Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Trying to learn to plait my hair.And i just cant do it.Its really annoying me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd I made a cup of tea and forgot all about it and went to take a sip of it and it stone cold :'(
    Porklife wrote: »
    How very dare you!! On the other hand...you're right:p

ColorfulRewardingIndigobunting-small.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I was waiting ages for a pot to boil for eggs before I realised I hadn't turned on the hob. :mad:

Like they said on Newman and Baddiel show: suicide should never be an option, unless of course you've been waiting ages for the kettle to boil and then noticed that it wasn't plugged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,906 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I was waiting ages for a pot to boil for eggs before I realised I hadn't turned on the hob. :mad:

Like they said on Newman and Baddiel show: suicide should never be an option, unless of course you've been waiting ages for the kettle to boil and then noticed that it wasn't plugged in.

Add to that plugging in phone to charge , and not realising the switch wasn't turned on ..
    Nope not me ...

:o

I went to the supermarket once and the girl at the till was being really polite and cheerful. I took out my bag for life-from a rival supermarket- and I swear her expression hardened slightly, a frost descended and she was quite cool and businesslike to me after that.
    Did she over-react, I did nothing wrong like :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,464 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Connell’s chain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I've got a weird TA.

I used love the Hardy Boys mystery books as a kid....and would love getting them from the library,
    there's nearly 200 in total written by Franklin W Dixon... only....there was no Franklin Dixon...it was a pseudonym used by a collective of over 20 writers....
    I only found this out last year ffs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've got a weird TA.

I used love the Hardy Boys mystery books as a kid....and would love getting them from the library,
    there's nearly 200 in total written by Franklin W Dixon... only....there was no Franklin Dixon...it was a pseudonym used by a collective of over 20 writers....

I'll annoy you more and let you know that msot fo the original 38 books were re-written or edited to make the boyos more respectful of authority and to remove negative or racist remarks!

Can't believe it took a collective of people to write them...

TA'd that there's a rumour there's a new Twilight book on the way. Don't even know if it's true, but if so, that's just a sign of how bad things are getting...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I used love the Hardy Boys mystery books as a kid....and would love getting them from the library, there's nearly 200 in total written by Franklin W Dixon... only....there was no Franklin Dixon...it was a pseudonym used by a collective of over 20 writers.... I only found this out last year ffs

You're after RUINING my childhood.

Used to love them books, knew it was pseudonym, didn't realise it was multitude of writers.

I'll annoy you more and let you know that msot fo the original 38 books were re-written or edited to make the boyos more respectful of authority and to remove negative or racist remarks!

Can't believe it took a collective of people to write them...

TA'd that there's a rumour there's a new Twilight book on the way. Don't even know if it's true, but if so, that's just a sign of how bad things are getting...

Yeah, they started off in the late 1920's..I had a few of the reprints done in the 70's.
    There is a new twilight...I think it's called New Moon...tells thing's from the werewolves side...not sure if it's to run in parallel or is it a prequel.

My daughter is obsessed with the movies...books and Robert Pattinson...she will genuinely go to bed.. watch 1 or 2 of the movies....or read the books....and could do that 5 nights a week.. she actually wants me to book a holiday to that town Forks...wants it more than fcking Disneyland!!

• Advertisement

I've got a weird TA.

I loved them too, used to laugh at Chet the greedy git. Their father in the books was called Franklin as well wasn't he.
    I started to read Nancy Drew books as well until the teacher said to me in front of the entire class 'you know those books are for girls, don't you?' cue riotous laughing. I was mortified and stuck to the HBs after that. Stupid teacher :(

edit Da Hardy might have been Fenton, now I think of it.

I loved them too, used to laugh at Chet the greedy git. Their father in the books was called Franklin as well wasn't he.
    I started to read Nancy Drew books as well until the teacher said to me in front of the entire class 'you know those books are for girls, don't you?' cue riotous laughing. I was mortified and stuck to the HBs after that. Stupid teacher :(

I used read the books too, non-issue here :)
    Used love to watch the both TV series on a Saturday morning too.. think Nancy Drew & Frank Hardy got married in real life...will have to look that up, Parker Stevenson & Pamela Sue Martin... haven't seen the tv series repeated anywhere in over 25 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,881 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I want to show my son , ( 1st confession and communion in a few years ) Monty python's the life of Brian. I think he'd piss himself laughing at it.
    I can't find it on the sky store to buy. It's the only R.E. he needs.
    Where can I get it :(

cj maxx wrote: »
    That I want to show my son , ( 1st confession and communion in a few years ) Monty python's the life of Brian. I think he'd piss himself laughing at it.

It's on Netflix

Snoop Dogg doing an advert for Justeat...and cornrows when he's bald on top...nah man..give it up!

cj maxx wrote: »

Great film, I wish you were my ma/da.

My favourite scene :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The person who diagnosed my dyslexia, giving out to me for showing the traits of being dyslexic!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The word 'whilst'. Yes, not only is this trivial it's completely non sensical but whilst just winds me up and I refuse to use it. It's not because I think it's improper, it's very proper. I don't know what it is. I just hate that word.

Feels good to get that off my chest actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

unsubscribing to good threads - sock puppetry ruins them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

News outlets running the story that Bono turns 60 today, and that he is celebrating it quietly at home.

Whoop de doo. Why is it newsworthy?

• Advertisement

News outlets running the story that Bono turns 60 today, and that he is celebrating it quietly at home.

Whoop de doo. Why is it newsworthy?

It's better than death and economic doom that we've had for the past 2 months.
    It's alright once in a while to have a fluff piece

I'd take death, doom and misery over Bono any day.

I'd take death, doom and misery over Bono any day.

Tbf, himself and the band have laid out €10 million for PPE for Irish health workers, so I'd cut him a little slack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The word 'whilst'. Yes, not only is this trivial it's completely non sensical but whilst just winds me up and I refuse to use it. It's not because I think it's improper, it's very proper. I don't know what it is. I just hate that word.

Feels good to get that off my chest actually!

Probably because it tends to be used by pompous idiots who like to do the Irish Times crossword and complain to ombudsmen and knit kettles and the like. :p

TA daytrippers out even on a manky day like this. Fair enough if you're going for a walk but most of these just drive to a viewing point, sit looking out and then drive home again.

Tbf, himself and the band have laid out €10 million for PPE for Irish health workers, so itd cut him a little slack

Me thinks people get caught up in the figure.

Bono's current net worth is $700 million. He donated a part of $10 million, or 1.4% of his net worth.

My current net worth* is $23200. If I donate 1.4% of that, it's $330ish. So even worse I'd only pay a part of that. Think there's 4 lads in U2? So I'd pay $83ish.

I can't afford to donate that, and he can more than afford to donate his. $10 million is a lot to me, but is not that much to him. And I pay all my taxes fairly. And yes, I'm aware I calculated in $ not €, but it's much of a muchness and proves a point either way.

So fuk U2 and Bono. "Rich person donates a minute fraction of worth" - €10 million is but a drop in the ocean of the projected €1 billion PPE will cost per year.

* According to some online calculator.

Begrudgery would be a minor TA :D

Begrudgery would be a minor TA :D

I wouldn't begrudge someone something they deserve. I will begrudge a millionaire avoiding tax in his home country which he "loves", donating a fraction of his wealth and telling me how I should be giving away all my money to the poor. He's a knob on top of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I wouldn't begrudge someone something they deserve. I will begrudge a millionaire avoiding tax in his home country which he "loves", donating a fraction of his wealth and telling me how I should be giving away all my money to the poor. He's a knob on top of it.

Ireland is a country that has allowed a trillion $ of tax to be avoided via the IFSC.

U2 took advantage of legal tax reliefs in countries with whom Ireland have double tax agreements. Thereby any avoidance on the part of U2 was with the 'blessing' of the Irish govt.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Ireland is a country that has allowed a trillion $ of tax to be avoided via the IFSC.

U2 took advantage of legal tax reliefs in countries with whom Ireland have double tax agreements. Thereby any avoidance on the part of U2 was with the 'blessing' of the Irish govt.

Nobody forced them to change from Ireland to the Netherlands when Ireland capped the tax-free earnings of artists at €250k.

Anyway, TA'd i'm letting myself get drawn into a back and forth about Ufukin2. I'm out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Snoop Dogg doing an advert for Justeat...and cornrows when he's bald on top...nah man..give it up!

I agree,the other ad with Harvey Keitel is another one i cant stand.Its not even funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement