Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Some people can't wear masks for medical reasons. If staff chucked them out they would be very likely looking at a lawsuit.

How ? If I have a psychological issue that makes me prone to attacking people from time to time, indiscriminately, I should be allowed shop ? It’s arguably a medical issue.

You can’t wear a mask, shop online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Strumms wrote: »
    How ? If I have a psychological issue that makes me prone to attacking people from time to time, indiscriminately, I should be allowed shop ? It’s arguably a medical issue.

Or get someone that can wear a mask to shop for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Especially during this last 9 months, big companies doing things to make them look like they care, when in reality they care about the profits first and foremost, and are doing a certain action to earn more money, not for our benefit.

Latest example I see is Disney Nature are offering free educational downloads.
    No doubt they will try to say its free, but I'd bet the house they will have the available lessons with advertising for their other products and they will gain plenty of new subscriptions out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Fastway being cowboys as per. Other half is in a fierce bad mood after she got an update on something she ordered online - tracking update told her that the item was successfully delivered, but it wasn't. Not even a note through the letterbox to say "sorry we missed you".

Absolute weapons, the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mimon wrote: »
    Or get someone that can wear a mask to shop for them.

Absolutely, online or friend / relation... there will be somebody along to tell us momentarily that shopping is necessary for their mental health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've just realised a filling from the back of my mouth is gone.
    I'm a bit uncomfortable thinking I must have swallowed it :o

Did you get yourself sorted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Opening a bag of King and discovering there's a hole in the bottom so they're all stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

fussyonion wrote: »
    Opening a bag of King and discovering there's a hole in the bottom so they're all stale.

I read that as "kindling" and was confused to see the wood was stale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The full family outings are annoying. I encountered one recently where they had also brought along a doll in a buggy. Yes, I know, the smallest child in the family, obviously got that as a Christmas present, but really, the supermarket these times should be about getting your shopping done quickly and efficiently, not bringing along toys to the 'playground'.

My local Dunnes used to have a recording playing about shopping alone, move along, bring a list and so forth. But I was seldom in it without encountering couples who had to block aisles, apparently oblivious to everyone else. You know there are other people on the shop, right? It's not your private domain. If you HAVE to shop together, at least show a bit of consideration. Bah!

I was queuing for Dunnes just before Christmas and there was a family of four ahead of me. Father, mother and two teenagers (looked 16 / 17). The guy in front of them tore into them for close on 30 minutes, calling them "irresponsible", "w*nkers", "c*nts" and every name under the sun. He'd stop for a couple of minutes and then go into another rant. It sounded like he had lost a relative or friend to Covid. At the end he was getting more and more aggressive so they announced that they were going elsewhere and just walked off. It was very entertaining.

Strumms wrote: »

I agree. The "medical reason" is irrelevant. If you don't wear a mask then other people who come near you are not protected. Why should they be put at risk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Sneezing into a mask, absolutely f**kin manky.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dial Hard wrote: »
    In other news, I just got ground-strafed by a macaw while buying locusts for my quarantining nephew's bearded dragon. How's everybody else's day going?

That is the best post I have read for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Seanachai wrote: »
    Sneezing into a mask, absolutely f**kin manky.

I seen a woman wearing a shield in a shop, she sneezed and plastered the inside of the shield in snot. It was f****** hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

People at the supermarket who decide they don't want something, but rather than return it to its original location, just abandon it on the nearest shelf - not the end of the world if its non perishable to be fair (although it still irks me), but if its something from a chilled cabinet or freezer then they may as well have stolen it since staff won't know how long its been sitting on the shelf and whether its safe to return to the appropriate area.

AxleAddict wrote: »
    People at the supermarket who decide they don't want something, but rather than return it to its original location, just abandon it on the nearest shelf - not the end of the world if its non perishable to be fair (although it still irks me), but if its something from a chilled cabinet or freezer then they may as well have stolen it since staff won't know how long its been sitting on the shelf and whether its safe to return to the appropriate area.

When I worked in supermarket as a teenager, I would see that a lot. Often happened with filled rolls from deli / butcher counter where the price tag is put on by the server but you pay at checkout. Abandoned in random places. Serious waste. Another manky thing was young lads taking lip balm off the shelf and rubbing it under their armpits - and then putting it back. They weren't sealed like they are now.

When I worked in supermarket as a teenager, I would see that a lot. Often happened with filled rolls from deli / butcher counter where the price tag is put on by the server but you pay at checkout. Abandoned in random places. Serious waste. Another manky thing was young lads taking lip balm off the shelf and rubbing it under their armpits - and then putting it back. They weren't sealed like they are now.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

I worked in a supermarket for 8 years and this kind of thing was constant (apart from the lipbalm thing- that's VILE, omg!).

People taking all of the packaging off their food when putting it into their car and leaving a trolley full of rubbish, people stealing trolleys, putting icecream on a shelf so that it melted and ruined stock on the shelves beneath, opening jam jars to have a sniff or a taste and then putting them back on the shelf, used teabags/coffee cups from the self-service machine would turn up everywhere you could think of.

We had a bread slicing machine and what did one woman try to put through it?

A f*cking watermelon.

People are maddening. And yeah if I was working there now I would in my hoop be trying to get people to comply with the restrictions beyond the bare minimum "please keep your distance in the queue, thanks" - too many people treat shop assistants like crap as it is without bringing more on themselves. And I was a butcher so at least I could wave my meat cleaver at anyone who got thick :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

People giving medical advice on boards when they clearly haven't a clue what they're talking about. If you don't know but you're just giving anecdotal evidence, you're better not giving "advice" at all. I guess some people like to portray they're "experts" on a lot of things.

People giving medical advice on boards when they clearly haven't a clue what they're talking about. If you don't know but you're just giving anecdotal evidence, you're better not giving "advice" at all. I guess some people like to portray they're "experts" on a lot of things.

People who ask for medical advice on Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I missed my mouth while I was eating my cereal and now my beard is all sticky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I seen a woman wearing a shield in a shop, she sneezed and plastered the inside of the shield in snot. It was f****** hilarious

A mask full and of snot..the gift that keeps on giving😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I see on my Facebook feed the black and white selfies are back. Why even bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Superglue.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

When you go to buy a pair of scissors so that you can pry something from that God-awful hard plastic blister packaging without impaling your hand or severing your wrist and these are the only ones that are available - they're just playing with us, right? :rolleyes:

bdpslu9ktuj41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

AxleAddict wrote: »
    When you go to buy a pair of scissors so that you can pry something from that God-awful hard plastic blister packaging without impaling your hand or severing your wrist and these are the only ones that are available - they're just playing with us, right? :rolleyes:

Use a can opener, assuming you have one. Although can openers probably also come in this packaging just to annoy you further.

Use a can opener, assuming you have one. Although can openers probably also come in this packaging just to annoy you further.

*haha* Yeah - I have to admit, using a can-opener was not something that immediately came to mind the first time I found myself in this situation, but since then I have seen various people on the internet recommend it as an alternative - that said, I still think this is an unnecessarily infuriating (and potentially dangerous) form of product packaging.

KKkitty wrote: »
    I see on my Facebook feed the black and white selfies are back. Why even bother.

So you can look all moody and French

TA: hearing my neighbour on a zoom call in the room next door to me.

My TA isn't that I can hear him, it's that I can't make out what he's saying. I might grab a pint glass...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Trying to buy a silk scarf to protect my curls while I sleep. 30,000 results on Amazon. Are any of them ACTUALLY silk though? No, don't be ridiculous.
    Silk-feel
    Silk-touch
    Silk-like
    100% silk (small print - materials: 100% polyester)

FS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I bit my fingernail too far down and now I'm in very (very) mild agony with the pain. Ugh, throbbing like a bástard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement