Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

There was a lad walking around Mr. Price shouting on his phone to his friend. At no point was he making any purchases or looking for anything. He was just standing in narrow isles having a ****e conversation about boxes in a warehouse. If you're not gonna buy anything, then get the fcuk out of the shop, I'm trying to maintain my distance from people and this shop alone makes it difficult enough without you hijacking isles to have the worst conversations on record. You are standing where the christmas decorations are, with your back to them, and I am trying to get a specific decoration you happen to be in the way of. Get out of the fcking way. Also, pull your mask up over your nose you reprobate.

Go outside, have your talk, then come in when you're actually going to buy something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

There was a lad walking around Mr. Price shouting on his phone to his friend. At no point was he making any purchases or looking for anything. He was just standing in narrow isles having a ****e conversation about boxes in a warehouse. If you're not gonna buy anything, then get the fcuk out of the shop, I'm trying to maintain my distance from people and this shop alone makes it difficult enough without you hijacking isles to have the worst conversations on record. You are standing where the christmas decorations are, with your back to them, and I am trying to get a specific decoration you happen to be in the way of. Get out of the fcking way. Also, pull your mask up over your nose you reprobate.

Go outside, have your talk, then come in when you're actually going to buy something.

I don't know how you didn't shoot him! People wearing their masks incorrectly should be shot on sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

You wash your hands and then realise you have to do the bin or other dirty job.
    Garrr :mad: why couldn't I have remembered that two minutes earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Why is it that the drivers who pull out in front of you invariably then trundle along at 40% below the speed limit???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You wash your hands and then realise you have to do the bin or other dirty job.
    Garrr :mad: why couldn't I have remembered that two minutes earlier?

I've resigned myself to having leathery hands from constant washing and sanitizing now. When this COVID malarkey is finally over I think I'll develop a love of gloves and incorporate it into a signature look.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I went and booked myself in for a test just to be sure. Should get the results tonight or tomorrow. So lunch is cancelled today anyway. No clue where I could've got it though as I've been so careful this past week. So annoying. Covid has turned me into a hypochondriac.

Fingers crossed we're both negitive.

This is like me in October, still to this day no clue where I got it. Work presumably. It drove me wild for days trying to figure it out and I just gave up before I lost my mind!

Hopefully all is good and it's nothing. North is not doing well at the moment :(

Same with you Pawwed, hope it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

"Peel & Reseal" it never reseals properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

When people seen to only watch a match so that they can give out about it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Charity shop opening hours.

Have stuff to donate but need my car to transport it. No chance of getting a parking space outside / close by because they don't open until after 10.00am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

This is more or less both a TA and a TH, to be fair.
    About two weeks ago, my other half told me she wanted a pair of runners for her Christmas. I ordered them about a week and a half ago, and the whole time I thought "I won't tell her when they arrive, sure they'll get here in the morning when she's in work so it'll be easy to wrap it and stash it away"

What happened? posty delivered it Saturday afternoon when we're both at home, and she answered it. Then all I heard was "oh nice that must be my shoes!" WELL!!!! thanks postman! some man for the timing!

She was delighted and she tried them on to make sure they fit (otherwise I'd have to send them back) and the look on her face, I couldn't just tell her to wait til next week so I let her keep 'em on.

I'm TA that the postman just happened to deliver them on a day she's off, and I'm TH that at least I don't have to wrap them up and make a balls of the job (and the look of joy on her face always crumbles me lol)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    No clue where I could've got it though as I've been so careful this past week. So annoying.

I know exactly where I got mine. Bloody van driver collecting furniture coughing and spluttering all over my house on Wednesday. Actually said at one stage 'yer grand I don't have dee virus'

Yes but you did have A virus so now I have to go and get tested.

Your Face wrote: »
    When people seen to only watch a match so that they can give out about it later.
    When people watch a match and and scream and shout calling players every name under the sun.

It is always their own players who they are insulting! The people from the team they are supposed to love :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 RLF71

Boy racers and their vomit inducing car exhaust, and thinking they are Formula 1 racers. I'd love to just drop a wrecking ball on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA when the kettle is left empty. like i understand how easily people forget to refill it after tea but it slightly irritates me nonetheless, even though im guilty of it sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA when the kettle is left empty. like i understand how easily people forget to refill it after tea but it slightly irritates me nonetheless, even though im guilty of it sometimes.

My brother is a fecker for this but rather than forgetting it, it's pure laziness on his part. So I have taken it upon myself to empty the kettle after I use it when I am certain that he will be next to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm after spending a load of money. I feel I will regret this.
    I'm also exhausted and barely able to have a shower. I'm also sick of ads for food, I know it's Christmas but there is only so much someone can eat. I'm a bit bah humbug today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My laptop. I had to do various zoom calls. To my daughter's speech therapist, a cousins from around the world zoom call, another one I can't remember .
    But every time my camera wouldn't work so it was audio only.
    Anyway I decided to fix the problem. Went to settings etc. Googled it etc. Then finally I saw a little slider yoke at the camera.
    All I had to do was to open it :(
    Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I ordered something for my Nigerian friend but realise now they don't deliver to Nigeria and EIRE is on the address. I tried to get a refund but they just dispatched it! I'm just hoping it will be sent back as I ordered something else for him that does deliver to Nigeria. Jesus like you try to do something for someone and it falls apart. Boo fecking hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

RLF71 wrote: »
    Boy racers and their vomit inducing car exhaust, and thinking they are Formula 1 racers. I'd love to just drop a wrecking ball on them.

It's funny when they plaster their cars with "sponsorship" stickers, glued on spoilers and crap. A dustbin sized exhaust to give their Rice Rocket a bigger voice.
    Utterly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It's funny when they plaster their cars with "sponsorship" stickers, glued on spoilers and crap. A dustbin sized exhaust to give their Rice Rocket a bigger voice.
    Utterly ridiculous.

And the little scrotes inside it, barely visible above the dashboard to oncoming cars bar the obligatory flat cap.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The fecking dog ate the cable to the router. Mobile signal is erratic at best here. I'm hoping the local phone shop has the right cable or it's a trek to Carlow or Kilkenny. He's a lovely dog, but he tries my patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

The hundreds of people who have come from London before the lockdown of flights. Will they all get tested and keep a proper quarantine, or is this new strain going to flood into the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Buying a new tv, setting it up and discovering I can't connect my DVD player to it because it (tv) doesn't have a scart socket! And having to go out and buy an adapter and hdmi cable.

Barbers and hairdressers that give their customers alcohol.
    Nothing like a drink full of hair clippings, then it's a nice drunk drive home afterwards. :rolleyes:

And the little scrotes inside it, barely visible above the dashboard to oncoming cars bar the obligatory flat cap.
    The seat almost the full way back so they can't see diddly squat, them driving round with the (c)rap music blaring, thinking they are a gangsta from south central L.A. rather than a farmers boy from Westmeath :rolleyes:

Up Donegal wrote: »
    Buying a new tv, setting it up and discovering I can't connect my DVD player to it because it (tv) doesn't have a scart socket! And having to go out and buy an adapter and hdmi cable.

I bought a new smart TV last year that - according to the manufacturer's website - had a scart connection. When I was in the shop, I mentioned it to the sales assistant. His response "I am pretty sure no new televisions have scart sockets"

I asked him to open the box on the shopfloor to check. He said ok and as expected, it did have a scart connection.

I needed mine for a VCR but if you just need yours for a DVD player, would you not just buy a blu ray player which will play both?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

So my Covid test came back negative so hurrah - Christmas isn't cancelled.
    My associated TA is that I've apparently just somehow picked up a dry cough from somewhere and my family made fun of me for being overcautious because I ALWAYS get sick at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I thought I was having a bad morning cause I woke up at 3am and never got back to sleep.

One of our account directors joined our daily call dead late and completely flustered. Turns out he thought we'd finished up for Christmas on Friday.

We don't finish til Wednesday.

He definitely wins the "bad day" sweeps.

Two Christmas presents that I ordered haven't arrived. Both posted 25 November - from London and Brussels.

Whereas the contingency presents (replacement for the above) were posted in London last Wednesday and just turned up this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Sometimes it's a bigger problem when stuff you ordered does arrive.

I ordered a book for my brother as part of his present (I do stress part - I'm getting him some good stuff too). It's a book of one million random digits. He's into maths, and it's supposed to be a joke. Hilarious, eh?

Ordered it back in early November from the publishers in the US. Couple of days later they said it shipped. I waited patiently until last Tuesday, but there was no sign if it, so I emailed the publishers. Immediately they responded with an apology, and said that they'd FedEx another copy.

FedEx arrived on Friday morning with the replacement. Happy days. Then Saturday morning, the postman arrives - with the first copy I ordered.

The book is massive. And completely useless.

I've now got a spare copy of "A Million Random Digits with 100,000 Normal Deviates" that I have absolutely no use for and is far too expensive to return to the US. And I just can't stress how completely useless it is. It weighs about 2kg, and all it is is a million random digits printed across 628 pages. Ok, there's 100,000 Normal Deviates too, but I've no idea what that means.

To top it all off, you can download the PDF for free. The physical book and shipping cost me a fortune.

TAd that sometimes the "hilarious" joke or prank you come up with at one one in the morning turns out to be both an expensive and inconvenient folly.

Any suggestions on what to do with the spare copy? I was thinking of just leaning even more into the stupid joke and giving it to my wife (fnar fnar - there's no way I'd get any ever again if I gave her a giant book of one million random digits for xmas).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement