Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Daragh1980 wrote: »
    You shouldn’t be going shopping together

I took that view for ages during this pandemic but I got so tired being angry at couples and families shopping that I decided to join them and shop with my wife if we are together.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People who sneeze 3 or more times in a row enrage me. Just the sound of it angries up the blood...

I'd drive you crazy.
    Sunshine can make me sneeze up to 5 times if I come from a shaded area.
    I can't really control this, hopefully you understand.
    I also, generally, enjoy the experience - no doubt that would enrage you!

Or worse, the really sour ones that taste like battery acid

The loose oranges in Aldi have been absolutely delicious for the last few months and only 39c, very sweet and juicy with no pips or stringy bits, we are all addicted to them in my house.

TA rain in the forecast, got to love the bright, dry weather atm, everywhere looks gorgeous, could do without the icy footpaths but apart from that I love this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for radio presenters who talk over the end of a song

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People who do big theatrical yawns.

Who come in on a cold day and do ott brrrrs, complete with body movements like rubbing hands together.
    People who do big loud negative sighs all the time.

Oh god all of the above. Any time I miss the office I'll just read your TA :) Can I add whistlers to the list? And people who say "now" to themselves before they start a task?

• Advertisement

I'd drive you crazy.
    Sunshine can make me sneeze up to 5 times if I come from a shaded area.
    I can't really control this, hopefully you understand.
    I also, generally, enjoy the experience - no doubt that would enrage you!

TA when you're pregnant, you have to think before you sneeze :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Wasting food. I really hate to see food being thrown away. :mad:

Almost half of all the food produced gets binned, so why are so many people starving to death around the world? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

People who do big theatrical yawns.

Who come in on a cold day and do ott brrrrs, complete with body movements like rubbing hands together.
    People who do big loud negative sighs all the time.

It's up there with people whistling loudly to indicate they're in a good mood, double TA if it's on a Monday morning. So attention seeking 😡

People not saying phrases correctly or saying things like "would you f off"...either say the word **** or use a different expression like go away.
    "I was really p'eed off"... you were pissed off you mean, just say pissed off then or say something else if it offends you. "He was a right so and so"
    Just call him a wanker or a dickhead or any of the litany of expletives available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Haha just realised Antares got in before me with the whistle brigade:)

Porklife wrote: »
    It's up there with people whistling loudly to indicate they're in a good mood, double TA if it's on a Monday morning. So attention seeking 😡

People not saying phrases correctly or saying things like "would you f off"...either say the word **** or use a different expression like go away.
    "I was really p'eed off"... you were pissed off you mean, just say pissed off then or say something else if it offends you. "He was a right so and so"
    Just call him a wanker or a dickhead or any of the litany of expletives available to you.

Same people usually the fúckers who say things like "why the long face?" Or "cheer up, it's not that bad". Well, it just got worse because of you!

I once worked with a girl who used to say "friggin". It was more offensive than using the real word!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

This is sort of a Part 2 of my last TA;

So we ended up going to Lidl in the end, and while in there, we noticed 3 people taking up one aisle, talking to each other having a good aul craic. My missus was more annoyed by this than I was until she told me what she heard them talking about.

The TA is this;

They were talking about the high number of cases and that it's because people aren't following guidelines. The ironic thing here is that these people were bunched up way less than 2 metres from each other, and crowding an aisle that nobody could get through, in a supermarket that was already busy enough. Pot and kettle doesn't even begin to cover it, it was pure ignorance on top of that. And they knew what they were doing because a number of people stopped, turned 180degrees and walked away the moment they saw them standing there, including myself.

Don't give out about the problem you're helping create.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The ironing, as they say, is delicious.

This is sort of a Part 2 of my last TA;

So we ended up going to Lidl in the end, and while in there, we noticed 3 people taking up one aisle, talking to each other having a good aul craic. My missus was more annoyed by this than I was until she told me what she heard them talking about.

The TA is this;

They were talking about the high number of cases and that it's because people aren't following guidelines. The ironic thing here is that these people were bunched up way less than 2 metres from each other, and crowding an aisle that nobody could get through, in a supermarket that was already busy enough. Pot and kettle doesn't even begin to cover it, it was pure ignorance on top of that. And they knew what they were doing because a number of people stopped, turned 180degrees and walked away the moment they saw them standing there, including myself.

Honestly I think at this stage I would have said something. I just get a red mist now when I see people carrying on like this, almost a year since the whole thing started, and all the sacrifices people have made.

One of the biggest reasons we stopped shopping and switched literally everything online was not just to avoid covid, but to avoid me ageing prematurely or dying from anger because every time I went to a supermarket there seemed to be the same gobshítes there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My TA today is realising that I needed the last egg in the house that I've just put into the scrambled eggs I've just eaten.

I was looking forward to that banana bread. Now I've 2 over-ripe bananas that I've nothing to do with. Might put them in a smoothie.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    My TA today is realising that I needed the last egg in the house that I've just put into the scrambled eggs I've just eaten.

I was looking forward to that banana bread. Now I've 2 over-ripe bananas that I've nothing to do with. Might put them in a smoothie.

Stick them in the freezer for the next time you have eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

"Happy Friday"

Fcuk off NOW.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Happy Friday"

Fcuk off NOW.

Agreed. On a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Dying with cramps. Been sick since New Years Day. Woo hoo

Not

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who clap whilst watching the TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

tiny dogs.

yes they're loveable themselves, but its not fair to breed such small creatures in this crazy, dangerous world.

extremely old people too. that also makes me feel bad. dont like to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

85603 wrote: »
    tiny dogs.

yes they're loveable themselves, but its not fair to breed such small creatures in this crazy, dangerous world.

380fe7f85c6adeeb3f126451cba87927.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I've just realised a filling from the back of my mouth is gone.
    I'm a bit uncomfortable thinking I must have swallowed it :o

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

You might see again at some stage, look before you flush....

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

get yourself to a chemist in the morning and buy some temporary dental filling. It will stop anything getting into the cavity.
    this stuff
    https://www.cunninghamspharmacy.com/p/dentek-temp-filling-material-one-step-1-7g/dent005?gclid=Cj0KCQiA6Or_BRC_ARIsAPzuer9IymHL4TkxQa0qd3ikfuSItQwWeZTss2LU-OniHwDx5WMvBFXxU6IaAjU8EALw_wcB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Annoyed at how everyone in the family hates the Lyons ad with the wee kiddo having the tea party with the stuffed animals - and I love it!!!!

Annoyed at how everyone in the family hates the Lyons ad with the wee kiddo having the tea party with the stuffed animals - and I love it!!!!

what sort of monster could hate that ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

get yourself to a chemist in the morning and buy some temporary dental filling. It will stop anything getting into the cavity.
    this stuff
    https://www.cunninghamspharmacy.com/p/dentek-temp-filling-material-one-step-1-7g/dent005?gclid=Cj0KCQiA6Or_BRC_ARIsAPzuer9IymHL4TkxQa0qd3ikfuSItQwWeZTss2LU-OniHwDx5WMvBFXxU6IaAjU8EALw_wcB

This is not a TA and should really be on the other board that won't be named😂.
    But you always get helpful feedback,someone always knows the best course of action.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

what sort of monster could hate that ad?

Apparently it’s too saccharine, badly dubbed and “It’s not real cos kids have iPads”.

I’m the only one that cries at ET in the house too btw!

Apparently it’s too saccharine, badly dubbed and “It’s not real cos kids have iPads”.

I’m the only one that cries at ET in the house too btw!

wait, there are people that don't?

• Advertisement

We're almost out of calpol and have just entered teething phase. TA I didn't have the foresight to stock up. You can't order it online for some reason. We had a buymie delivery today which wasn't cheap but we are really trying so hard not to go near any shops at all, and our shopper said she could pick up a bottle and didn't. TA now I've to go to a pharmacy to pick up calpol, when we've been so good otherwise! Why can't you get this stuff online FFS. And if I try to buy more than one they'll probably think I'm going to do my kid in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement