Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When people talk too much in the morning. I prefer to emerge over time in relative silence, but chatterboxes just stress me out. It actually feels like an onslaught. Stop talking at me :(

And whistling before midday should be punishable by death.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Antares35 wrote: »
    When people talk too much in the morning. I prefer to emerge over time in relative silence, but chatterboxes just stress me out. It actually feels like an onslaught. Stop talking at me :(

And whistling before midday should be punishable by death.
    After the "I'm up and dressed, what more do you want?" mug, I give you..
    https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.xN-ZKKrUCrrGqO2yMlvQngHaHa&pid=Apith?id=OIP.xN-ZKKrUCrrGqO2yMlvQngHaHa&pid=Api

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The phrase “the most vulnerable group in society”

It has been used so often to describe so many different groups that it’s now pretty much meaningless when used to describe any section of society.
    In no particular order it’s used to describe children, special needs children, single parents, the mentally ill, homeless, people in direct provision, people with terminal illness, the elderly, people with hidden disabilities, people of colour, the unemployed, long term unemployed, people in any form of state care etc

I mean, I’d nearly think any group who weren’t described as the most vulnerable in society now are actually vulnerable as they clearly don’t have someone advocating strongly for them!

** just to be clear, this is a light hearted post. I’m not for one second saying that any of the above are not vulnerable in some way or marginalised, but my point is that the phrase ‘the most vulnerable in society’ seems to be the go-to descriptor about them, such that it’s kinda lost its impact.

Annoying overused word. Also used as euphemism for "scumbag."

"Wor abou de vunrubble?" is the new "wor abou de homeless?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

When people make no effort to spell correctly.
    I hate the way text speak is used so commonly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

It has been used so often to describe so many different groups that it’s now pretty much meaningless when used to describe any section of society. In no particular order it’s used to describe children, special needs children, single parents, the mentally ill, homeless, people in direct provision, people with terminal illness, the elderly, people with hidden disabilities, people of colour, the unemployed, long term unemployed, people in any form of state care etc

"Wor abou de vunrubble?" is the new "wor abou de homeless?"

Yeah don't get me started on the "I'm homeless", brigade.

Was going to post a rant but I won't.

Let's just say I'm TA'd by it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When I ring Eir, the recorded voice asks me to key in my account number so why does the customer service agent ask me my account number?!

People who refuse to cross to the other side of the path when you're walking towards them.
    I cross over nearly all the time but some people refuse to move.

Two TAs while out walking. A pair of cyclists coming towards me, cycling abreast, refused to go into single file or favour one side of the road or another in order for us to maintain a two metre distance. I had to stand practically in a ditch to get out of their way. Do they think lycra is the new PPE or something?

Also a speed van drove past at great speed! :D at least I assume it was a speed van. In any event, any vehicle emblazoned with pictures of speed cameras and stickers ordering people to go "go mall" speeding along a small road is an annoyance.

Philip Schofield still shîteing on about coming out a year later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Devil's advocate but I'd say people keep banging on about it to him as well, patronising the utter fck out of him "aren't ya so brave", "good for you" etc.

I'd say that's a TA in and of itself as well. Either way well done Phil stop shoving it down everyone's throat. We're happy for ya, move on now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

His poor wife gets no sympathy considering he essentially lied to her for decades and used her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    His poor wife gets no sympathy considering he essentially lied to her for decades and used her.

Didn't he give out about his wife's family supporting her and not him? That he was the real victim in all of this and not the wife.

Always TAd me that he was essentially celebrated as a hero for making his entire life with her a lie. I can't imagine how she feels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

They probably had an arrangement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Your Face wrote: »

Probably??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If this was the unpopular opinions thread. I'd say she had a fair idea and was happy to go along with it for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

Your Face wrote: »

Sexually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Daragh1980 wrote: »
    Sexually?

Sexually, financially and eventually for both to cash in on his 'outing'.

If this was the unpopular opinions thread. I'd say she had a fair idea and was happy to go along with it for the money.

Maybe eventually but I am sure she didn't marry the man and have children with him knowing he was gay. He did know though

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe eventually but I am sure she didn't marry the man and have children with him knowing he was gay. He did know though

That is correct of course and it’s still annoying how he’s still going on about it.
    I actually thought we couldn’t talk about it on here because the thread was closed fairly fast last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Had an argument with my mother. She watches 'The Voice'. She went on then they this one was a very good singer but wasn't picked because she was 'too old'. I said you do realise it is call the voice because they are judged on their voice and nothing else. No, she wouldn't listen.
    No, no they saw her beforehand. I said they have no way of seeing her unless they turn around. Still no use, she wouldn't have it.
    It's called The FCKING Voice like, the clue is in the name.
    Why must I be tortured so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

15 years after they have split. My OHs ex still gets brought up at least once on nights out (or nights in)..

MiliMe wrote: »
    15 years after they have split. My OHs ex still gets brought up at least once on nights out (or nights in)..

Why?

TA at dog owners who leave their dog outside overnight. I'll never understand it, to the day I die. There is a dog somewhere in my estate yelping really frantically. Clearly sounds like he doesn't want to be outside. Don't get a dog if you don't have patience for even the slightest thing about them. If you have one thing about dogs that you don't like, that isn't dangerous, literally any small thing -- do not get one.

It breaks my heart to hear a fcuking dog crying like that because I know what that sound is, it's stress and anxiety. The dog clearly doesn't cope well being outside.

Oh but sure as long as the owners have a nice clean living room. Seriously, fcuk you. Your dog isn't an ornament.

TA at dog owners who leave their dog outside overnight. I'll never understand it, to the day I die. There is a dog somewhere in my estate yelping really frantically. Clearly sounds like he doesn't want to be outside. Don't get a dog if you don't have patience for even the slightest thing about them. If you have one thing about dogs that you don't like, that isn't dangerous, literally any small thing -- do not get one.

It breaks my heart to hear a fcuking dog crying like that because I know what that sound is, it's stress and anxiety. The dog clearly doesn't cope well being outside.

Oh but sure as long as the owners have a nice clean living room. Seriously, fcuk you. Your dog isn't an ornament.

This times a million :( Dogs are social animals and it's beyond cruel to isolate them. Sometimes I hate people.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Why?

Always just some little comments. Most times is fine, shared history and all. Other times it's just been a long day/ month/ year and I just could do without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

When you pull a door out behind you and it catches on your heel and bounces back open again.

To thine own self be true

When you pull a door out behind you and it catches on your heel and bounces back open again.

Or when you pull open a door and it batters your bare toe. It's on par with standing on a plug, prong-side up, with no shoes on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ouch!!! I hope you didn't fracture anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Where's me snow???

Every time I check the forecast it seems to have been pushed out and/or downgraded. I generally take an "I'll believe it when I see it" approach to snow, otherwise I get reeeeeeaaalllly excited and I'm actually not able for the disappointment if/when it doesn't happen, but this one really seemed to be locked in so I allowed myself to look forward to it. Should have known better :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Where's me snow???

Every time I check the forecast it seems to have been pushed out and/or downgraded. I generally take an "I'll believe it when I see it" approach to snow, otherwise I get reeeeeeaaalllly excited and I'm actually not able for the disappointment if/when it doesn't happen, but this one really seemed to be locked in so I allowed myself to look forward to it. Should have known better :(

Hopefully the snow stays wherever it is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement