Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Dealing with non-finance people.

Like seriously, is that a credit credit meaning you want a debit figure reflected on the books or do you not realise that one of those codes that you used means it is a credit and you want a credit posted so you didn't need the second credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Dealing with finance people. Enough with the confusing codes already!

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Dealing with finance people. Enough with the confusing codes already!

Way back when I did some accountancy training for work and someone was asking me for help on some hell to do with ledgers and credits, debits etc. I told her, basically think of what makes sense and how you would logically go about doing it, and once you have that in your head, then do the complete opposite.

Antares35 wrote: »
    Way back when I did some accountancy training for work and someone was asking me for help on some hell to do with ledgers and credits, debits etc. I told her, basically think of what makes sense and how you would logically go about doing it, and once you have that in your head, then do the complete opposite.

:D this made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Ordered a spare part for a camera from Amazon.

TAd that I received 6 rolls of dental floss instead.

Even more TAd that they are insisting that I return them in order to get my refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When you walk through a cobweb and you can feel it on your face

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Well my hotel stay after Christmas has just been cancelled.
    I was so looking forward to it. The kids will be so sad.

It was the only thing keeping me going.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I was in Mahon yesterday and spotted a guy on the road that looked like a competitive walker. Why tf was he on the road? I've said this before about runners running on the road when there's a path next to them, cyclists on the road when there's a cycle path next to them - get off the ****ing road. I don't care what reason you think you have for being on the road - you're a danger to yourself and others - get off the ****ing road!

There are parts of my run route that I run on the road as the paths are busy and I doubt people want me panting on them as I drag myself past. Unlikely that a car will get infected by covid.

Driving a car is a responsibility to be aware of your surroundings and not be a danger to anyone. If you are driving with due care there is no way you will hit the guy. Give a wide berth. If you have to stop then stop. TA that this needs to be said

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

In supermarket today and the guy stacking the bread was taking it from the "loading shelves" then putting them on the floor then from the floor to the supermarket shelf......in no way does this make sense.

Now people are going to be putting bread that has been on the floor ( with multiple people walking on it) onto their kitchen table/counter.... Grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

PsychoPete wrote: »
    When you walk through a cobweb and you can feel it on your face

Especially the ones hanging down out the back in work that are old and dirty.

There are false widows there as well so expect there to be one of these every time I walk into one.

False_Widow_Spider_PRHarvey.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

PMS... 3 bloody days to Christmas and her hormones start playing up.....jesus h Christ but would she ever **** off and take her man hating hormones with her.....based on past hormones attacks it's gonna be a ****e Christmas for me...

Anyway...rant over...and breathe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Mimon wrote: »
    Especially the ones hanging down out the back in work that are old and dirty.

There are false widows there as well so expect there to be one of these every time I walk into one.

False_Widow_Spider_PRHarvey.jpg

At least there is a good chance you'd get superpowers out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

It’s probably been mentioned already but the silly looking car antlers and red noses people are putting on their cars this time of year

js35 wrote: »
    It’s probably been mentioned already but the silly looking car antlers and red noses people are putting on their cars this time of year

I actually saw an Audi with a tail attached to it's rear wiper today. So looks like tails are the newest fad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've been on dating sites lately, so a few TA's.
    I've a 150 mile radius which doesn't include Cumbria, Scotland or docking China!
    Also that new trend in eyebrows is desperate bad.
    Oh and for your profile pic please don't put one of you with 4 other women ( which one are you ?).
    Or one with your kids either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

js35 wrote: »

The kids love to see them. Don’t have them on our cars but anything that “distracts” the kids for a bit is ok in my book.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

cj maxx wrote: »
    I've a 150 mile radius which doesn't include Cumbria, Scotland or docking China!
    Oh and for your profile pic please don't put one of you with 4 other women ( which one are you ?).

Irish women dating profile pics..

Pose with pint glass.
    Pose with wine glass.
    Pose with cocktail glass. (Not at all overdoing the boozing stereotype)
    Poorly focused photo.
    Selfie in bedroom that looks like a bomb went off in there.
    Picture with friend, friend's face scribbled out like a child would do it.

I actually saw an Audi with a tail attached to it's rear wiper today. So looks like tails are the newest fad.

Oh dear jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Curious, why not with kids?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Curious, why not with kids?

I have kids. It's on my profile.
    It's no secret. It's just, I don't know why , it bugs me to see them in their photos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I have kids. It's on my profile.
    It's no secret. It's just, I don't know why , it bugs me to see them in their photos

It's not appropriate to have pictures of your children on a dating site because they're too young to consent even if asked.
    Having said that, I'd imagine it's done put of laziness or to ensure people are aware before making contact as it's unlikely everyone will read a profile.

I'm TA at the endless loop of restrictions, especially as they're not enforced. The usual suspects will carry on normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    There are parts of my run route that I run on the road as the paths are busy and I doubt people want me panting on them as I drag myself past. Unlikely that a car will get infected by covid.

Driving a car is a responsibility to be aware of your surroundings and not be a danger to anyone. If you are driving with due care there is no way you will hit the guy. Give a wide berth. If you have to stop then stop. TA that this needs to be said

Its tricky meeting people on the street these days, but to use the road for long periods and expect motorists to be 100% responsible does not make sense. Surely its up to you to ensure your own personal safety? With all the best will in the world, motorists can make mistakes too.

I cycle and walk, and if I am going to meet someone, I'll step out onto the road if safe to do so. Or we'll do some sort of dance to ensure that we pass at a reasonable distance and facing away from each other. With masks on, the risk of passing on infection is minimised, and better to take that tiny risk than get run over.

TA'd that I bough a lovely new comfy bed for my cat, but she continues to sleep in the same dirty auld box right beside it. Have tried adding catnip to entice her into it, but no dice so far

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

and expect motorists to be 100% responsible does not make sense

You may find the law does not agree with you on this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I was just sitting down at my desk when a spider landed on my mouse. What sorcery is this? I think I got it in time but wtf like. I looked up and no cobwebs. Why must I be deceived like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    You may find the law does not agree with you on this point.

I don’t think having the law on their side is of great comfort to surviving family and friends after a tragic incident occurs. I think everyone needs to be aware of their surroundings and use a bit of common sense, particularly if a cycle lane or footpath is available, Covid or not. There are alternative ways of safely passing others

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Everything going wrong together. Part needed for car and now the f*cking headphone port gone on TV. I use headphones on this one because I keep odd hours and don't want to wake anyone else in the house watching horror movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

People who post a meme on social media without thinking about the meaning. Most recent one was 'every time you get upset about something ask yourself if you die tomorrow would it be worth wasting your time being upset'. I replied that then I'd be more worried about the fact that I'm dying tomorrow and wishing that the only thing that I was upset about was the trivial thing in the first place'. Meme was deleted.

I don’t think having the law on their side is of great comfort to surviving family and friends after a tragic incident occurs. I think everyone needs to be aware of their surroundings and use a bit of common sense, particularly if a cycle lane or footpath is available, Covid or not. There are alternative ways of safely passing others

You can only control your own actions so if in doubt give a wide berth and stop if you have to.
    TA that this is even a point if contention :pac:
    Explains alot of driver behaviour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that I manage to consistently buy the world's least sticky sticky-tape.

• Advertisement

People who post in Facebook groups things that have little or nothing to do with the group topic.
    "I know this isn't about X, but here's a pic of Y, mod please remove if not allowed"

People who post stuff like "I know only true friends who care about autism/cancer/disabled kittens/*insert tear jerking subject* will bother to like and share this".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement