Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

New Home wrote: »
    Would you like a cuppa? I just made a pot... :pac:
    c29b3b6316205162825d561aa262d8ab.gif

Ah...well er... I'm trying to cut down Homey. Some other time maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

As part of trying to improve my diet a little, I've been trying out some new things. For instance, I made a stew using aubergine as a meat substitute at the weekend, and while unexciting, its something I'm comfortable making every once in a while in future

However, today I tried kale, and to be honest, it should come with a warning on the package. I've nearly taken off into orbit this evening, and will need to leave a window open for an hour or two yet. I now seem to be in the next phase which may involve calling a plumber if it continues

This can't be a normal reaction, can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I made a stew using aubergine as a meat substitute at the weekend,

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bvl6gtt6sbkvdpfijf8d6iriolyzs132gizxqdg4r&rid=giphy.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

As part of trying to improve my diet a little, I've been trying out some new things. For instance, I made a stew using aubergine as a meat substitute at the weekend, and while unexciting, its something I'm comfortable making every once in a while in future

Unexciting seems to be the norm with vegan food ime. Unfilling is another adjective I could use.
    TA that animal products are so tasty and satisfying. I would love to be a vegan and have the moral high ground but failed miserably.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Unexciting seems to be the norm with vegan food ime. Unfilling is another adjective I could use.
    TA that animal products are so tasty and satisfying. I would love to be a vegan and have the moral high ground but failed miserably.

The only way I could be vegetarian or vegan is if the only way to eat meat was you had to slaughter the animal first. That would be a hard pass from me, I'd spend the rest of my days eating leaves and what not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Just spent the best part of 2 hours trying to order stuff from decathlon...

Fill the basket 14/15 items get to checkout and it won't let me continue.....

First time to order online with them so I think well maybe I need to have an account.....set it up

Shopping basket is now empty

Travel through it all again and only have 12 items...can't remember what the other 2/3 items were and at this stage I'm fed up.

Then I get to what I thought was delivery address, but turned out to be billing (that one is on me as I really should update my bank account....it's still registered to my mams address) ...so anyway fix that up

Shopping basket now has 28 items in it....wtf....it had updated the "first order" so everything bar the missing items are in duplicate....sort that out.

Now the summary looks like where I may have ordered one top in a couple of differentcolours I'm getting all the same colours.....sort that out.

Finally get to credit card details...please wait until we verify.....spools...."your shopping cart is empty".......I may have had a "john mcenroe moment"

Shut the page down fuming.... however did check email...looks like the order went through....God only knows what will be delivered.

And no, I'm not a new year let's get fit...I was ordering snug fleeces for curling up watching tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm still whinging. My tongue is burning sore. I don't know do I need stronger drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Night owl gal

Very trival but closing your account on a whim, when you're back, finding the threads you used to follow and re follow them again

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm still whinging. My tongue is burning sore. I don't know do I need stronger drugs.

Go to your GP, it could be aphtae, a fungal infection or something else and may indeed need stronger stuff than OTC medication.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

New Home wrote: »
    Go to your GP, it could be aphtae, a fungal infection or something else and may indeed need stronger stuff than OTC medication.

I have oral antibiotics for it from the doctor but little improvement yet. I will have to ring my GP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Washing machine packed in the other day, electrical fault.
    I called a local repair man on his landline yesterday and he sounded half asleep, told me to text him my name and address and he'd get back to me. I told him I didn't have his mobile which is why I rang his landline.
    He gave me his mobile number but never got back to me.
    How hard is it? I want to give him money for his services and my house is Covid free.
    Anyway, I called the place I bought the machine from and got a number for a much better guy. Should have done that in the first instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Being a 'full kit wanker' is starting to not be a thing. So many parents dressed their kids in full kits, and these kids have now grown up and see nothing wrong with wearing full kit. Some day I'll call someone a full kit wanker and they won't even know what I mean! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,499 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

I don't know if I could ever go full vegan but I've found this is a reasonable substitute for chicken and performs ok with pasta and stirfries. The thing I find with meat substitutes is that they're dry and a bit dull.

TA that milk is just so much better than the awful vegan alternatives. I'd love to swap it out but I've tried almond, oat & soy alternatives and only the soy was just about consumable.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have always advised ppl to face life issues they find hard, head-on, and to tell the truth as much as possible in the situation.

TA I didn't take my own advice and almost drove myself crazy for almost three days because of it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The place does be so bare, cold and depressing looking when the xmas decorations come down :(
    I was even considering becoming one of those eccentrics who just leave them up till next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The place does be so bare, cold and depressing looking when the xmas decorations come down :(
    I was even considering becoming one of those eccentrics who just leave them up till next year.

We left ours up til Paddy's Day one year and put an Ireland scarf on it :D

TA the covid builders (well I'm convinced they've covid with all their coughing) were smoking inside the house this morning. What the actual fúck is wrong with people. Even when I smoked myself way back, I never smoked in my own house, never mind someone else's. It's just so ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I had an anxiety dream that I travelled to the US and realised when I arrived that I forgot my work laptop and FREAKED OUT. New Year Same Stressed Out Me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Trying to put up a car for sale, all I get from done deal is "can't upload photo" be handy if they could tell me why

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Washing machine packed in the other day, electrical fault.
    I called a local repair man on his landline yesterday and he sounded half asleep, told me to text him my name and address and he'd get back to me. I told him I didn't have his mobile which is why I rang his landline.
    He gave me his mobile number but never got back to me.
    How hard is it? I want to give him money for his services and my house is Covid free.
    Anyway, I called the place I bought the machine from and got a number for a much better guy. Should have done that in the first instance.
    Hate that appliances aren't made to be fixed anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Trying to put up a car for sale, all I get from done deal is "can't upload photo" be handy if they could tell me why

Ain’t nothing but a mistake.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

cj maxx wrote: »
    Hate that appliances aren't made to be fixed anymore.

I agree, this throwaway society only contributes to landfill and pollution. This machine is 8 years old and has never given any trouble, I'm not letting it go without a fight!

TA that when I rang the number I got for the repair guy he told me he'd been in my area last night.... if I'd rang the number yesterday instead of this morning I'd have it fixed now. So I'll just have to wait a day or so.

Verbosity is pushed as a great attribute to have these days.

Most of the time the gift of the gab is just someone trying to cover their insecurities by babbling away 90 and not really saying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Antares35 wrote: »

TA the covid builders (well I'm convinced they've covid with all their coughing) were smoking inside the house this morning. What the actual fúck is wrong with people. Even when I smoked myself way back, I never smoked in my own house, never mind someone else's. It's just so ignorant.

In my experience, ever builder is a cnut in their work sphere.
    Perhaps they are lovely in their private lives but when it comes to their work, every one I've had dealings with were lying cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

Trivially infuriated by bin liners. Our trusty regular brand never seems to be available any more, so we have to find a new one. Bought these "Extra Strong" refuse sacks, but this is what happened when I removed the label wrapped around them. (I turned the bin bag upside down over the back of a kitchen chair to make it easier to see).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Trivially infuriated by bin liners. Our trusty regular brand never seems to be available any more, so we have to find a new one. Bought these "Extra Strong" refuse sacks, but this is what happened when I removed the label wrapped around them. (I turned the bin bag upside down over the back of a kitchen chair to make it easier to see).

and you bought the branded ones as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Antares35 wrote: »

You must be happy with today’s news ;)

My TA is the gas heater is leaking gas, I was wondering why I was feeling so sleepy, it wasn’t till i was beside it I could hear the hissing sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Autosport wrote: »

My TA is the gas heater is leaking gas, I was wondering why I was feeling so sleepy, it wasn’t till i was beside it I could hear the hissing sound.

I think that's a wee bit more than a TA!

Emotional immaturity. People who ignore you because you don't share their views or act in the same way as them. I'm not everyone's cup of tea but I'm not a bad person and sometimes I feel left out. Even more TA'd that I care.
    My teenage self is being triggered :p

I find the ones from hardware stores/builder providers work the best......in the kitchenware section not specifically "heavy heavy duty" if ya get me.

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »

You are extremely lucky you heard that!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement