Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Thank you for reminding me of one of the many reasons I treat the better half like a queen - if she leaves I might end up courting a young one and start the baby routine off again!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

People that don't do mirror, signal, maneuver, when driving.

And instead do mirror, signal as turning suddenly.

It did not help that I watched Bill Burr giving out about the standard of driving in LA on youtube. In fairness. The only difference with me was the weather was not as warm as LA.

I ended up giving the driver extra space, then I felt like I was enabling bad driving.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Participant in a zoom call this morning avidly excavating under his nails with a pen cap then scraping the result onto his sleeve. Shudder!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I have my daughter's printer at my flat so her toddler doesn't destroy it. We bought a new pack of paper recently. She sent me a document to print, 4 pages. Only had 3 sheets with the printer, looked for where I may have put the new pack, still can't find it. Decided to print page 4 on the back of page 3.

Page 4 is feckin blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Supermarkets not updating their opening hours on websites.

• Advertisement

I have no beer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

The next door neighbour has a husky, and it's letting of a very low pitch sound, that is absolutely soothing and enchanting at the same time, brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Night owl gal

People that are rude :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

We had this debate in work one day. You're bringing the baby to the creche/childminder. Just as you get to the door, you begin to get the whiff.

Do you:

(a) hand over the child and pretend you didn't notice
    (b) go back to the car and change the nappy yourself

I was (a), my logic being that since we're on their property, it's their problem. But thankfully the scenario never actually happened (that I'll admit to).

This has happened to me. I asked in the creche can I use their changing area as I obviously wouldn't just dump the child with a dump in the nappy (it was fairly obvious). They insisted on doing it though and I didn't object too strenuously :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Stepped in dog poo on my walk last night and now I have to clean my shoe. Between trying not to take a fall on icy footpaths and evading the dog poo that is currently everywhere I'm tempted to not go for a walk until spring is here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I have no beer :(
    From Monday there will be no more drinks offers allowed , your 6 cans for a tenner for eg. Kiss em goodbye :(

From Monday there will be no more drinks offers allowed , your 6 cans for a tenner for eg. Kiss em goodbye :(

What's the actual reasoning behind this would you know? I personally don't think it will alter the amount people drink but it will just cost them more money, maybe I'm wrong but I think it's a bit unfair tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Bank sending me emails to my old email address despite me having to confirm my current email address EVERY time I log in to online banking. It’s over 6 months since I changed email addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What's the actual reasoning behind this would you know? I personally don't think it will alter the amount people drink but it will just cost them more money, maybe I'm wrong but I think it's a bit unfair tbh.
    I would go out on a limb and say that a lot of FFG have vested interests in the pub trade. They are being the dog in the manger about off-sales. Especially since the bars have had to close.
    And what a time to implement it, mid-lockdown. Twerps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

It's all about money. Same as the tobacco tax is lauded as some kind of "initiative" to discourage smoking. But they know increasing 50c a year will not turn people off. More like frogs in boiling water etc. A real problem drinker will not stop drinking because of this, and I believe this will increase the risk of household poverty where alcoholics live and choose to spend more on drink, leaving less over for food for their kids. Pre covid, the real anti social behaviour we saw from excessive drinking was usually on the streets - people who could afford to spend seven euro on a pint or a tenner on a cocktail. They won't be affected by this. But your Joe Soap on 28k a year picking up a six pack on his way home on a Friday evening will.

I suspect publicans are probably behind it too, and general nanny state Ireland that doesn't trust adults to have autonomy over their own healthcare choices. There's also the sugar tax in case we get fat.

TA I was in a fine mood until I remembered about minimum pricing :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It is an attempt to stop binge drinking at an entry level. The cheaper beers will go up in price which are the same beers that the younger /studenty types drink. There will a minimum cost per unit coming in aswell.

It is the same logic as increasing the price of cigarettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

You can't use your Tesco or Dunnes vouchers either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

People leaving used tissues in shopping trolleys. Counter 4 of them just there, and that was only in trolleys at the end of the stack.

That was never acceptable, but why do it now at a time with such a focus on hygiene?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

People leaving used tissues in shopping trolleys. Counter 4 of them just there, and that was only in trolleys at the end of the stack.

That was never acceptable, but why do it now at a time with such a focus on hygiene?

And masks thrown around, ugh.

I seldom go for a walk without seeing at least one. I hate litter anyway but seeing masks thrown on the ground really annoys me. FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

When I see weather like this in the morning, it's obviously cold, and when you go out, it's second nature to make sure you're wrapped up well, so you're not freezing in it. My TA is I went out to work yesterday morning with a jacket, gloves, and a hat (and a mask) and half way up the road, I'm absolutely sweating. My back is a swamp. But I know well if I took the jacket off I'd be freezing. I hate that there is no middle ground there for me. I either freeze to death or fry t'fúck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Partner's sister phoning her this morning when we're still tucked up asking if we're doing the park run.
    For the hundredth time, we are not joining your cult.

Sad days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Partner's sister phoning her this morning when we're still tucked up asking if we're doing the park run.
    For the hundredth time, we are not joining your cult.

Cult you say, are they looking for leaders or members because a leader is where the money is

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Cult you say, are they looking for leaders or members because a leader is where the money is

But you have more fun as a follower.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

During a cold snap like this, no matter how careful I go on a particularly perilous part of the road that tends to take longer to thaw out, I always seem to meet a stereotypical Jeep driver belting along without a care in the world. Dickhead.

My parents (who have ignored me for the last month) texting to tell me their friend in Spain has covid and is on a ventilator. Stop fúcking trying to manipulate me. TA people who only contact you when they have bad news and want to pull the sympathy card. Also TA covid because this is a really nice guy too :(

Fiancée's in a bad mood and I don't know why. We're meant to go into Lidl today to grab a small bit of shopping but we've both been up since 11am and both been doing our own thing (I'm on my PS4/PC upstairs and she's watching reality TV in the living room). I went downstairs to hang some towels on the horse and I just casually said "what time do you want to head into Lidl at?"

Her response "I dunno I'll go when I feel like it"

My response "Let me know when you feel like going down"

Her response "Yeah okay Dave I'm trying to relax it's my day off"

Okay..... mouth!........

TA'd.

Fiancée's in a bad mood and I don't know why. We're meant to go into Lidl today to grab a small bit of shopping but we've both been up since 11am and both been doing our own thing (I'm on my PS4/PC upstairs and she's watching reality TV in the living room). I went downstairs to hang some towels on the horse and I just casually said "what time do you want to head into Lidl at?"

Her response "I dunno I'll go when I feel like it"

My response "Let me know when you feel like going down"

Her response "Yeah okay Dave I'm trying to relax it's my day off"

Okay..... mouth!........

TA'd.
    If I were you I'd go to Lidl and get all the shopping, include some bubbly, strawberries, goodies she likes etc. That's just speaking as someone who is frequently annoyed by my fiancé's inertia when it comes to doing "housey" stuff without being instructed. :D

Antares35 wrote: »
    If I were you I'd go to Lidl and get all the shopping, include some bubbly, strawberries, goodies she likes etc. That's just speaking as someone who is frequently annoyed by my fiancé's inertia when it comes to doing "housey" stuff without being instructed. :D

I would if I could drive :pac: She's out of her mood now, anyway. I said to her earlier on "why are you in such a mood" she said she didn't realise she was. I'll take that :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Antares35 wrote: »

When I think of this I think of my ex and I think my reaction to the moodiness would have been to say "alright f#ck off so" then to go and do the housey stuff myself and pick up goodies etc. The f#ck off would be obligatory though.

And I wonder why I'm single. Absolute mystery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement