Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I put my wooden wind chimes out yesterday and it was so breezy last night the noise of them drove me nuts.
    I'd another TA today and I can't remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,162 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I painted my toe nails last night expecting to get them out today :(

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I wouldn't begrudge someone something they deserve. I will begrudge a millionaire avoiding tax in his home country which he "loves", donating a fraction of his wealth and telling me how I should be giving away all my money to the poor. He's a knob on top of it.

Like why did we all have to be told about it. Why not donate but without turning it into a PR exercise. I don't care how much money he has, but I just get TA'd in general when celebs think they have some kind of qualified opinion on things. ****eing on about poverty and altruism like we didnt know these things existed already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

There's an ad on Classic FM (humblebrag about how cultured I am. Lol) at the moment about raising awareness of arthritis and "taking a stand against arthritis". WTF does that even mean? People know arthritis exists. And where are those people who are pro-arthritis? You don't need to stand against it. It's not climate change. No one denies that it exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    There's an ad on Classic FM (humblebrag about how cultured I am. Lol) at the moment about raising awareness of arthritis and "taking a stand against arthritis". WTF does that even mean? People know arthritis exists. And where are those people who are pro-arthritis? You don't need to stand against it. It's not climate change. No one denies that it exists.
    You're right Everything has to be a 'war' against something now. Since the war on drugs, terror, fúck cancer etc.
    It's not a very healthy mindset to have in the long term.
    There are loads of ads on telly about arthritis this last year or so. Where is all the new funding coming from? nobody seemed to care about it for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

I've just eaten five sausage rolls and I feel like I have eaten nothing and could still eat a horse. TA of having an enormous appetite. Jeans wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,881 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I painted my toe nails last night expecting to get them out today :(

I did some 'personal' trimming for the same reason :)
    Alas alas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was going to finish work today at either 11.30 or noon. Since I decided on noon, time has started to go backwards. The last 10 minutes have been 5 hours long! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Restriction breakers. Idiots.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You're right Everything has to be a 'war' against something now. Since the war on drugs, terror, fúck cancer etc.
    It's not a very healthy mindset to have in the long term.
    There are loads of ads on telly about arthritis this last year or so. Where is all the new funding coming from? nobody seemed to care about it for years.

I remember years ago there was a lady in Henry Street that was collecting for charity. She kept shouting "Please support cancer! Please support cancer!".

Ehrrr...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Next door's cat was in the greenhouse this morning. When I went in he went flying past me, spitting and howling. Frightened the bejasus out of me.

So many things outstanding at the moment. Waiting for deliveries from all sorts of different companies using various carriers. Cannot get through to a single company or carrier on any platform - phone/ email/ social media etc. A wall of silence from Amazon, other sellers, DPD, An Post. Literally... nothing. Cannot get a delivery slot for food shopping until 2.5 weeks from now. Waiting for maternity benefit payment which is overdue - nothing on that either. Can't get through to anyone and can't listen to the welfare Irish/ English recordings interspersed with rap music any more.

Boots sending me marketing emails "hurry you need to buy all this stuff for your baby" - except f*cking none of it is in stock.

Woodies emailing me saying "hey you left this item in your basket, don't you want it?" - and now I am the crazy person responding to a bot telling it "you refused to deliver it so you can f*cking keep it" :o

I get that there are delays, but a complete wall of silence, from everyone? And all hiding behind the Covid-19 crisis even though some of them were clearly just sh*t before anyway.

Why do they take money straight away then just renage on their contractual obligations? Why not just say "sorry we couldn't b ars*d taking this order"?

Does nothing work in this country anymore?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

madmaggie wrote: »
    Next door's cat was in the greenhouse this morning. When I went in he went flying past me, spitting and howling. Frightened the bejasus out of me.

"I was sitting in my neighbour's greenhouse this morning, enjoying the warmth, looking for mice, but minding my own business. Suddenly that woman came in and scared the bejasus out of me I couldn't help but start spitting and howling! Bloody humans!! She didn't even apologise!!" ;):p

Hmmm. I've just realised that sweetmaggie and madmaggie aren't the same person (in my head, the two names overlapped)... or do we have a case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

New Home wrote: »
    Hmmm. I've just realised that sweetmaggie and madmaggie aren't the same person (in my head, the two names overlapped)... or do we have a case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde? :eek:

People with similar user names or users with the same avatar really confuse me, sometimes annoy me (but that's not their fault :))

People with similar user names or users with the same avatar really confuse me, sometimes annoy me (but that's not their fault :))

I know, The Princess Bride... oh, wait, you've a different avatar! (and I know Buttercup, so...) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Only madmaggie when provoked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭playonplayette

Almost finished painting and decorating downstairs in my house and landing/stairs.

I'm quite good at it. Could probably start up my own business at this stage if I didn't hate painting so ****ing much.

madmaggie wrote: »
    Only madmaggie when provoked!

In that case, they have it coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Business's and services who dont mark themselves temporarily closed for no good reason.

I heard a lady on radio this am giving out about how her business is crashing because of the pandemic, no doubt, but it would help if they answered their phone/email/sm messages.

I have money to spend on services/products but I cant get a response from them. Afreakingan.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I got an email titled something like 'Saving the Planet',
    A bank I deal with want me to sign up for online statements for almost a year now, got this email from them today.

I scanned through it, it gives me two options, do or dont sign up to the online option and they will set me up on their system and all that(tho I expect they will not remember my password for me)

Further down and in tiny print, if you dont sign up for the online version we MAY in the future be forced to charge for a paper statment and this may be raised at the discretion of the bank.

Ignoring the aspect of discriminating against ppl who aren't computer literate, but I get the feeling that this is NOT about saving the planet at all at all.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I have to do an exam in a few minutes and my bump has a serious case of the hiccups.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I know, The Princess Bride... oh, wait, you've a different avatar! (and I know Buttercup, so...) :D

Haha I know (new wave :D) ... As I said in a different thread, she robbed my favourite movie so I went with favourite cartoon (gummi bears) :)

OMG that's mad! I've just noticed both myself and Madmaggie joined in 2009 and almost have the same post count! Some other poster mentioned Jekyll and Hyde a few months ago too, they suspected we were the same person!
    We're not. I was going to say I was here first but now I don't know :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,881 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

OMG that's mad! I've just noticed both myself and Madmaggie joined in 2009 and almost have the same post count! Some other poster mentioned Jekyll and Hyde a few months ago too, they suspected we were the same person!
    We're not. I was going to say I was here first but now I don't know :confused:

I'm thinking Tyler/ The Narrator in Fight Club.
    Asleep you're Madmaggie and awake your sweetmaggie..
    Scary

Why is / the primary symbol and ? the secondary?
    I use ? much more often than /.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Spent days trying to decipher a misunderstanding.
    Someone put 2 +2 together and came up with something a bit far fetched and insulting about me because I have slightly unusual but relatively tame interests.

Would prefer to have varied tastes than be narrow minded and presumptuous.

An unusually large amount of very weird users seem to have joined Boards.ie in April 2020 :confused:

There's also a good number of doses who signed up in May 2019.

Ta that Captain Tom never became a major before he retired. How cool would that be? They should promote him for all the great work he has done lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,117 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Deja Boo wrote: »
    On a similar note, my landlord has used Covid as a convenient excuse/justification for anything and everything that benefits them (and only them)... the latest being: "for your safety, we request rental payments be made through autopay with your bank." :rolleyes:

Good excuse not to have anything fixed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement