Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

That Chris Rea song Road To Hell came on the radio and I forgot what a great tune it is, but always reminds me of the horrendous RSA ad, so that’s TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

When people close the toilet door after them when they're done, after a wee. Theres something really upperclass about it. My housemate has started doing this the last few weeks and its grinding my gears no end as I always think theres someone always in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at the type of people who begrudge certain professions (particularly sports) by trivialising it to make it sound less engaging than it actually is.

Examples:

Football is just a bunch of guys kicking a ball around.
    Wrestling is just a bunch of sweaty dudes grabbing each other.
    etc. etc.

This comes fresh off the news that Lewis Hamilton is going to be knighted, and some load of dour-faced crybabies are raging over it because he got it for "driving a car in circles, sure I could do that"

Someone responded to a comment like that, and said "he happens to be the best at it" and the same begrudger responded "I'm the best at my job. Where's my knighthood?"

Would you ever give over like for f*ck sake, you miserable yoke.

Some people just have no ability to be happy for others no matter what it is. If you're jealous of someone else's success, have a look at why you're not, or why you think you're not, instead of blaming them first. Americans see this in a different light. If you're American and you see someone becoming successful in life, it encourages you and inspires you to think "I want to get to that stage in my life", whereas in Britain and Ireland, if you see the same person becoming successful, they're automatically a prat, no matter how much effort is put into it - the successful person could've came from sweet F.A. and decided to do something about it, takes 20 years to get to where he/she is, and all of a sudden they're a pr1ck.

Makes no sense to me.

Anyway, rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

How impatient people can be, I got a message from a friend on messager there, I was typing my reply when I got another two messages, saying 'you there?', 'tell me what to do', give me a chance like

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

When people close the toilet door after them when they're done, after a wee. Theres something really upperclass about it. My housemate has started doing this the last few weeks and its grinding my gears no end as I always think theres someone always in there.

How do you know it was a wee :D Only evil people leave the door open after a cr*p so they can stink the house out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Could you tell me what he said?

He said:

Beidh spiorad na meithle, aire, cúram agus foighne ag teastáil san míonna amach romhainn go dtí go dtiocfaidh éifeacht na vaisciní i bhfeidhm. Idir an dalinn, caithfimid a bheith ciallmhar agus cúramach agusna srianta Leibhéal a Cúig seo a leanúint. Táim cinntego dtiocfaimid slán. Caithfimid a bheith dóchasach.

Mar a deir an seanfhocal, is é an dóchas lia gach anró.
    Beannachtaí na hAthbhliana oraibh uilig.

Go raibh maith agaibh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People using the bread knife to butter bread and not cleaning the excess butter off the bread knife

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

TA at the type of people who begrudge certain professions (particularly sports) by trivialising it to make it sound less engaging than it actually is.

Examples:

Football is just a bunch of guys kicking a ball around.
    Wrestling is just a bunch of sweaty dudes grabbing each other.
    etc. etc.

This comes fresh off the news that Lewis Hamilton is going to be knighted, and some load of dour-faced crybabies are raging over it because he got it for "driving a car in circles, sure I could do that"

Someone responded to a comment like that, and said "he happens to be the best at it" and the same begrudger responded "I'm the best at my job. Where's my knighthood?"

Would you ever give over like for f*ck sake, you miserable yoke.

Some people just have no ability to be happy for others no matter what it is. If you're jealous of someone else's success, have a look at why you're not, or why you think you're not, instead of blaming them first. Americans see this in a different light. If you're American and you see someone becoming successful in life, it encourages you and inspires you to think "I want to get to that stage in my life", whereas in Britain and Ireland, if you see the same person becoming successful, they're automatically a prat, no matter how much effort is put into it - the successful person could've came from sweet F.A. and decided to do something about it, takes 20 years to get to where he/she is, and all of a sudden they're a pr1ck.

Makes no sense to me.

Anyway, rant over.

Let me help you edit that a little.

Begrudgery.

Your welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

He said:

Beidh spiorad na meithle, aire, cúram agus foighne ag teastáil san míonna amach romhainn go dtí go dtiocfaidh éifeacht na vaisciní i bhfeidhm. Idir an dalinn, caithfimid a bheith ciallmhar agus cúramach agusna srianta Leibhéal a Cúig seo a leanúint. Táim cinntego dtiocfaimid slán. Caithfimid a bheith dóchasach.

Mar a deir an seanfhocal, is é an dóchas lia gach anró.
    Beannachtaí na hAthbhliana oraibh uilig.

Go raibh maith agaibh.

It’s a quote from the old series from Hill St.Blues.

“Be careful out there.. let’s do it to them before they do it to you”

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Could you tell me what he said?

Ciunas, cailin, bothar, bainne.
    Caca milis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I watched “A Star is Born” last night....the Lady Gaga version.
    What a crock of aul sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I'm just so bored.
    I'm not even in the humour of drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

NYE even more sh1t than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Work appointments a proofreader as we have so many ppl who would go to town on the co if they could construe what is written in a way that suits their agenda.

I sent an email asking that the email message and not the attachment on the client's message, be read and corrected b4 it sent back to me. Last night I got three messages, 'what do you want me to do? what email/this(the one it's attached to)email? I'll look at it tomorrow'(it should go out this am).

FFS !!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Businesses that may be impacted by the lockdown not updating their online information, so I don't know what if any changes there are to their hours.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Businesses that may be impacted by the lockdown not updating their online information, so I don't know what if any changes there are to their hours.

They probably barely know themselves.....especially if they may be impacted! These new restrictions were only announced officially last night....... and it is Christmas week after all. :rolleyes:

They probably barely know themselves.....especially if they may be impacted! These new restrictions were only announced officially last night....... and it is Christmas week after all. :rolleyes:

I get that, but everyone knew this was coming, so at least provisional arrangements could have been made known to the sm staff, lots of ppl wfh and in hands-on would need access to these businesses today. Those ppl will now bring their money elsewhere.

TA I seem to have been appointed googler in chief for at least three branches, each one of them has a computer and competent computer skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Passive aggression. A family member sent a Christmas card addressed to my family, but with my name dropped off the inside of the card. What a cu next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm boreder than a big bag of bored boards.

BORED.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I'm boreder than a big bag of bored boards.

BORED.

Me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Antares35 wrote: »
    Passive aggression. A family member sent a Christmas card addressed to my family, but with my name dropped off the inside of the card. What a cu next Tuesday.

Passive/aggressive, I'm hearing a lot of that saying these days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm frozen. The heating isn't on enough and I had to put gloves on. I don't know should I turn on the mains for a few hours. This is like despot city.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

a 12 year old kid in the uk is suing tik tok for collecting user data,
    first off i do not think anyone under 15 should be allowed to open a social media account.
    tik tok in theory allows only 13 year olds to use the service .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

TA at being made feel like a nag by simply asking someone a question they don't want to answer.

My ex lied to me yesterday about something really trivial, a pointless lie. When I asked why did you lie to me, he got really defensive and changed the subject. He let out a big sigh the way a teenager would and made me feel like a nag for asking why I'd been lied to.

TA when people lie for seemingly no reason. Why bother? The lie my ex told was so ridiculous but it makes me not trust him and we are already on very shaky ground.

My new years resolution is get better taste in men. I always seem to wind up with absolute twats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Porklife wrote: »
    TA at being made feel like a nag by simply asking someone a question they don't want to answer.

My ex lied to me yesterday about something really trivial, a pointless lie. When I asked why did you lie to me, he got really defensive and changed the subject. He let out a big sigh the way a teenager would and made me feel like a nag for asking why I'd been lied to.

TA when people lie for seemingly no reason. Why bother? The lie my ex told was so ridiculous but it makes me not trust him and we are already on very shaky ground.

My new years resolution is get better taste in men. I always seem to wind up with absolute twats!!

I usually go for the ones with big cocks and that's what they turn out to be, massive cocks :pac:

(Just trying to cheer you up!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I usually go for the ones with big cocks and that's what they turn out to be, massive cocks :pac:

Haha it's funny cos it's true!! Most guys with big dicks are big dicks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Kylta wrote: »
    Passive/aggressive, I'm hearing a lot of that saying these days

And? Does it TA you ?

Antares35 wrote: »
    And? Does it TA you ?

It's actually nothing to do with me, it's people moaning about other people, where in the past they were just normal dickheads, now all of a sudden their passive/aggressive?

I'm off topic here, but how's your blisters?

• Advertisement

Porklife wrote: »

Why ask the question in the first place? And an ex is usually an ex for a reason. In regards to looking for a real man it's a pity that I'm on a sabbatical from women at the moment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement