Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People who post in Facebook groups things that have little or nothing to do with the group topic.
    "I know this isn't about X, but here's a pic of Y, mod please remove if not allowed"

People who post stuff like "I know only true friends who care about autism/cancer/disabled kittens/*insert tear jerking subject* will bother to like and share this".

"I bet I won't even get one like" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The fact that I manage to consistently buy the world's least sticky sticky-tape.

Warm it up . Leave it above a heater or radiator to warm up and it makes a huge difference.

I must be reading to much AH.
    Someone posted yesterday about falling asleep with Die Hard on.
    I read it as falling asleep with Dial Hard on !!!
    Sorry DH :)

cj maxx wrote: »
    I must be reading to much AH.
    Someone posted yesterday about falling asleep with Die Hard on.
    I read it as falling asleep with Dial Hard on !!!
    Sorry DH :)

I just read that as falling to sleep with the hard on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Buying your Christmas food shop,then looking in the fridge and theres nothing for a sandwich ��.Cause its all "Christmas" food and we cant touch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

js35 wrote: »
    It’s probably been mentioned already but the silly looking car antlers and red noses people are putting on their cars this time of year

ever see the ones with the lights hung all round the car ......and those people with the reindeer antlers on their car arent fooling anyone ...we know that it is a car

Antares35 wrote: »
    I just read that as falling to sleep with the hard on :D

That's just your filthy mind Antares :)

ever see the ones with the lights hung all round the car ......and those people with the reindeer antlers on their car arent fooling anyone ...we know that it is a car

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

There is a place in heaven for me after the morons I have had to deal with today. First thing this morning woken up by serious noise then the courier came and refused to get out of the van, I was in my socks and the street was wet. I said to him you will have to hand it to me and he looked incredibly annoyed by this? There was another guy who came as well to drop off something for someone here and no bother to him, he jumped out from the van and handed me the packages. On what planet am I supposed to walk on rough stony wet ground in socks just to appease this clown. In the time he was dwelling on it it would have been done.
    I just want to finish work and have a bailey's coffee if that's not too much to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

There is a place in heaven for me after the morons I have had to deal with today. First thing this morning woken up by serious noise then the courier came and refused to get out of the van, I was in my socks and the street was wet. I said to him you will have to hand it to me and he looked incredibly annoyed by this? There was another guy who came as well to drop off something for someone here and no bother to him, he jumped out from the van and handed me the packages. On what planet am I supposed to walk on rough stony wet ground in socks just to appease this clown. In the time he was dwelling on it it would have been done.
    I just want to finish work and have a bailey's coffee if that's not too much to ask.

Here's a better annoyance for you.
    Last week, my son was in the kitchen, I was in the shower.
    He saw a van pull up outside the gate on the road, we live very rural.
    The van had no logo but he figured out straight away it was a courier because he could see him sifting through parcels etc.
    Driver eventually got out and placed a packet on our pier at the side of the road and got back in his van.
    My son looked on as the packet, which was obviously light, blew down onto the ground outside the gate.
    He ran out to pick it up and realized the name on it and address was for someone at the opposite end of our parish, who we actually never heard of and their name was no way similar to ours!
    He knocked on the van window and explained it to the driver and handed it back.
    I know couriers are snowed under and the minute but come on, this is your job ffs.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Whole families, both of the parents and all the kids going shopping at once.
    The supermarkets are chocablock FFS. Why can't one of you stay at home and mind the kids or take them for a walk or something while the other one shops.

Also Parents letting little kids who want to help push the trolley around. The kid has no clue about trolley ettiquette and ends up blocking aisles and causing collisions. It is too packed and busy for this crap, parent. Push the damn trolley yourself :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The supermarkets are chocablock FFS. Why can't one of you stay at home and mind the kids or take them for a walk or something while the other one shops

I wish I could thank your post more than once. It makes zero sense. The kids would be better off somewhere else and a parent could do the shopping in half the time. Winners all around.

Is it some kind of family outing because everything else is closed? I don't get it. Aside from just blocking up the shops, what about the kids? And you see people with babies too. My baby has been inside a shop once since Covid hit, I always leave her with OH when I shop ( well obviously I didn't that one time!). And it hasn't been easy, because he also missed his driving test because of feckin covid so it's always me running in with a list when I'd much rather be at home with her, but I just don't see the point in risking it. Vaccinations aren't even finished until 13 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,287 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Supermarkets who send out booklets of vouchers for mainly products you never buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The supermarkets are chocablock FFS. Why can't one of you stay at home and mind the kids or take them for a walk or something while the other one shops.

Also Parents letting little kids who want to help push the trolley around. The kid has no clue about trolley ettiquette and ends up blocking aisles and causing collisions. It is too packed and busy for this crap, parent. Push the damn trolley yourself :mad:

There is a trick to dealing with problem people in supermarkets, have the trolley right up behind them so their ankles catch on the bar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA that I was absolutely bollocks-wrecked at midnight. Other half arrived home after minding the nephew since 5 while her sister and husband went out. We watched 2 episodes of the Mandalorian, now it's nearly 4am, she's snoring away, and I'm up with red eyes buying ****e I don't need.

Companies sending me emails telling me I "still have items in my cart". It's a trolley and, take a hint! I clearly don't want the stuff :D

Zoom really TAs me. It's like having to learn meeting etiquette all over again, so many nuances and unspoken rules. That two second gap when people speak and then you have that awkward "sorry go on... No it's ok you go on" thing.

Also phone meetings, especially where you're late and have to announce you're "in". I was late for one once and didn't announce my "arrival" because there was someone talking and I didnt want to interrupt. Then someone else started talking. I never got a chance to tell them I was there and then it got to a point where it would have been weird. So I just listened to the whole thing and left. My boss asked me why I hadn't dialled in and I'd to explain what happened.

It was the office equivalent of sneaking into a meeting late and just hiding behind a chair for the whole thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TA Supervalu keep giving me spend 50 save 10 vouchers. All well and good but I'd never spend that much in that shop.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    TA Supervalu keep giving me spend 50 save 10 vouchers. All well and good but I'd never spend that much in that shop.

What's worse is when you have a voucher going out of date, and no matter how you try you just can't give it away!

• Advertisement

Met a friend for an outdoor coffee this morning. The car park for SuperValu was insane. TA people leaving everything til the last minute. Including OH, who informed me he'd like "a lift to the shop after work" so now we will be those annoying people. It's Christmas Eve..we are supposed to have everything done and be able to just sit and chill. I told him I'd bring him to Lidl - "no it has to be a shopping centre". FFS. Humbug.

Antares35 wrote: »

I told him I'd bring him to Lidl - "no it has to be a shopping centre". FFS. Humbug.

Last minute prezzie coming your way ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The Just Eat app and their stupid "enter your full address".No I won't enter my address because you don't suggested anything for my address. All I want to do is look at a menu

cj maxx wrote: »
    Last minute prezzie coming your way ! :)

Good job I didn't bring him to Lidl!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Someone holding their mobile flat and speaking into it a la The Apprentice. While driving. In a 192 car that probably has bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

On my way to my mother's house to spend Xmas with.

We stop to get a quick coffee. Car won't start.

I dont even need to write any further. That's literally it. I'm going nowhere.

Merry ****ing Christmas

Sat in the car with the baby while OH did his last minute panic shop. Literally every ten seconds we could just hear irate drivers standing on their horns and killing each other over spaces and trying to get into the McDonald's drive thru. Do people have to act the maggot even on Christmas Eve :(

On my way to my mother's house to spend Xmas with.

We stop to get a quick coffee. Car won't start.

I dont even need to write any further. That's literally it. I'm going nowhere.

Merry ****ing Christmas
    I think you win the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Matching pyjamas and the accompanying family photo on FB.

Although, I find if you zoom in on the "hubby's" face you can tell by his eyes he is thinking: "what have I gotten myself into?"

• Advertisement

Matching pyjamas and the accompanying family photo on FB.

Although, I find if you zoom in on the "hubby's" face you can tell by his eyes he is thinking: "what have I gotten myself into?"

They make the same face in Ikea and Woodies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement