Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭playonplayette

Nobly decided to manually wash the dishes yesterday and cut my middle finger.

Thankfully I can still use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I can only assume that from an aerial view my car must look like a toilet given how regularly bird's ****e on it. And while sometimes its my fault when I absent-mindedly park in the vicinity of where they gather for their morning meeting and bathroom routine, its still incredibly annoying that my car seems to be favoured over others.

And whatever berries they eat this time of year makes it even messier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Experts on everything. In Jan and feb they were versed in the constitution and economics. Now, they’re virologists. A lad I am friends with is constantly CONSTANTLY talking about conspiracy theories and sharing barm pots talking about how this is being covered up, how lock down isn’t needed, take the vitamins and you don’t need to social distance... god forbid you point out the WHOS stance on things, no this lad and whoever he’s watching on YouTube before it’s removed knows more.

It fills me with an absolute irrational rage you wouldn’t even believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I have a friend like that..her mental health is in bits
    5g..chemtrails and now Covid... conspiracy theory abounds..5g is causing covid ...she looks to David Icke & YouTube for news as mainline media are lying to us

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

When a tragedy happens like suicide and people who are ordinarily cruel pretend to be oh so nice. There is a special level of hell for those people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Just had a Teams meeting where it took one colleague over a half an hour to get onto the videocall. She knew this meeting was happening last week. So why would you wait till the actual time it was on to try figure out how to work a computer? When she did get on she was sat in front of a window so you couldn't actually see her face because she was in silhouette. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Why can't the stupid weather make up its stupid mind and start raining properly? Big clouds rolling by, a nippy breeze, and just enough drizzle to wet the clothes you've on the line, but not enough to do any good to anything. Damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

When a tragedy happens like suicide and people who are ordinarily cruel pretend to be oh so nice. There is a special level of hell for those people.

How is that a trivial annoyance?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Neighbours playing horrendous drum and bass stuff in the garden. I might have to pop an e just to make it sound better!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,421 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

When you order something that you need for ergo purposes when WFH and the wrong (smaller, cheaper) product is sent to you :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

An unusually large amount of very weird users seem to have joined Boards.ie in April 2020 :confused:

...and sock puppets responding to themselves over and over again, even in the simplest threads - it's gets old fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

I have a friend like that..her mental health is in bits
    5g..chemtrails and now Covid... conspiracy theory abounds..5g is causing covid ...she looks to David Icke & YouTube for news as mainline media are lying to us

Antivaxer to?

Deja Boo wrote: »
    ...and sock puppets responding to themselves over and over again, even in the simplest threads - it's gets old fast.
    Are sock puppets programs that pretend to be people or something?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Are sock puppets programs that pretend to be people or something?

One person, two accounts, talking to themselves pretending to be two people.

New Home wrote: »
    Ah yes, you see that on youtube comments a lot. Saddos :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,117 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I only just realised yesterday, seeing the name actually in print on the screen, that the rte reporter's name is actually Juliette Gash and not what I thought it was, Julie Headgash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

New Home wrote: »

It's kinda funny when they forget to log out and change user, then quote their post with a reply all from the one account... Especially if it's been back and forth between the same two "users".... I don't get the mentality at all at all..... Too much time on their hands.

More than two accounts as well. There's definitely people on here with 3/4/5 accounts. These are the same kind of people that clog up emergency numbers with fake calls just looking for attention of any kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Vodafone are really peeing me off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

More than two accounts as well. There's definitely people on here with 3/4/5 accounts. These are the same kind of people that clog up emergency numbers with fake calls just looking for attention of any kind.

How do people come up with so many user names?

My first few attempts were rejected as already taken.... Though I've yet to come across anyone using them... So ended up googling cartoon characters... And yes the irony that this is the best I could find is not lost on me... But I did love the gummi bears :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭4Ad

Being in a cranky mood all evening, for no reason in the world, none at all...
    I should be so glad...
    Just one of them evenings..
    (Why is it always evenings ?)
    Hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

that annoys me, people having multiple accounts on facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

How do people come up with so many user names?

My first few attempts were rejected as already taken.... Though I've yet to come across anyone using them... So ended up googling cartoon characters... And yes the irony that this is the best I could find is not lost on me... But I did love the gummi bears :D

I do have the odd issue with names..I think of a brilliant one..and it's already taken...I have a look and see that sometimes it was actually me! in a previous existence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

that annoys me, people having multiple accounts on facebook

Saying they "can't remember the password" for one of them.

Gobsh*tes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I have shared this anecdote before but I had a manager once who nobly organised a bike ride in aid of aware. The same guy was directly responsible for one of his staff seeking counselling due to his behaviour towards them. Vile individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

When you sleep funny on your ear and you wake up with it sore in the middle of the night, then you move onto​ your other side but keep intermittently waking up with your lug still sore. Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Those tampon ads on the TV. If you've seen them, you'll know what I mean. Also the bladder leak Boutique ad. Totally unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Experts on everything. In Jan and feb they were versed in the constitution and economics. Now, they’re virologists. A lad I am friends with is constantly CONSTANTLY talking about conspiracy theories and sharing barm pots talking about how this is being covered up, how lock down isn’t needed, take the vitamins and you don’t need to social distance... god forbid you point out the WHOS stance on things, no this lad and whoever he’s watching on YouTube before it’s removed knows more.

To be fair, and I’ve mentioned it before on here but, the WHO, and our own medical “experts”, made mugs out of the lot of us at the start of this crisis.

While normal, levelheaded, people were telling people not to worry, this would be a “bad flu” and “you mightn’t even know you have it”, you then had Sinn Fein voters on Facebook telling us, without any foundation, that it was far worse than we were being told and the new Spanish Flu was on its way.

This had led to them becoming emboldened, to “double down” and act like they are the real “experts” on all things virus.

Even now, the party, itself, is riding the Gemmaroidal wave and jumping on the 5G “bandwagon”.

It’s madness but if the WHO had been “on the ball” early on we wouldn’t have Noeleen and Diarmuid on Facebook acting like they know more than the epidemiologists.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,881 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

They're experts on curling or something too during the winter Olympics, tennis during Wimbledon etc.
    All from the comfort of a high stool usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Win this car on Facebook competitions, :mad: Literally trigger me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement