Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Kylta wrote: »
    Where you drinking from a manky glass? Did you not see a doc or go chemist, they might give you something for it

I was not drinking from a manky glass. I'll have to go to the chemist I suppose. I washed my mouth out in salt water already.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I was not drinking from a manky glass. I'll have to go to the chemist I suppose. I washed my mouth out in salt water already.

Hope you get it sorted. If you find out what caused it could you let me know?

Kylta wrote: »
    Hope you get it sorted. If you find out what caused it could you let me know?

I have an auto immune disease so I guess that could be one reason. I get them all the time. Do you suffer from them as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I have an auto immune disease so I guess that could be one reason. I get them all the time. Do you suffer from them as well?

No, I haven't had blisters in years, and funny enough the last time I got them it was of a manky glass. There is so much different sh¡t going around at the moment, I'm just wondering that maybe it was viral thing or something. Hey you look after yourself and keep well Surrep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I woke up early this morning with an excruciating pain in my right knee. Couldn't get back to sleep, then when I finally got up, I couldn't walk on it. Felt like I had done some serious damage, with the knee gradually swelling more and more.

After some extensive icing, its feeling a little less painful, and I'm more mobile, but I'm TA'd at how random and bizarre this is. Have never had a problem with this knee before, and haven't been doing any extreme exercise, just a daily walk and the usual pottering around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My tongue destroyed in blisters. I didn't embed the picture as it's gross.

I have coeliac disease, and can get mouth ulcers and blisters if I ingest gluten. Have you ever been tested for it? I hope it clears up, looks sore.

madmaggie wrote: »
    I have coeliac disease, and can get mouth ulcers and blisters if I ingest gluten. Have you ever been tested for it? I hope it clears up, looks sore.

Yeah I have been tested about four times and came back negative. Thanks. It's actually very annoying as the tongue is so sensitive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I woke up early this morning with an excruciating pain in my right knee. Couldn't get back to sleep, then when I finally got up, I couldn't walk on it. Felt like I had done some serious damage, with the knee gradually swelling more and more.

After some extensive icing, its feeling a little less painful, and I'm more mobile, but I'm TA'd at how random and bizarre this is. Have never had a problem with this knee before, and haven't been doing any extreme exercise, just a daily walk and the usual pottering around.

Gout maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Gout maybe?

Was literally just reading up on that, I always associated it with the toes. Hasn't been the healthiest Christmas I've ever had, so the January health kick will start early

Pedestrians walking towards traffic on the edge of the road, when there is a perfectly serviceable footpath at the other side. It's suicidal behaviour this time of year with the low sun/longer shadows.

dressed in black, no torch, at dusk ...........or cycling in black with no lights.....accident waiting to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

dressed in black, no torch, at dusk ...........or cycling in black with no lights.....accident waiting to happen.
    No excuse for it when you can get free hi-viz gear now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've had this a few times - to the point where I'd need crutches to walk. But it passes after a day or so.
    I have also had gout in my big toe.
    I'm pretty sure the knee thing is gout, too.

My magic solution is cider vinegar (a pub measure approx) and half of teaspoon of bread soda mixed with a little water and gulped down.

Cut down/out beer and red meat for a bit.

I was repeatedly plagued for a few years but haven't had an attack in about 3 or 4 years.
    If I feel the toe or knee feeling a little knarky, I'm straight on the cider vinegar and bs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA threads not updating again

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Just realised that breakfast today was a few Scots Clan sweets and a cup of tea. Post Christmas health kick now rescheduled for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

2 things are ta me today

1. Washing,where the hell does it come from.
    Only put away a load of clothes 2 days ago.And now i have to do it all again.

2. Going in to a deli with enough staff to serve you.
    Only they don't.1 is making someone a roll.
    The other person is toddling around at the back.

They don't even acknowledge you.
    I left,wasn't standing there like a lemon any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Washing my hair. I really can't describe how much I hate doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭bnt

TA-ed at “parcel tracking” that isn’t. I have two separate packages on the way from the UK: one of them says “dispatched” but the tracking link just returns “no information”. The other one says “dispatched” and has a DHL tracking number, and all DHL’s system says is “tracking number received”. Both are already late and will probably arrive without warning.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dial Hard wrote: »

Funnily, ever since I gave myself a covid buzz cut I hate that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is my phone cover. I've a penchant for dropping, and breaking, phones so I got a protective cover. Only to take screen shots etc it's so much easier to take it out of the cover

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im seriously considering a buzz cut. My hair is doing my nut in.
    Lifeless,Knotty crappy hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Could we please drop the Irish at the end of M. Martin's covid broadcasts on TV? No one has a clue what he's saying, so what's the point?

Could we please drop the Irish at the end of M. Martin's covid broadcasts on TV? No one has a clue what he's saying, so what's the point?

We are Irish. Deal with it.

We are Irish. Deal with it.

Could you tell me what he said?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I personally hadn't a rashers but the fact that he said it bothers me not a jot.

I personally hadn't a rashers but the fact that he said it bothers me not a jot.

Fair enough. But it annoys me. Trivially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

He said "im going to say the rest in irish, just to wind up those gobs***s who moan about it on the internet".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

He regularly says thanks, so there's that.

TA at another round of restrictions. I know they're necessary, but meh.

• In keeping with the title of the thread, I’m TA’d at my cat. Bless her furry soul she keeps slinking between my legs when I’m out with her, but she’s had me accidentally walk on her paw twice now and won’t stop doing it! So if I need to take a few steps it takes flipping ages cos I’m trying to be as careful as I can. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TA at another round of restrictions. I know they're necessary, but meh.

I never thought I would say this, considering how much I loved WFH at the beginning, but God I would love to back in the office and to chat to the usual gang.

I wouldn't mind WFH one or two days a week but 5 days a week since March is a bit much now.

• Advertisement

I did lower level Irish up till 6 months before the Leaving then did Honours and managed to do quite well but that was years ago. I had to do it in order to be able to teach later on. It was my worst subject but I still tried. It is our native language and it is good to see it represented even if it is only a small bit. I believe he is a fluent speaker and more luck to him. Even Leo V addressed a little bit in Irish during his announcements.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement