Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

People passing remarks that I wont be having a drink with my dinner tomorrow. Knowing full well both myself and partner are non-drinkers, why ask? What's it to them? Why do they think its do important I drink on Christmas Day? "And will you have a sup of wine with your dinner, tomorrow?" "No". "Ah you will, just a glass. For the Christmas. No? NO? NOT EVEN A SUP WITH THE CHRISTMAS DINNER? Sure what harm will it do you? I can't figure you out at all!' 'Frankly, I cant figure out why you give a sh1t why someone you're not even spending the day with has a drink or not.'

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Sardonicat I feel your pain as a non-drinker myself. People just don't seem to get that alcohol tastes like muck to some people. What have they against minerals?

My TA is my b!tch of a neighbour. Whenever it is the weekend or I have a day off work, I try to have a bit of a lie in. But no, the cnut goes out to her back garden, sees that my curtains are still drawn and goes up to the bedroom next to mine and starts hammering and banging on the wall in spite to wake me up. I have often left the curtains drawn up till midday on weekends to see if she will bang on the wall if she thinks I'm still in bed and low and behold she does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I don't drink either and people seem to think I'm either an alcoholic or mad. In pre covid times my abstinence was tolerated as I was available as the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Antares35 wrote: »
    I think you win the thread!

If it's any consolation I'm happy I got to see my other half for Christmas morning. We haven't had a chance to do that in years (always in our own parent's house for it). Mother wants to pick me up today and bring me home tomorrow so a silver lining was there at least.

The car is sitting in a retail park until such a day the insurance can go grab it.

Not all doom and gloom.

Happy Christmas to all my fellow grumpy Boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Goodigal

TA that I lay awake from 4.30 to about 6.40am while my children slept soundly. Pondering life at ridiculous o'clock. I'll be wrecked for the day! But there are plenty of tins of quality street for sustenance! Merry Christmas boardsies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Not even 11 o'clock and I already feel sick from chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    There are parts of my run route that I run on the road as the paths are busy and I doubt people want me panting on them as I drag myself past. Unlikely that a car will get infected by covid.

Driving a car is a responsibility to be aware of your surroundings and not be a danger to anyone. If you are driving with due care there is no way you will hit the guy. Give a wide berth. If you have to stop then stop. TA that this needs to be said

I'd be thinking more in terms of risk and risk avoidance. Nobody (I hope! :eek: ) is going full GTA when there's a fella on the road!

Take the double decker bus that turned onto the same road a minute behind him. The road was wide where I passed him, but the bus takes a left onto a narrow road with some severe blind corners after that. If the bus driver has to cross the white line to pass some dude who isn't on the footpath, he's creating a hazard for traffic coming the other way, and everybody on his bus. Of course there's a duty for the bus driver and any driver coming the other way to manage the risks, but are they always going to do it correctly? Is there going to be one/more persons rushing or not paying attention some day? When you create that risk day after day, eventually something is probably going to happen.

How could you go a long, long way to eliminating the risk? Make the prick walk on the footpath provided!

Now, I can be a bit of a hypocrite myself. :o I know - everybody's probably shocked. Once in a blue moon I run a 7k loop around Blackrock - sometimes longer - I've done the exact route in question like three times in total. There's about a 30 second stretch where there isn't footpath on the side I'm running on, and every time I told myself I'll cross to the busier footpath on the other side, but every time there was no traffic coming when I reached that stretch, so I didn't bother. Every single time traffic appeared before I got to the end. It would be fine if there was just a car coming from one side, but every time there was traffic coming from both directions. With cars parked on the street it's quite narrow, and there wasn't room for cars to pass each other and go around me. Luckily, nobody ever tried to squeeze past anyway and run me over.

But I was wrong. I'm risking getting run over for what? Being too lazy to cross the street? No matter how low the risk of getting run over seems, the consequences of it happening are so dire, that I should take precautions to mitigate the risk. In this case, simply crossing the road and running on the footpath reduces my risk to pretty much zero. Even in these covid days I should still be on the busier (but not very busy) footpath. The risks and consequences of a few seconds exposure to me breathing heavily as I pass a few pedestrians, are likely much less severe than me running on the road.

I walk on small semi rural roads mostly but have to use busy road for part of the walk.

I am very concious of motorists being blinded by low sun at this time of the year so wear yellow reflective vest but also try to get off the road, where ditch allows it, when a car approaches. I always assume that the driver may not actually see me.

This is particularly important if there are cars coming from both directions.

When driving I have to be aware of other road users and drive accordingly. As pedestrians and cyclists we should take the same care and be road aware, making every effort to avoid dangerous situations and not leave the safety to motorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

TA I'm sick from eating rancheros and skips in the same bowl. Wtf is wrong with me.

Also TA my parents are still away and despite my best intentions not to let their absence get me down, I'm just so sad they've missed their granddaughter's first Christmas. I know things haven't been good for a while, and I'm annoyed with myself for feeling sad. I can't let OH see my crying on our baby's first Christmas day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

TA I'm sick from eating rancheros and skips in the same bowl. Wtf is wrong with me.

Also TA my parents are still away and despite my best intentions not to let their absence get me down, I'm just so sad they've missed their granddaughter's first Christmas. I know things haven't been good for a while, and I'm annoyed with myself for feeling sad. I can't let OH see my crying on our baby's first Christmas day :(

Why can you not let him see you cryin? Your emotional your entitled to cry, besides you'll find many many people are having a cry, especially the year thats in it. Go on girl have a big cry and don't be surprised if he crys with you, happy xmas

• Advertisement

Kylta wrote: »
    Why can you not let him see you cryin? Your emotional your entitled to cry, besides you'll find many many people are having a cry, especially the year thats in it. Go on girl have a big cry and don't be surprised if he crys with you, happy xmas

I suppose it just feels wrong, when we are so blessed :)

I wonder what kind of new year it will be, I'm always wary of that whole "thank god that's over, next year couldn't possibly be any worse" thing in case it puts the mockers on it! :D

Glad you're counting your blessings and realising you can't expect too much from your parents. You will have lovely memories of this and all the Christmasses to come.

Resolve to bethe best parent you can and enjoy the little one.

I had a lovely day with my son and his family.

wildwillow wrote: »
    Glad you're counting your blessings and realising you can't expect too much from your parents. You will have lovely memories of this and all the Christmasses to come.

Resolve to bethe best parent you can and enjoy the little one.

I had a lovely day with my son and his family.

Yes, apparently even expecting them to be parents is a stretch. I'm already a far better parent than they ever were!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for bloatedness after eating too much :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Fireworks driving the poor dog demented.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

TA putting up with other peoples brussels sprout farts.

Fireworks driving the poor dog demented.
    Fireworks just gone off a few mins ago here and can hear the neighbourhood dogs barking

• Registered Users Posts: 24,592 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Why is it that something is sore, it has a magnet that attracts things to hit it

Got a splinter in my thumb...it got infected. Swelled like a balloon...aching etc. Every opportunity for something to hit off it was gratefully accepted. I did think that maybe it was because it was mahoooosive that nothing could miss it...but I lanced it and when it was closer to normal size (but still tender) everything hit it. A 100% strike rate.

Merry Christmas everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Why is it that something is sore, it has a magnet that attracts things to hit it

Got a splinter in my thumb...it got infected. Swelled like a balloon...aching etc. Every opportunity for something to hit off it was gratefully accepted. I did think that maybe it was because it was mahoooosive that nothing could miss it...but I lanced it and when it was closer to normal size (but still tender) everything hit it. A 100% strike rate.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I hope you got antibiotics for that. I infected my finger before and it went green. I had to go to the doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Herself bought the dogs two balls that make an absolutely ridiculous amount of noise, for the last 3 hours the feckers have been non stop making noise with them

• Registered Users Posts: 24,592 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I hope you got antibiotics for that. I infected my finger before and it went green. I had to go to the doctor.

Yeah I did last Sunday. It went past a point it wasnt going to resolve itself but there was so much in there, the ache was unpleasant. The amount of gunk that came out when I lanced it. Bleurgh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Matching pyjamas and the accompanying family photo on FB.

Although, I find if you zoom in on the "hubby's" face you can tell by his eyes he is thinking: "what have I gotten myself into?"

Accompanied with the cringey slogan “from our house to yours”

Accompanied with the cringey slogan “from our house to yours”

There's only one thing going from house to house in 2020 :D

When you're looking at houses online and the beds always have like a million cushions on them. Just, why? Do tiny people sleep in them? Because there's hardly any room left in the bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

When you're looking at houses online and the beds always have like a million cushions on them. Just, why? Do tiny people sleep in them? Because there's hardly any room left in the bed!

The wimmens do love them.

I think they use them to build pillow forts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The wimmens do love them.

I think they use them to build pillow forts.

To keep them willies away from us :D

I've four memory foam pillows on my bed and a rake of cushions. Anything I am seeing someone they fck the whole lot of them on the floor muttering. Haha.

Why is it that in films, they always have to show graphic scenes of the main characters brushing their teeth? They almost always show someone with a gob full of saliva/ foamy toothpaste, which we then have to watch them spit into the sink and not even rinse away. Why do we need to see this? They don't show them taking a dump, or bringing out the bin, or cleaning up cat vomit, or any of the other mundane shíteology that plagues our daily lives.

Why is it that in films, they always have to show graphic scenes of the main characters brushing their teeth? They almost always show someone with a gob full of saliva/ foamy toothpaste, which we then have to watch them spit into the sink and not even rinse away. Why do we need to see this? They don't show them taking a dump, or bringing out the bin, or cleaning up cat vomit, or any of the other mundane shíteology that plagues our daily lives.

Have you seen Trainspotting? :pac:

Oh god yeah :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

Or Austin Powers.......

..... Evacuation complete !!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement