, tripping me up as I make my way in and out with buckets of hot water and bleach. Little sh*ts.

I love them really.

You just reminded me of my TA. If I didn't have a dog and a cat I'd have very little cleaning to do. The fur everywhere has to be hoovered every bleeding weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement