Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

dubstarr wrote: »
    "We are pregnant" No just fecking no.

It just annoys me so much.

My God...of all the bull**** I've heard this is at the top of the pile. Imagine that were true and the man and woman were both pregnant carrying half the child each. Then when both sides are ready, they pop out simultaneously as the couple hold hands and the doctor sticks the baby back together. That would be awesome! Would make delivery easier too cos you'd only be giving birth to half a baby!

TA the above isn't true 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

First world problem:

Have recorded the entire three seasons of the Leftovers on my Sky Q box to re-watch over the next while (apt show to watch during a pandemic in may ways).

Except, one episode failed to record due to a power cut (from memory, an amazing episode aswell), and do you think its possible for me to download said episode from the 'On Demand' section? Is it heck. They must have every run-of-the-mill low-brow show and terrible comedy available to download except the one show I want. Doesn't seem to be on NowTV either (would have signed up for a free trial just to watch the missing episode).

And actually, every time Sky do a system update, they seem to make it more complicated to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Not very trivial. One of my mother's oldest friends died last March and nobody told her. Someone messaged my sister on 14th Dec to tell her and my mother was writing to her friend and sending her a letter and my sister knew she was dead. She only told her in January. She 'didn't want to upset her'. She is more upset now after writing to a dead woman wondering why she got no response.
    My mother is crying on the phone saying she can't believe she didn't tell her.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's not just annoying, that's downright heartbreaking....

New Home wrote: »
    That's not just annoying, that's downright heartbreaking....

I'm deeply concerned about it. I texted her and asked her why and she said, have you anything else to whinge about. She won't admit she's wrong. If I had found out i would have told her straight away. I knew her friend well, she used to write to me when i was young and send cards etc. She also stayed with us a few times because they all moved to England together but my mam was the only one to move back here.
    It's all very upsetting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

That's so awful and wrong :( it sounds like she just doesn't want to know.

What do people be f*cking thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Not very trivial. One of my mother's oldest friends died last March and nobody told her. Someone messaged my sister on 14th Dec to tell her and my mother was writing to her friend and sending her a letter and my sister knew she was dead. She only told her in January. She 'didn't want to upset her'. She is more upset now after writing to a dead woman wondering why she got no response.
    My mother is crying on the phone saying she can't believe she didn't tell her.

Similar thing... one of my mother’s oldest friends died last March. She wasn’t told, she got a letter there two days ago after she sent a Christmas card that must have jogged her husbands mind, he sent a note back that literally read...

Hi Mary,

Sorry to say Kathleen died back in March after a sudden and short illness..

Thanks, hope you are well,

Gerry.

They’d been mates over 65 years. While Gerry would have had a lot on his plate grief and arrangements , there was an extended family and surely someone was putting in phone calls...the mother she’d left voicemails on their house and her friends mobile... just a bit weird, and crap really.

That's bad as well. Hope your Mum was ok. You would think some fecking cop on would be thought of sometimes but sure what can you do.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

The mind boggles.

Like, even if they didn't know your mother, how would no one in the family think "Jaysis that's the second time that woman is after ringing, she obviously doesn't know Kathleen is dead, I'll have to give her a call".

I'll never fathom people. When my great uncle died he was laid out in his spare bedroom. A cousin of my mother went up to the room, came back down stairs and said to my elderly, just-widowed aunt "that undertaker did an awful job. I didn't like the look of him at all"

I thought my mother was going to rip her head off. What the f*ck do people be thinking. I'll never get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,487 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A couple build/buys a house.(Site May even be gifted from parents).
    They lived with their parents for several years rent/bill free. Which allowed them to save money.
    This is all fantastic. It’s a great thing. If everybody is happy.

However they then turn around and say they had no help and did it by hard work and saving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Today FM asking if they think Trump deserved to be banned from social media, and if it's a removal of free speech.

Would ye ever give over......

This is a bit of an apples and oranges example, but if I was to publically write that all other religions should be "cleansed", and encouraged all my followers to begin said "cleansing", and someone ended up going with that idea and literally doing it, should I remain on social media because I exercised my right to free speech? No.

What I hypothetically wrote was dangerous, and so were his tweets. He deserves to be banned for life. He's no good

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Marko resigns from Nightwish :eek:

I'm gutted, one of my all time favourite bands

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

On a queue yesterday, alone, at least 2 meters behind the person ahead.
    Along comes “loud, happy couple” (already annoying me) and stand a bit too close. Every time we shuffle up the queue they get a bit closer...I can hear every word, titter and snigger. After a while I mentioned that they are too close, so guess what they did? They glared a bit and then start to speak in lower voice! So
    I then pointed out that it’s a queue and standing closer won’t get us in to the shop any faster.....they were mystified by this.
    Later, in the shop ( an electrical store) After being instructed by staff to sanitize my hand and keep distance, I noticed the two them along with two
    Staff, hunched over a monitor with not more than 6 inches between the four of them.

I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Another supermarket one. I know there is a specific thread for them but it's crap and anyway it just copied this one.
    lady in front of me getting a big trolley full of shopping. Her friend walks over just as the shop assistant starts scanning and they have a big chat until the shopping has all been scanned and the till area is crammed.

Now I have to wait while she bags it all up and then to add insult to injury there is a palaver with vouchers not working or some such when she goes to pay which takes ages to sort out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A couple build/buys a house.(Site May even be gifted from parents).
    They lived with their parents for several years rent/bill free. Which allowed them to save money.
    This is all fantastic. It’s a great thing. If everybody is happy.

However they then turn around and say they had no help and did it by hard work and saving.

AND then they look down their nose at ppl who didn't have such a start and ask why didn't you buy when you could?

TA PPl in general today

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    On a queue yesterday, alone, at least 2 meters behind the person ahead.
    Along comes “loud, happy couple”

I genuinely can't get over the number of couples and families using the grocery shop as their weekly social outing. It's supposed to be one person per trolley, FFS, and get in and out as quickly as you can. Not a leisurely stroll around the shops, holding hands while you browse.

Also, this:

https://twitter.com/LivsFoster/status/1348250134656786432

In other news, I just got ground-strafed by a macaw while buying locusts for my quarantining nephew's bearded dragon. How's everybody else's day going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Scientifically illiterate journalists. Which seems to be most of them.

Twigging that the Penny character from Big bang is just a rip-off of Rachel from Friends :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I genuinely can't get over the number of couples and families using the grocery shop as their weekly social outing. It's supposed to be one person per trolley, FFS, and get in and out as quickly as you can. Not a leisurely stroll around the shops, holding hands while you browse.

Also, this:

That does my head in. Back before any of this started, I almost got knocked over by a guy who HAD to walk the same side as his girlfriend, when I encountered then in a shopping centre, even though there was way more space on the other side of me. What would have happened had he separated from her for a couple of seconds, I wonder... :rolleyes:

It's brainless, I keep reminding myself that those who were stupid and bad mannered before COVID came along, will not have changed. If anything, they are probably even more inconsiderate of others.

The full family outings are annoying. I encountered one recently where they had also brought along a doll in a buggy. Yes, I know, the smallest child in the family, obviously got that as a Christmas present, but really, the supermarket these times should be about getting your shopping done quickly and efficiently, not bringing along toys to the 'playground'.

My local Dunnes used to have a recording playing about shopping alone, move along, bring a list and so forth. But I was seldom in it without encountering couples who had to block aisles, apparently oblivious to everyone else. You know there are other people on the shop, right? It's not your private domain. If you HAVE to shop together, at least show a bit of consideration. Bah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

In other news, I just got ground-strafed by a macaw while buying locusts for my quarantining nephew's bearded dragon. How's everybody else's day going?

A walk in the rain. I doubt anyone could beat the details above.

Also, this:

Yes, I’ve seen families of 5 hanging out of the trolley. Thick inconsiderate wañkers.

My local supermarket has all the signs up but zero staff presence to enforce it.

If there was stock going missing with regularity there would be a uniformed presence on the shop floor... concern over the health of their balance sheets but can’t be arsed ensuring the health of their customers and employees.... paying security or staff member 15 quid an hour is literally peanuts... they make that every millisecond.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Strumms wrote: »
    Yes, I’ve seen families of 5 hanging out of the trolley. Thick inconsiderate wañkers.

My local supermarket has all the signs up but zero staff presence to enforce it.

If there was stock going missing with regularity there would be a uniformed presence on the shop floor... concern over the health of their balance sheets but can’t be arsed ensuring the health of their customers and employees.... paying security or staff member 15 quid an hour is literally peanuts... they make that every millisecond.

Apparently shop staff are not obliged to ask people to comply, because they faced so much verbal abuse when they did. I say that not in defence of the shops, but as a damning indictment of these shopper twàts and another TA I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Since everyone is griping about supermarket etiquette, I might as well share one too:

Yesterday, Lidl seemed to be busier than usual for an afternoon, and there was a social distant queue forming down one of the aisles that sort of served as the waiting point for whichever of the two nearest tills became available. It was obvious as anything that this was the system.

Except for the token "Karen-esque" woman who feigned ignorance trying to join the queue from the side. "Oh is this the queue?" and asking everyone standing in it whether they were queuing. No missus, we are just standing in the aisle for the craic. It was obvious as anything she was trying to skip ahead and justify it by saying "oh but I only have a few bits". I was fully ready to make a remark towards her, but alas I was the quickest off the mark in the ensuing scramble when one of the vacant tills opened.

Eff off to the back of the line, you aren't more important than us.

Ah, the Giant Single Queue, usually up the middle aisle. Another major TA of mine. They're divils for this in my Lidl, even when there's four or five tills open, to the point where one particularly short-of-patience staff member regularly stands up and roars "Tills X and Y are open with no queues, people!"

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Night owl gal

selling on amazon (which I'm new to), so many things to look at/fill-in/rules to follow, where do I start?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

I was annoyed that the local deli tried to charge me 7 euro for two cooked rashers, but reading yours has put it into perspective :)

Archeron wrote: »
    I was annoyed that the local deli tried to charge me 7 euro for two cooked rashers, but reading yours has put it into perspective :)

In fairness that's eye-watering. They should be wearing masks and stripey jumpers.

At least my locusts were only 3 quid.

Antares35 wrote: »
    Apparently shop staff are not obliged to ask people to comply, because they faced so much verbal abuse when they did. I say that not in defence of the shops, but as a damning indictment of these shopper twàts and another TA I suppose.

Totally. I can see why regular staff wouldn’t be obligated to ask, although I probably would if I was stocking a shelf and some tool was hovering over or around me looking to ask me questions or pawing at the stock.... but they simply should have security issuing a gentle reminder and referring people to a sign... No Mask = No Shop. PA announcements too.

If security on a walk around see a shopper minus a mask... they ask once for one to be worn, if refusal, they require the shopper to leave. Informing the that goods will not be processed.

Prior to covid a customer potentially endangering the health and wellbeing of shoppers or staff, anywhere, you’d be kicked out.. no different now...

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    Totally. I can see why regular staff wouldn’t be obligated to ask, although I probably would if I was stocking a shelf and some tool was hovering over or around me looking to ask me questions or pawing at the stock.... but they simply should have security issuing a gentle reminder and referring people to a sign... No Mask = No Shop. PA announcements too.

If security on a walk around see a shopper minus a mask... they ask once for one to be worn, if refusal, they require the shopper to leave. Informing the that goods will not be processed.

Prior to covid a customer potentially endangering the health and wellbeing of shoppers or staff, anywhere, you’d be kicked out.. no different now...
    Some people can't wear masks for medical reasons. If staff chucked them out they would be very likely looking at a lawsuit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement