Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That should give you a lift.

It's strapping down I need!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Archeron

People who stare you on the street like you just appeared from a wormhole riding a dragon. As you get closer, them still gawking, you say hello and then they act like you've just shot them.
    If you're going to stare into my soul at least have the decency to say hello back.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dial Hard wrote: »

I think you need a different kind of website for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

As long as you’re getting the support you need.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Archeron wrote: »
    People who stare you on the street like you just appeared from a wormhole riding a dragon. As you get closer, them still gawking, you say hello and then they act like you've just shot them.
    If you're going to stare into my soul at least have the decency to say hello back.
    Thanks a thousand. You have been reading my mail ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

That's cause they 'like' you apparently.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

It’s coz they’re not sure if it’s you or not....with masks on I sometimes think I’m certain I’m looking at someone I know,then at the last second I have to look away (or risk mortifying yself with a hearty hello to someone I don’t know from Adam):eek:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

jojofizzio wrote: »
    It’s coz they’re not sure if it’s you or not....with masks on I sometimes think I’m certain I’m looking at someone I know,then at the last second I have to look away (or risk mortifying yself with a hearty hello to someone I don’t know from Adam):eek:eek:
    This has been happening to me for years long before masks.
    It is not a quizzical 'do I know you?' sort of look either, more of a something they scraped off the sole of their shoe type look.
    Turning into a shocked and infuriated 'how dare you address me you pathetic peasant' look when you say hello to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

This has been happening to me for years long before masks.
    It is not a quizzical 'do I know you?' sort of look either, more of a something they scraped off the sole of their shoe type look.
    Turning into a shocked and infuriated 'how dare you address me you pathetic peasant' look when you say hello to them.

Sorry....my bad....the above example is what I’m experiencing lately...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Normally if someone is staring at me I just give them a little wink or if a car overtakes you on the motorway sometimes the passenger will look at you, I either wink or blow them a kiss they tend to look away in disgust

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,485 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The way Micheál Martin talks with his hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

All I want is a long hug.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Can't post in the cat thread as it's been closed.

Why is it when asked abou whether they like cats or not, so many people start talking about dogs? You weren't asked about dogs.

Also why do many people think that liking cats and dogs is mutually exclusive?

I love both! The only people I can't relate to are those who don't like animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Went to bring out rubbish to the bin and before I knew it, was flat on my back. Very icy out there. Elbow grazed and stings a bit - otherwise seems to be ok although I expect to feel the bruises tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Just ate a small packet of dolly mixture and now feel sick as a dog :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Same TA as usual....neighbours are still absolute bellends. At this very moment hoovering their kitchen (behind my bedroom) and shouting to each other. Thank God I'm moving out soon but it's going to be a long few weeks. I hope I don't end up with more awful neighbours in my next place.

Forgot to put the car in the garage, effort of having to defrost the car in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

TA'd by MONDAY. WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE. I hate everyone and everyone can go fcuk off. The End.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I'm 193 minutes back at work and I'm already sick to the teeth of the term on-boarding. I see use of office-isms has not been made a capital offence during my maternity leave. Very disappointed.

Also builders outside/ next door. I get that there will be building type noises and banging etc but for the love of Christ stop guffawing and cackling like hyenas on crack. My ears are bleeding. Go away.

Next door's yippity rat of a dog out barking at 5.20 this morning. The lady of the house doesn't sleep well and often goes out for a cigarette in the middle of the night, fine, no problem there but for fcuk's sake leave the dog inside.

Only the alarm was on I'd have gone full fishwife out the window at her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Can anyone help with this..

When in training, at postman school, do potential postpersons get
    Special instruction on lawn destruction?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have a prize lawn, and I have no interest in
    Being winner of the local garden of the year contest....but I hate the little
    Track that has developed across the grass...
    A shortcut that saves said postperson about three steps!

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Can anyone help with this..

When in training, at postman school, do potential postpersons get
    Special instruction on lawn destruction?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have a prize lawn, and I have no interest in
    Being winner of the local garden of the year contest....but I hate the little
    Track that has developed across the grass...
    A shortcut that saves said postperson about three steps!

You're lucky thats the only damage they caused you

My sister just came back from walking the dog in genuine hysterics. She couldn't even speak she was so upset, I genuinely thought the dog was after being killed.

Some absolute fcuking scumbag junkie spat in her face in the park.

Obviously this is not just a TA, I'm absolutely incandescent with rage. If I could get my hands on him I would genuinely rupture his ballsack for him.

Utterly, utterly, unbelievably vile thing to do to someone at any time. But actually indescribably cruel and disgusting under the current circumstances.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'd go straight to the Gardaí, that's assault, with all that's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

PsychoPete wrote: »
    You're lucky thats the only damage they caused you

Me box is in rag order after all he shoved in it over the Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

My sister just came back from walking the dog in genuine hysterics. She couldn't even speak she was so upset, I genuinely thought the dog was after being killed.

Some absolute fcuking scumbag junkie spat in her face in the park.

Obviously this is not just a TA, I'm absolutely incandescent with rage. If I could get my hands on him I would genuinely rupture his ballsack for him.

Utterly, utterly, unbelievably vile thing to do to someone at any time. But actually indescribably cruel and disgusting under the current circumstances.

That is such a knackbag thing to do. Oh my god. You are right to be angry.

I didn’t even think of the pandemic which of course makes it worse. It’s a dreadful thing to do at the best of times.

Reminds me of using a dimly lit ATM years ago. Put my hand on the keypad only to realise somebody had spat on it. And they had hocked too. :(

Thanks all. She reported it to the Gardai at the time but was too upset to give a full statement, she just wanted to get home. They're sending someone around later to take the statement but she got the impression they had a good idea who it was.

I've never, ever understood spitting as a habit but as a form of intimidation/assault? Beyond comprehension.

ODB, I think I'd have puked if that had happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thanks all. She reported it to the Gardai at the time but was too upset to give a full statement, she just wanted to get home. They're sending someone around later to take the statement but she got the impression they had a good idea who it was.

I've never, ever understood spitting as a habit but as a form of intimidation/assault? Beyond comprehension.

ODB, I think I'd have puked if that had happened to me.

I hope there is CCTV nearby.
    Vile scumbag cretin.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The "Vax and Go" advert by Ryanair. Basically advertising holiday destinations and encouraging us to vaccinate and go on holidays.

I dunno what it was specifically that annoyed me apart from we're just...not there yet.

I am by no means anti-vaccination. I want everyone to be able to get it, but Ryanair's advert just rubbed me the wrong way. It came across as hasty and ignorant. Not everyone can get the jag yet, and not everywhere in the world is Covid-free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

The "Vax and Go" advert by Ryanair. Basically advertising holiday destinations and encouraging us to vaccinate and go on holidays.

Have they changed it?

It was "jab and go", at one stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement