Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Autosport wrote: »
    You must be happy with today’s news ;)

My TA is the gas heater is leaking gas, I was wondering why I was feeling so sleepy, it wasn’t till i was beside it I could hear the hissing sound.

Why? They haven't shown a scrap of regard for safeguards to date, I doubt they will suddenly start to comply!

TA people who change login credentials for various sites while I am on leave and then trying to get the new ones is like pulling teeth. I know they say knowledge is power but not fúckin like that Martha.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Antares35 wrote: »
    Why? They haven't shown a scrap of regard for safeguards to date, I doubt they will suddenly start to comply!

TA people who change login credentials for various sites while I am on leave and then trying to get the new ones is like pulling teeth. I know they say knowledge is power but not fúckin like that Martha.

You could always report the builders to the gardai if they do continue with the build ;)

My TA now is I now have no heater, I’m finding this weather very cold and I’m constantly cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My TA now is I now have no heater, I’m finding this weather very cold and I’m constantly cold.

I can't get the heat into me at all either....the only time I'm warm is when I have to get out of bed.

Could you try the plug in radiators or if you are feeling flush a dyson fan?

I can't get the heat into me at all either....the only time I'm warm is when I have to get out of bed.

Could you try the plug in radiators or if you are feeling flush a dyson fan?

I now have a hot water bottle on my feet and I’m wrapped up in a fleece throw :) No one will run away with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I now have a hot water bottle on my feet and I’m wrapped up in a fleece throw :) No one will run away with me :D
    HWB is yer only man. The old things are the never beat :cool:

• Advertisement

HWB is yer only man. The old things are the never beat :cool:

Until you touch off them when they've gone cold :D

Until you touch off them when they've gone cold :D
    You're supposed to send himself down for a refill when it gets lukewarm :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And a hat/beanie. And leg warmers on your ankles and wrists. They work wonders.

Sexy beast, wha'?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

New Home wrote: »
    And a hat/beanie. And leg warmers on your ankles and wrists. They work wonders.

Sexy beast, wha'?

:D:D:D

I was just about to post about the cold, the heating might as well be off.

I'm wearing all sorts of warm clothes oddments, an old ratty blanket thrown over me and a hot water bottle at my feet.

Gentlemen, form an orderly queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm wearing all sorts of warm clothes oddments, an old ratty blanket thrown over me and a hot water bottle at my feet.

Would need pics first to confirm the sexiness is real. you could be just teasing us.

• Advertisement

You're supposed to send himself down for a refill when it gets lukewarm :P

Not a feckin hope in that....he'd rob it when it's hot and kick it over to my side when lukewarm.

Wfh has also shown that he's the annoying fecker in the office, who drains the last bit of boiling water in the kettle and never refills and boils it, so half your break is spent waiting on cold water to boil......(I'm not a puritan I don't give a poop if my tea is made from quadrupled boiled water, once I get it quick)

It’s ok I have the long johns bought :D One sexy lady :D

tumblr_pbxt9dxfnk1r239fno1_540.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

You could always report the builders to the gardai if they do continue with the build ;)

That would be a futile exercise indeed.

You should try a hot whiskey - heating from the inside out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That family in the newish Aldi add!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Coming in to add my cold feet to the general coldness TA. I bought extra thick warm socks before Christmas for myself but my feet have been frozen solid the last few days and I can't warm them up at all.

However! I got this as a Christmas present and it is AMAZING. So snuggly. So warm. So soft. Highly recommended. I call it my Totoro.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0851KN668/?coliid=I2FAN2YSUKEPXO&colid=3IODMGDG2ICIB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Oh another TA, what the actual **** America?

I've never tried it but I heard if you sprinkle some cayenne pepper in your socks in the morning it will keep your feet warm all day.
    TA humans need so much sleep. Why haven't we evolved to get by on less, 3 hours maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People filling the kettle just to make a cup of tea, put in enough for the cup and none of this arsing around waiting for a full kettle to boil

I'm waiting on deliveries from the uk.

They were ordered mid December, still no sign of them.

One is from book depository, who infairness are on the slow side at the best of times.

The other was clothing for my sister , it's about 25-27 euro in value, I already paid a tenner for standard royal mail delivery, if it gets hit with customs now I'm going to be seriously pi$$ed off.

But what's annoying me now is how long do I wait until I contact the company..... I don't want to be annoying anyone as I know everyone is stressed out but at the same time the days are slipping past.

I presume the ports are cleared of the backlog at this stage ,can't find much online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

A gaggle of smokers who insist on standing outside the door of our office building

They have their own smoking hut but prefer to partially block the door. Moving 2-3 meters either side clearly too much trouble

And then look me over when I try to squeeze past ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've never tried it but I heard if you sprinkle some cayenne pepper in your socks in the morning it will keep your feet warm all day.
    TA humans need so much sleep. Why haven't we evolved to get by on less, 3 hours maybe?

that sounds like something grandpa simpson would say in the middle of a rambling monologue.

I had to go to the dentist earlier because of a broken tooth. stupid me was sitting in the chair with a mask on wondering why the dentist hadn't started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

The new Lidl family. Jaysus that Da. 'Him, eating fruit out of the fruit bowl'....as opposed to....? It's enough to make you go to Tesco (just kidding I'm not rich)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The word narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Its no a TA but its my mams birthday today and im feeling a bit fragile.
    She would have been 78.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Snow and the stupid noise it makes when you walk on it. When it melts leaves awful slush and puddles of water everywhere. It's so unnecessary

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

mikemac2 wrote: »
    A gaggle of smokers who insist on standing outside the door of our office building

They have their own smoking hut but prefer to partially block the door. Moving 2-3 meters either side clearly too much trouble

And then look me over when I try to squeeze past ??

If you as a non smoker arrive for work 10 minutes late because of traffic, a crash causing traffic congestion etc.. you messaged your boss but when you arrive you get ‘ the look ‘... but said boss is ok with the office smokers DAILY taking 3-4 smoke breaks per shift, during work, not breaks... 15 minute round trip from desk to coffee machine to front door to back again... ohhhh, yes it’s ok for smokers to avail of 45-60 minutes of extra breaks per shift, but you get ‘stuck’ in traffic once a year and it is thought appropriate that it’s said to you...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

dubstarr wrote: »
    Its no a TA but its my mams birthday today and im feeling a bit fragile.
    She would have been 78.

Feel for you, makes no difference how long they’ve been gone - we still need our mammies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

My Christmas jumper just came today and I want to wear it because it looks so warm.

I’m that guy now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

optogirl wrote: »
    The new Lidl family. Jaysus that Da. 'Him, eating fruit out of the fruit bowl'....as opposed to....? It's enough to make you go to Tesco (just kidding I'm not rich)

Nearly all those families are annoying.

Also, the fact that they expect you to believe they saved so much is a tad annoying. Did those families not buy own brand/special offers in their old supermarkets?

• Advertisement

Was in local large Tesco today. The other shoppers wander around in such a stupid fashion. I then went into one of the smaller shops in the same shopping centre. A couple were occupying the space between the cashier and just have a chitat. I bought what I wanted to buy, paid for it, and had to somehow slide out the exit because they continued their barney there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement