Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

well how do they explain how he manages to deliver all of those presents in one night? well, what is their answer to that?

NOMAD,shows Santa and the timelines.My kids loved it when younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

dubstarr wrote: »
    NOMAD,shows Santa and the timelines.My kids loved it when younger.

Very much off topic as it's such a lovely story, but this is why NORAD tracks Santa - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/track-meet/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,924 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

well how do they explain how he manages to deliver all of those presents in one night? well, what is their answer to that?

I didn't go there. He smells a rat somewhere but he blew himself out. I'm leaving it there till next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The baby was in a really deep sleep and I couldn't hear her breathing so I panicked and woke her up.

Now the baby is awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Antares35 wrote: »
    The baby was in a really deep sleep and I couldn't hear her breathing so I panicked and woke her up.

Now the baby is awake.

We've all done that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I think my hair dryer is giving up. Have to get a new one now in the busy time. I need to blow dry my hair or it's a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Surreptitious, hairdryers in Aldi at the moment. Don't know how good they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

Have a pair of waterproof Nikes that I've worn around town lately. Great job for keeping the feet dry, but the way the heel is formed, dirty rain water gets flicked up onto the back of my legs with every step...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

madmaggie wrote: »
    Surreptitious, hairdryers in Aldi at the moment. Don't know how good they are.

Thank you! I might take a gander tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So after a month advertising a recliner for free I ended up bringing it to the dump last night. At least 20 people said they wanted it but zero turned up to actually collect it*.
    TA that the popular narrative is that everyone is so hard up yet perfectly good second hand goods head to landfill.

*It could be disassembled so a van wasn't needed.

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Very much off topic as it's such a lovely story, but this is why NORAD tracks Santa - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/track-meet/

That is a lovely story. Col Shoup deserves a spot in the TH thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Christmas shopping is a combat sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

TA'd by Q4 in Sales. "Just checking" and "just following up" calls to customers who promised to sign contracts weeks ago. The stress is real.

"HEY DENIS, HAVE YOU MANAGED TO SIGN THE CONTRACT YOU AGREED TO SIGN TWO WEEKS AGO YET, OR WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT THIS SIDE OF CHRISTMAS? HOW CAN I HELP YOU TO SIGN THIS MUTHERFCUKING CONTRACT BEFORE I HAVE A STROKE?"

I have to collect books from school for the kids. ie, vague way of saying another lockdown ( and home schooling) may be on it's way (NI).

People who still refer to PRSI contributions as "stamps".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    So after a month advertising a recliner for free I ended up bringing it to the dump last night. At least 20 people said they wanted it but zero turned up to actually collect it*.
    TA that the popular narrative is that everyone is so hard up yet perfectly good second hand goods head to landfill.

It's often not worth the hassle, but I've heard a few people say you should charge for stuff like that. If something's free, people don't value it, but if you charge a fiver for it, suddenly it's a bargain! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Antares35 wrote: »
    People who still refer to PRSI contributions as "stamps".

Fadó fadó I recall being sent to the Post Office to buy the physical stamps that would then be gummed into each employee's book. I guess the term stuck. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

bitofabind wrote: »
    TA'd by Q4 in Sales. "Just checking" and "just following up" calls to customers who promised to sign contracts weeks ago. The stress is real.

"HEY DENIS, HAVE YOU MANAGED TO SIGN THE CONTRACT YOU AGREED TO SIGN TWO WEEKS AGO YET, OR WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT THIS SIDE OF CHRISTMAS? HOW CAN I HELP YOU TO SIGN THIS MUTHERFCUKING CONTRACT BEFORE I HAVE A STROKE?"

You're gonna need a larger, bolder font.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Started making my edible Christmas presents today with chilli jam. I know from experience my entire house will reek of vinegar for days.

I also managed to make about 6 times the quantity of Ras el Hanout I intended to. Doubled my recipe anyway and then realised I'd used tablespoons instead of teaspoons of everything.

Free jar of Moroccan spice mix, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Any photos of Agnes's kitchen in Mrs Browns Boys the bread bin is always open and a full Brennans pan sitting in it. Barrys tea and other brands dotted around the kitchen in place they can easily be seen.
    Product placement? A bung from Aul' Mr Brennan to Mrs Brown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Any photos of Agnes's kitchen in Mrs Browns Boys the bread bin is always open and a full Brennans pan sitting in it. Barrys tea and other brands dotted around the kitchen in place they can easily be seen.
    Product placement? A bung from Aul' Mr Brennan to Mrs Brown?

Probably a wholegrain nutty baguette !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when you pick out a nice top at a discount and....theres only Xtra small and Xtra large left. TA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Clingfilm, you either can't find where the roll starts and when you finally tear off the amount you need it decides to scrunch up on itself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

When people say "...does that make sense?" at the end of their sentence. It's usually after saying something really basic like I tend to prefer sliced cheese over grated cheese on my sandwiches...does that make sense?
    No..no it doesn't, I may need an encyclopedia to help my teeny tiny brain figure out exactly what you mean Aristotle, oh mighty one!

Porklife wrote: »
    When people say "...does that make sense?" at the end of their sentence. It's usually after saying something really basic like I tend to prefer sliced cheese over grated cheese on my sandwiches...does that make sense?
    No..no it doesn't, I may need an encyclopedia to help my teeny tiny brain figure out exactly what you mean Aristotle, oh mighty one!
    Or "do you know what I mean?". Also overuse of phrases like "in that context" or "in terms of" or "in respect of" when the context is feckin clear as day. These "big me up" phrases are just fillers/ window dressing for people who otherwise have very little to say, you know, in terms of having something to say, in the context of saying something. Does that make sense? Do you know what I mean in respect of all that? :D

I parked too close to the car next to me, then got TAd because it was too close to me for getting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Clingfilm, you either can't find where the roll starts and when you finally tear off the amount you need it decides to scrunch up on itself

I thought that was just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

PsychoPete wrote: »

And sellotape....if it’s not connected to one of those dispenser things,it becomes the single most stressful thing about this time of year...trying to find where it starts if you don’t keep it off the roll....::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Cold sore right in the corner of my mouth. If i yawn or open my mouth wide (like when eating) it cracks and starts to bleed. FS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

Idris bleedin’ Elba singing The 12 days of Christmas.

Give it a rest, mate. You can’t sing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement