Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

Antares35 wrote: »
    Or when they're thick and velvety and make that soft phlump sound when they land.

I'll get my coat :D

See now you gone and ruined it

:pac:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Meet your sister. Years ago when I was a student I was in my accommodation for the first time. I was in my room sorting it out when I spied a...I can't even type the word....on me. Oh Jesus I nearly lost my life.

It ended up on my bed and then disappeared under a sheet. I couldn't bring myself to lift the sheet because that would mean seeing it but then how would I kill it. So I rang my "best friend" who lived a few doors away. She told me that there was no way she was coming over to get the yoke for me and that I needed to be an adult.

I slept in the sitting room that night.

I'm sure your friend posted on Boards before about this. I remember somebody posting exactly that. Her friend ringing her to come and get rid of a spider and she didn't go. Honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

TA that it is so dark out already, I thought it was like 6 so would be finished work soon but alas it is only 4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm sure your friend posted on Boards before about this. I remember somebody posting exactly that. Her friend ringing her to come and get rid of a spider and she didn't go. Honest.

What drives me mad is the prople who say stuff like 'sure it cant harm you. It's more afraid of you than you are of it, etc' Its a phobia, an IRRATIONAL fear. I'm not cured now that you've helpfully informed me it cant hurt me, is much smaller than me etc. I haven't been labouring under the illusion that its packing a sub machine gun that you have, thankfully, dispelled for me. I still have an irrational fear, because it's irrational.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What drives me mad is the prople who say stuff like 'sure it cant harm you. It's more afraid of you than you are of it, etc' Its a phobia, an IRRATIONAL fear. I'm not cured now that you've helpfully informed me it cant hurt me, is much smaller than me etc. I haven't been labouring under the illusion that its packing a sub machine gun that you have, thankfully, dispelled for me. I still have an irrational fear, because it's irrational.

A little bit like being told to "calm down" in a panic. In the history of the world, I don't think anyone calmed down simply by being ordered to do so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Antares35 wrote: »
    TA, we have a mouse. We also have six cats and a terrier, but somehow there is a mouse allowed to freeload off my Christmas box of tayto crisps, because the six cats and terrier didn't get the memo about natural prey.

The GSD in my house used to sit close to where the (shudder:eek:) mouse got in and watch it crawl all over the kitchen surfaces like it was his fav TV prog!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

You're probably thinking of me. I posted fairly recently about my housemate being "trapped" in her room by a spider for the guts of two hours while I was out. I had to evict it from her room when I came home. Same person who went literally hysterical when she found a dead lizard in her suitcase after we'd been to Mexico. I had to go around to her house to deal with that one for her (she didn't live here at the time, obvs).

On both (and many other) occasions I did go and help. But I will confess to rolling my eyes big time every time it happens. I get that they're phobias, they're irrational by definition. I just always think to myself "What would she do if there was nobody around to deal with it for her???"

Reminds me of the time one of my dogs somehow managed to catch a live bird, bring it into the house and then mangle it. I came into the sitting room to find it covered in bird sh*t, feathers and him happily flipping the mercifully now-dead bird back and forth on the couch. I was telling a different friend about it later that day and she was like "Nope, sorry, couldn't deal with that, I'd have just shut the door and pretended I didn't see it".

Well great, but I'm at home alone for six months because my (ex) husband is overseas so I don't have that luxury.

Gloves on, gag reflex ignored and on with the clean-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im more that slightly TA.
    I was supposed to be going out for food tonight,so looking forward to it.

And the only place we could get last minute was a pizza place. Had it booked and all.And my oh says he doesnt really fancy it. But of course blames me.Saying i dont really like pizza.

Its not my first choice but i was getting dressed up and getting wine and food. And now im depressed.

Had my eldest son babysitting and all.
    Doesnt understand why im annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

dubstarr wrote: »
    Im more that slightly TA.
    I was supposed to be going out for food tonight,so looking forward to it.

And the only place we could get last minute was a pizza place. Had it booked and all.And my oh says he doesnt really fancy it. But of course blames me.Saying i dont really like pizza.

Its not my first choice but i was getting dressed up and getting wine and food. And now im depressed.

Had my eldest son babysitting and all.
    Doesnt understand why im annoyed.

Head out on your own or if you have someone in your bubble ask them. I would not let it go to waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

spookwoman wrote: »
    Head out on your own or if you have someone in your bubble ask them. I would not let it go to waste.

I cancelled the reservation,i really think this is the straw that breaks the camels back.

I think that was Dial Hard who posted that. Her and the girl I used to be friends with are different people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

People grocery shopping in a garage.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

When you spot someone looking at you, or people just happening to be in your way or wanting to look at whatever you happen to be in front of in the supermarket, and you have that "Am I in some kind of Truman show type setup" moment. Sometimes I'm just convinced of it!

Another Boards one, up there with "virtue signalling" and "disingenuous" is use of the word "obfuscation". I have never, ever, heard anyone use that word outside of the internet, ever.

Also unrelated TA, I hate the word "flattered". It's just a horrible sounding word. Like, battered and flatulence got together and had a love child and called it flattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

"I'm not a racist" while giving at the same time every 2nd remark is giving out about a counties inhabitants.
    The word toxic masculinity being used because someone who happened to be male p*ssed you off.

Extreme PC world going too far lately and annoying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,638 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don't which annoyed me more unpopped popcorn

Or trying to eat the same popcorn while one of those overly arty, extremely abstract car ads come on.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Competitions that are too much hard work to enter.
    Fill out a form or like and share, fine.

Writing out an essay on why you'd like to win this, tie breakers, posting a video you made...fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Competitions that are too much hard work to enter.
    Fill out a form or like and share, fine.

Writing out an essay on why you'd like to win this, tie breakers, posting a video you made...fcuk off.

When Pablo Picanto first came to Ireland they had a competition where the winner had to write a catchy poem about why burritos are so great. I love burritos so entered it and got told I made it to the second round! Amazing! Had to then write an essay explaining why burritos are better than any other fast food, a "zippy" tagline about how awesome burritos are and fill in about 10 million forms. Would you ever **** off! Its meat and rice wrapped in tinfoil, hardly food of the Gods!
    More fool me I filled in all the paperwork and someone else was crowned burrito king the following week.
    I think the prize was a burrito:)

TA my sister is on a diet and is staying with me for Christmas. She has asked me not to have too many temptations in the house. Get real lady!
    Who goes on a diet at Christmas time! She started this new fasting diet fad about 2 weeks ago. Wait until January you weirdo!

The record is probably spun out, however the antlers and nose adorning vehicles are a tedious eyesore. Rudolf the red-nosed Berlingo, all together now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The record is probably spun out, however the antlers and nose adorning vehicles are a tedious eyesore. Rudolf the red-nosed Berlingo, all together now.

I'll bet there's a plastic tat factory executive in China who got a big fat bonus for thinking up this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Feel like **** today. Like I'm hungover but I didn't touch a drop last night. i think I might be run down................from all the...........staying at home I've been doing this last week. I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Ta, I'm singing that now, had a very shiny exhaust.

Porklife wrote: »
    When Pablo Picanto first came to Ireland they had a competition where the winner had to write a catchy poem about why burritos are so great. I love burritos so entered it and got told I made it to the second round! Amazing! Had to then write an essay explaining why burritos are better than any other fast food, a "zippy" tagline about how awesome burritos are and fill in about 10 million forms. Would you ever **** off! Its meat and rice wrapped in tinfoil, hardly food of the Gods!
    More fool me I filled in all the paperwork and someone else was crowned burrito king the following week.
    I think the prize was a burrito:)

TA my sister is on a diet and is staying with me for Christmas. She has asked me not to have too many temptations in the house. Get real lady!
    Who goes on a diet at Christmas time! She started this new fasting diet fad about 2 weeks ago. Wait until January you weirdo!

Sly dogs probably got thousands of euro worth of PR work out of you guys for the price of one meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

woke up with a headache that wont go away.

On quiz-shows when the host has to have a chat with contestants at the start and ask them what they do for a living.
    TA when it is someone with a really boring job but they think it is interesting. They start yammering on about it and you can see the host's eyes start to glaze over.

Woke up yesterday with a bit of a cough. I am now absolutely freaking out that I have covid and I'm supposed to be going to my in laws for christmas lunch today. I havent been in close contact with anyone since last saturday. What do I ****ing do????

(Probably gonna assume the worst and just not go :( )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Woke up yesterday with a bit of a cough. I am now absolutely freaking out that I have covid and I'm supposed to be going to my in laws for christmas lunch today. I havent been in close contact with anyone since last saturday. What do I ****ing do????

(Probably gonna assume the worst and just not go :( )

Have the same issue. Have a runny nose and a slight spike in temperature yesterday evening (37). Have an online GP appointment at 1. If covid test is required I should have that and the result before Xmas.
    Have a couple of people coming for dinner so not great timing.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Have the same issue. Have a runny nose and a slight spike in temperature yesterday evening (37). Have an online GP appointment at 1. If covid test is required I should have that and the result before Xmas.
    Have a couple of people coming for dinner so not great timing.

I went and booked myself in for a test just to be sure. Should get the results tonight or tomorrow. So lunch is cancelled today anyway. No clue where I could've got it though as I've been so careful this past week. So annoying. Covid has turned me into a hypochondriac.

Fingers crossed we're both negitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I went and booked myself in for a test just to be sure. Should get the results tonight or tomorrow. So lunch is cancelled today anyway. No clue where I could've got it though as I've been so careful this past week. So annoying. Covid has turned me into a hypochondriac.

Fingers crossed we're both negitive.

You're not a hypochondriac. You're doing the right thing. Hope its negative and whatever it turns put to be is over you quickly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement