Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Had too much Chinese food, I've been on this planet nearly 28 years now and I still don't know when to stop eating

We got a Chinese takeaway tonight, I was so looking forward to my usual, and OH suggested trying one further afield because "it had good reviews". It was shíte. Is there anything worse than awful plastic reconstituted chicken.

TA if its not broke don't fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Same here, had Chinese tonight and dreading going to bed as I can't shift that full feeling. Why does it have to taste so nice?

MSG :D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

When you just know someone is an absolute dose by what they say.
    People would want to take a long look at themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Same here, had Chinese tonight and dreading going to bed as I can't shift that full feeling. Why does it have to taste so nice?

Too much salt and sugar.

And MSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Antares35 wrote: »
    We got a Chinese takeaway tonight, I was so looking forward to my usual, and OH suggested trying one further afield because "it had good reviews". It was shíte. Is there anything worse than awful plastic reconstituted chicken.

I hate when that happens.

Like when you change queue in a supermarket and end up getting caught behind someone who drops a glass bottle / needs a void / card declined etc

• Advertisement

TA that my children are going back to school on 6 January.
    That's the last day of Christmas.

When I was in primary & secondary, we never went back until 7 January. And if that fell on a weekend, then it was the 8th or 9th before we had to go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Had Chinese on Xmas eve and tbh it wasn't great, I find the takeaways around this time of year are usually not the best. Saying that I'm already sick of proper food, (if the green party smelt my arse after all them sprouts, they put a tax on me). So I'm off to have a mixed kebab for my dinner (if I'm lucky He won't serve me up any unwanted pets that were dumped for the Xmas)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Antares35 wrote: »

If you find a good Chinese, you stick with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When you just know someone is an absolute dose by what they say.
    People would want to take a long look at themselves.

When cv started we sent out a message to family and friends to say the annual Christmas/NY parties weren't happening. Some of this group have recovered from the virus and others are at high risk.

For various reasons I can't stand this time of year and the false jollity that can go with it, everyone knows this about me most accept this.

Christmas freaking eve I get a message asking if they can drop in over Christmas day as usual(tho they are in the opposite end of the country), I fobbed them off with a reminder of a million bdays in Feb. Their son has been borderline harassing me for an invite to NY, then yes, I made him aware of the travel restrictions and how busy I'm with uni/work, etc.

When this didn't work he asked me to get a permission letter from MY job for him to give to anyone who queried his traveling over here. I would be speechless except that they would take that as consent and arrive on the doorstep anyway.
    I didn't think my opinion of humans could get any lower at the moment, till this crap started.

*Yes I have checked that there is not any form of DV or anything like that at play.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for people who wipe off condensation on car windows with their hands - stop leaving streaks/marks on the window of my car :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ok, it’s hardly trivial but.....

My Dad for about 20 years has been involved in a religious charitable organization that help disadvantaged people from those who are homeless to people with homes / accommodation but who are struggling.

This year an indoor event that they usually run at Christmas to feed, clothe and help people was canceled... they applied to the relevant state body for an exemption but that was turned down, correctly.

The organization then decided that they couldn’t obviously run the food event... but thinking ‘outside’ the box they wanted to deliver clothing parcels... to do this it was suggested that volunteers would use their houses as storage / distribution hubs.... that would involve people from the organization calling to homes, including my Dads, to load up vans with these packages... people who are being in contact with high numbers of people through their work, in contact with disadvantaged people, some with addiction, health, mental health issues.... then traipsing through my folks place a few times a week and being in unavoidable close contact helping shift these boxes daily for a week or more...

My mother on finding out went proper fûcking spanner at the idea of a load of people in contact with them traipsing through the gaff... made the unprecedented decision instruct my dad to call them ... gave the ultimatum if he didn’t she’d call the head twat and issue an awful bollocking herself..which has happened but in the meantime this shower are nonstop on the phone looking for ways to tweak the arrangement and involve my dad in their plans.. he is now steadfastly refusing...thankfully but the phone keeps ringing.., both are now stressed... as am I a bit.

I’m in his position it’s “ NO, you have been told, I don’t want any more contact or conversation regarding this, when covid is over we speak again but for now I’m done, i and family cannot facilitate.” Of course he is too nice.. his radar right through his life has been to give, to help... now that isn’t possible his head and his heart aren’t in alignment.

I obviously can’t name this organization , I’d love to but my dad has done huge volumes of great work with them for about 20 years, his thanks is to be bullied and harassed into potentially risking his health and that of his family so they can enable their goals..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I was ill during the night. And all day today i feel knackered.

I jut want to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Flashing lights and blurry vision , ocular migraines are a pita.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA the Glenroes are setting in.

Off for nearly a week. At least it will be a short week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My tongue destroyed in blisters. I didn't embed the picture as it's gross.

My tongue destroyed in blisters. I didn't embed the picture as it's gross.

What caused that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Driving one on Monday.

Was parking in Tescos. Indicated left that I was going to reverse park in and was just about to reverse back when numpty decides to use the parking spots to pass me on the inside. If I was 2 seconds quicker getting it into reverse gear there would have been a crash.

He had parked a bit further up and was in his car so was tempted to go and ask him what the fk he was thinking!! There's a lot of **** driving these days but this is a new one for me.

People dumping cardboard in the domestic waste section of the local recycling centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Why do people have to bring their whole family to walk around a shop browsing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The Die Hard WW threads that keep appearing on the front page. I do a double-take every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

People who insist they have food intolerances and allergies and demand a mad range of food. I will happily cater for any genuine food needs. Not for people who are gluten intolerant one day but will happily eat a cake the next.

Then there was the friend who went from diabetic to dessert eater within an hour, and the issue of blood sugar was never again mentioned.

Vegan, vegetarian, even if you eat chicken and fish, fine. No problem.

I won't insist you eat mushrooms or cheese or whatever you don't like it and will avoid those ingredients if you tell me in advance.

But you had onions in your takeaway last night and now won't eat them today as you are allergic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mimon wrote: »
    Driving one on Monday.

Was parking in Tescos. Indicated left that I was going to reverse park in and was just about to reverse back when numpty decides to use the parking spots to pass me on the inside. If I was 2 seconds quicker getting it into reverse gear there would have been a crash.

He had parked a bit further up and was in his car so was tempted to go and ask him what the fk he was thinking!! There's a lot of **** driving these days but this is a new one for me.

Standard of driving has and is nosediving. Doesn’t seem to be a particular demographic of individual responsible it’s arseholes everywhere.

Strumms wrote: »
      Standard of driving has and is nosediving. Doesn’t seem to be a particular demographic of individual responsible it’s arseholes everywhere.

Will agree on Xmas day, I seen so many people running reds lights, I actually thought the traffic lights sequences were changed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Kylta wrote: »

Will agree on Xmas day, I seen so many people running reds lights, I actually thought the traffic lights sequences were changed

At this stage, I think it's more remarkable when the lights change and no one breaks the lights to some degree.
        It's a national pastime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

I hate when drivers slowly start to edge out from a side road.

Just wait till I pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Pedestrians walking towards traffic on the edge of the road, when there is a perfectly serviceable footpath at the other side. It's suicidal behaviour this time of year with the low sun/longer shadows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

People pronouncing coupons as keyewpons, it's coop-ons.

People pronouncing coupons as keyewpons, it's coop-ons.

I wonder if the skewls will be re-opening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Kylta wrote: »
        What caused that?

I don't know. It's sore though.

• Advertisement

I don't know. It's sore though.

Where you drinking from a manky glass? Did you not see a doc or go chemist, they might give you something for it

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement