Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Our Tesco shopping arrived today. I'd ordered a box of 12 packs of Huggies wipes for a tenner. Instead they gave us a four pack for six euro, boasting in the receipt that even though the item was substituted, we "don't pay any more". Hmmm... Something tells me they have five year olds doing their maths for them...

Also means I now have to go to the shop and risk bringing covid home to my family. What's the point doing any of it online??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Antares35 wrote: »

If you turn down the vaccine you should go to the back of the Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

People who are totally oblivious to what's going on around them. For example, two morons stopping dead in front of me on the footpath yesterday evening causing me to step out onto the road and almost trip and fall over on the edge of the kerb. Yer wan saw me coming but still made no effort whatsoever to move out of the way. Absolutely no cop on whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

People who are totally oblivious to what's going on around them. For example, two morons stopping dead in front of me on the footpath yesterday evening causing me to step out onto the road and almost trip and fall over on the edge of the kerb. Yer wan saw me coming but still made no effort whatsoever to move out of the way. Absolutely no cop on whatsoever.

This was bad in the before times but the other day my husband and I were out for a walk and passed another couple on a narrow footpath. We duly went single file so we could leave as much space as possible between us all. Other couple just continued on their merry way holding hands and actually brushing off my shoulder as they passed us. WE DIDN'T LEAVE THAT SPACE FOR YOU ****WADS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I ordered some items off a local website on Wednesday.
    Yesterday morning I get a phone call saying we have X in stock but not Y and asked is it ok to send X now and send Y when we get it back in stock. I said that's fine, X is more urgent.
    Got a delivery this morning of Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Ads for New Chic. They popped upped out of the blue with very attractive women in lingerie and of course I clicked on it out of curiosity :D

Now is constantly on my computer. Give in and click on it now and again so destined to have these ads forever :pac:

Need to start googling something mundane like the bejaysus so I get less distracting ads, maybe wellies or garden sheds or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Think it's an ego thing with some people. They don't want to be the one to walk behind so won't go in single file. Spanish student syndrome well and truly embedded in our culture now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    This was bad in the before times but the other day my husband and I were out for a walk and passed another couple on a narrow footpath. We duly went single file so we could leave as much space as possible between us all. Other couple just continued on their merry way holding hands and actually brushing off my shoulder as they passed us. WE DIDN'T LEAVE THAT SPACE FOR YOU ****WADS!

This is a regular occurrence. Probably 50% or more of people seem totally unaware of other people and do this.

You also have Mummy and Daddy plus Naoisha and Tarquin on their bicycles on the footpath plus doggie on an extended lead spread across the footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Second attempt to hack my serious email a/c! email co less than no help on this.
    Let's see how they get on trying to hack an empty and deleted a/c.

Ta'ed at the amount of work all this takes.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Trying to finish an assessment, run against a phrase I don't understand.
    The lecture is on hols, class not responding to queries on what they think it is and my grinds teacher not responding(prob cause he thinks there isn't any money in it for him) google isn't any help and anything I can find that matches the phrase assumes knowledge!

If I fail you ppl will automatically assume it's cause I'm stupid, they never ever think it's a lack of support!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bredabe wrote: »
    The lecture is on hols, class not responding to queries on what they think it is and my grinds teacher not responding(prob cause he thinks there isn't any money in it for him) google isn't any help and anything I can find that matches the phrase assumes knowledge!

If I fail you ppl will automatically assume it's cause I'm stupid, they never ever think it's a lack of support!

What is the phrase? maybe somebody here can help.

right so google is'nt forthcoming

try

YouTube - seriously

BING

duckduckgo.com

and

yahoo.com as a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

On the online ordering /delivery thing.

Ordered an item on 29th Nov.
    Stated 2 to 4 weeks build and delivery time.
    Emailed them after 4 weeks - nothing.
    Tried another address yesterday.
    Got back:

"Hey (beer) !

We build right now over 400 (units) on of them is yours we just started on Monday"

That's it! No apology, no estimate of when it will be delivered! I'd instigate a refund from PayPal but I really want the item.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

On the online ordering /delivery thing.

Ordered an item on 29th Nov.
    Stated 2 to 4 weeks build and delivery time.
    Emailed them after 4 weeks - nothing.
    Tried another address yesterday.
    Got back:

"Hey (beer) !

We build right now over 400 (units) on of them is yours we just started on Monday"

That's it! No apology, no estimate of when it will be delivered! I'd instigate a refund from PayPal but I really want the item.

Ordered four things via different suppliers on Etsy on 10 December; got one a week before Xmas; not even a despatch note for the rest :(

What is the phrase? maybe somebody here can help.

I put it on the 3rd level forum and tumbleweed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Yeah, but we're 4th level :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Critical thinking intervention is the phrase....she has asked for examples too.

Infairness bredabe, people have offered to help here, it would have been as easy to reply with a thank you and the phrase.

Critical thinking intervention is the phrase....she has asked for examples too.

Infairness bredabe, people have offered to help here, it would have been as easy to reply with a thank you and the phrase.

A "Critical Thinking Intervention" is any technique or programme that aims to provide or improve critical thinking skills to a group of people (for example students), to benefit them in analysing information.

Some papers on their use and benefits:

https://journals.lww.com/md-journal/Fulltext/2020/08280/Effect_of_a_critical_thinking_intervention_on.28.aspx

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2015-16238-001

https://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ999773

https://ideas.repec.org/a/kap/jbuset/v128y2015i1p133-147.html

Google search "Critical thinking intervention" (with the quote marks) for more.

A "Critical Thinking Intervention" is any technique or programme that aims to provide or improve critical thinking skills to a group of people (for example students), to benefit them in analysing information.

https://journals.lww.com/md-journal/Fulltext/2020/08280/Effect_of_a_critical_thinking_intervention_on.28.aspx

Fair play to you.....:)

• Advertisement

When you change the baby's nappy due to length of time on the child, bring nappy out to bin, wash hands , return to the room to be greeted by "the smell"

Someone will only poop in a nice clean dry nappy it would appear.

I remember on my first daughter, changing a wet nappy and being so, so tired.

I was absolutely wrecked, but it had to be done. Mustered up the very last ounce of energy I had in my body. Got out the nappy bag and all the stuff I'd need. Laid her down on the mat, undid the baby grow, took off the wet nappy and set it aside, wiped and cleaned her, dried her splashed on the Caldesene Powder, popped on the nappy, re-did all the clothes, started to gather everything up. Finally, I thought, this is the very last thing I'll have to do today.

And realised that I couldn't find the wet nappy. Searched everywhere. No sign of it at all.

Then it dawns on me to check. Sure enough, I'd put the wet one right back onto the child. Feckin hell, changing that nappy again was the hardest thing I've ever done. Talk about TAd, I was murderous.

Thankfully those days are well behind me now.

I remember on my first daughter, changing a wet nappy and being so, so tired.

I was absolutely wrecked, but it had to be done. Mustered up the very last ounce of energy I had in my body. Got out the nappy bag and all the stuff I'd need. Laid her down on the mat, undid the baby grow, took off the wet nappy and set it aside, wiped and cleaned her, dried her splashed on the Caldesene Powder, popped on the nappy, re-did all the clothes, started to gather everything up. Finally, I thought, this is the very last thing I'll have to do today.

And realised that I couldn't find the wet nappy. Searched everywhere. No sign of it at all.

Then it dawns on me to check. Sure enough, I'd put the wet one right back onto the child. Feckin hell, changing that nappy again was the hardest thing I've ever done. Talk about TAd, I was murderous.

Thankfully those days are well behind me now.

Sleep deprivation, no wonder it's such a good torture tool.

Another is when you are crawling into bed and when you get to the bedroom there's a sleeping baby and a smell....you know you have to change it ,but you'd rather pretend it happened when you were asleep, so therefore no knowledge.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

I'm so sorry, this made me burst out laughing, thank you! :D

Another is when you are crawling into bed and when you get to the bedroom there's a sleeping baby and a smell....you know you have to change it, but you'd rather pretend it happened when you were asleep, so therefore no knowledge.

We had this debate in work one day. You're bringing the baby to the creche/childminder. Just as you get to the door, you begin to get the whiff.

Do you:

(a) hand over the child and pretend you didn't notice
    (b) go back to the car and change the nappy yourself

I was (a), my logic being that since we're on their property, it's their problem. But thankfully the scenario never actually happened (that I'll admit to).

Sleep deprivation, no wonder it's such a good torture tool.

Another is when you are crawling into bed and when you get to the bedroom there's a sleeping baby and a smell....you know you have to change it ,but you'd rather pretend it happened when you were asleep, so therefore no knowledge.

When our girl was about a week old, I was so sleep deprived at one stage that I handed her to OH and calmly informed him I'd changed my mind and didn't want her anymore. Then I went and slept in the spare room for ten hours. That was my darkest moment, have thankfully never gone back there, but he won't let me forget it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

When you change the baby's nappy due to length of time on the child, bring nappy out to bin, wash hands , return to the room to be greeted by "the smell"

Someone will only poop in a nice clean dry nappy it would appear.

As my father used to say” Brendan likes a fresh blank canvas”

We had this debate in work one day. You're bringing the baby to the creche/childminder. Just as you get to the door, you begin to get the whiff.

Do you:

(a) hand over the child and pretend you didn't notice
    (b) go back to the car and change the nappy yourself

I was (a), my logic being that since we're on their property, it's their problem. But thankfully the scenario never actually happened (that I'll admit to).

I'd go with a) I was always walking to creche and running for bus. Same way if dirty when I collected I would say wait until we got home, I wouldn't ask anyone to change them when I'm "available"

Antares35 wrote: »
    When our girl was about a week old, I was so sleep deprived at one stage that I handed her to OH and calmly informed him I'd changed my mind and didn't want her anymore. Then I went and slept in the spare room for ten hours. That was my darkest moment, have thankfully never gone back there, but he won't let me forget it :D

I remember the monitor alarm going off....I just turned it off and fell back asleep....I woke with a start a few hours later .... thankfully all was ok.

• Advertisement

Thank you, it's very much appreciated. If I wasn't so frazzled I might have remembered the ".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement