Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Robsweezie wrote: »
    when you pick out a nice top at a discount and....theres only Xtra small and Xtra large left. TA
    When a clothes shop is having a sale and by the time you drop in looking for a pair of jeans the bargain vultures have picked the place clean. Only weird sizes like 45W-28L or 30W-40L are left.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Hey all you good nature posters when you actually post on this tread are you really annoyed or are you just whinging and moaning?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Kylta wrote: »
    Hey all you good nature posters when you actually post on this tread are you really annoyed or are you just whinging and moaning?

annoyed, but only trialvilly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Kylta wrote: »

Is there a difference?

TA that I have to try to figure out what someone in Revenue did without actually talking to them

TA overuse of CGI in films and also the quality of it seems to be getting worse rather than better as time goes on.
    Look at the big budget superhero films for eg. The CGI looks really unconvincing, almost like you are watching an animated film at times.
    Now look at Jurassic Park, nearly 30 years old and made back when CGI was in its infancy and it looks miles better.

• Advertisement

TA overuse of CGI in films and also the quality of it seems to be getting worse rather than better as time goes on.
    Look at the big budget superhero films for eg. The CGI looks really unconvincing, almost like you are watching an animated film at times.
    Now look at Jurassic Park, nearly 30 years old and made back when CGI was in its infancy and it looks miles better.

Almost all of Jurassic Park was done using models. Probably why it still looks so good

https://screenrant.com/jurassic-park-cgi-still-good-how-explained/#:~:text=Jurassic%20Park%20Doesn't%20Actually%20Use%20A%20Lot%20Of%20CGI&text=In%20fact%2C%20only%20four%20to,Wintson's%20various%20physical%20dinosaur%20models.

Here's an interesting video that explains why the JP films got worse as they went on. Most of it was down to good old fashioned cinematography by Spielberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

A gift from work has been delivered by an post to most of my colleagues who live in Dublin city, while mine has not, confirming my long lived suspicion that they hold post for rural areas and make minimal trips. And there I was going to tip the postman this year.

Also, the inside design on my orange peel has set off my trypophobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Porklife wrote: »
    When people say "...does that make sense?" at the end of their sentence. It's usually after saying something really basic like I tend to prefer sliced cheese over grated cheese on my sandwiches...does that make sense?
    No..no it doesn't, I may need an encyclopedia to help my teeny tiny brain figure out exactly what you mean Aristotle, oh mighty one!

I was asked to pass on a message in person to my housemate, that they were all going to the cinema that evening.

I was asked three times did I understand and would I remember(a fair question as I have a memory disorder, but three times is insulting)

The housemate hadn't appeared by the time I left so I left a note, which she didn't get until the following day.

But hey at least I remembered :rolleyes:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    I was asked to pass on a message in person to my housemate, that they were all going to the cinema that evening.

I was asked three times did I understand and would I remember(a fair question as I have a memory disorder, but three times is insulting)

The housemate hadn't appeared by the time I left so I left a note, which she didn't get until the following day.

But hey at least I remembered :rolleyes:

have these people not heard of texting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

have these people not heard of texting?
    She called in on her way to college.
    Tho as a student-teacher I think it was a science experiment for her.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Antares35 wrote: »
    A gift from work has been delivered by an post to most of my colleagues who live in Dublin city, while mine has not, confirming my long lived suspicion that they hold post for rural areas and make minimal trips. And there I was going to tip the postman this year.

Also, the inside design on my orange peel has set off my trypophobia.

Had to look up trypophobia.
    I'm fascinated by the variety of phobias which exist and my ignorance of the whole topic. I love to find patterns in nature so I do feel for you being phobic of them.

Good to learn something new every day.

wildwillow wrote: »
    Had to look up trypophobia.
    I'm fascinated by the variety of phobias which exist and my ignorance of the whole topic. I love to find patterns in nature so I do feel for you being phobic of them.

Good to learn something new every day.

For a long time, I thought I just had an aversion to speckled hens :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I have had a ****e couple of days so im cracking open the wine. I dont care

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm not phobic but some of that stuff does make me nauseous (speckled hens are fine, though)

I have boring old arachnaphobia, to the degree that even a picture or a shot on a screen can set it off. Its an extreme aversion, disgust reaction I have to spiders.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'm not phobic but some of that stuff does make me nauseous (speckled hens are fine, though)

I have boring old arachnaphobia, to the degree that even a picture or a shot on a screen can set it off. Its an extreme aversion, disgust reaction I have to spiders.
    I knew a girl once who actually managed to scale a flat wall, such was her fright when she saw one (a spider, not a speckled hen lol) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

At least you see far fewer speckled hens than spiders, unless you actually keep hens. Arachnaphobia must be a nightmare as there are spiders everywhere.

TA, we have a mouse. We also have six cats and a terrier, but somehow there is a mouse allowed to freeload off my Christmas box of tayto crisps, because the six cats and terrier didn't get the memo about natural prey.

I knew a girl once who actually managed to scale a flat wall, such was her fright when she saw one (a spider, not a speckled hen lol) :D

My partner was driving us along one the insane motorways in England when I noticed he seemed very quiet and pre occupied. Without warning he turned into the nearest services, jumped out his side and came round to mine, opened the door and said, like The Terminator 'Get out. Now.' I complied because his tone suggested questioning would be futile and I thought the hours if driving had made him a bit mad. As soon as I got out, he leapt back in and started shuffling and banging around inside. He'd spotted a spider and knew if I saw it I'd probably instinctively try and jump out of the van so he was afraid to mention it. He said he was sh1tting himself for the 5 minutes it took from spotting it to pulling over somewhere safe and getting me out of the van so he could get rid of the thing.

Meet your sister. Years ago when I was a student I was in my accommodation for the first time. I was in my room sorting it out when I spied a...I can't even type the word....on me. Oh Jesus I nearly lost my life.

It ended up on my bed and then disappeared under a sheet. I couldn't bring myself to lift the sheet because that would mean seeing it but then how would I kill it. So I rang my "best friend" who lived a few doors away. She told me that there was no way she was coming over to get the yoke for me and that I needed to be an adult.

I slept in the sitting room that night.

• Advertisement

My partner was driving us along one the insane motorways in England when I noticed he seemed very quiet and pre occupied. Without warning he turned into the nearest services, jumped out his side and came round to mine, opened the door and said, like The Terminator 'Get out. Now.' I complied because his tone suggested questioning would be futile and I thought the hours if driving had made him a bit mad. As soon as I got out, he leapt back in and started shuffling and banging around inside. He'd spotted a spider and knew if I saw it I'd probably instinctively try and jump out of the van so he was afraid to mention it. He said he was sh1tting himself for the 5 minutes it took from spotting it to pulling over somewhere safe and getting me out of the van so he could get rid of the thing.

Brilliant :D Thankfully he didn't do the "don't look" thing, which usually has the opposite effect.

You and I have found common ground :D
    I have that trypo thing too. Vom.

wildwillow wrote: »
    At least you see far fewer speckled hens than spiders, unless you actually keep hens. Arachnaphobia must be a nightmare as there are spiders everywhere.

And it's so weird, cos some kinds of spiders dont bother me at all. It's not a size thing, either, some of the small ones affect me really badly.. I think, for me, it's about legs being disproportionately long, especially the front ones. Shudder

And it's so weird, cos some kinds of spiders dont bother me at all. It's not a size thing, either, some of the small ones affect me really badly.. I think, for me, it's about legs being disproportionately long, especially the front ones. Shudder

Oh Jaysus yeah the legs :(

You and I have found common ground :D
    I have that trypo thing too. Vom.

And apparently "exposure therapy" has been very successful. I'm going to pass on that! :)

Brilliant :D Thankfully he didn't do the "don't look" thing, which usually has the opposite effect.

I'd have done the same and got someone to check the bed the next day and then washed the sheets.

Oh Jaysus yeah the legs :(

Or when they're thick and velvety and make that soft phlump sound when they land.

I'll get my coat :D

And apparently "exposure therapy" has been very successful. I'm going to pass on that! :)

That's right. Same for the spiders. I'll pass too and just never go to Australia :p

TA, we have a mouse. We also have six cats and a terrier, but somehow there is a mouse allowed to freeload off my Christmas box of tayto crisps, because the six cats and terrier didn't get the memo about natural prey.
    Sounds like Muscles Mouse, Jerry's tough guy cousin, has moved in.

11f334a728aa53393469aeb2b2a88586.jpg

• Advertisement

Or when they're thick and velvety and make that soft phlump sound when they land.

I'll get my coat :D

Arrrrgh! Stop!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement