Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Coming from farming background, pets just about tolerated indoors, not a fcuking hope they're getting in bed with me after licking their balls and anus all day. Yuck.

Unusual for pets to be tolerated even inside with a farming background? I live in a farming area and it's all dogs tied up on chains outside their entire lives. So sad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Antares35 wrote: »
    Unusual for pets to be tolerated even inside with a farming background? I live in a farming area and it's all dogs tied up on chains outside their entire lives. So sad.

I would say so. Growing up, we had an old Labrador my father would allow to stay in sometimes during the day in his later years as the poor aul dog was getting on a bit. Never at night. Second dog was never allowed in. Our cat, in theory was kept outside but enforcing that rule during the day was just impractical though she was always put out for the night.

I'm from rural Donegal and we never used chains on our dogs. They pretty much lay around, did what they wanted and accompanied us on walks.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Exactly. Hardly "pets", poor things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭branie2

No signal from Sky on my tv at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Not a TA as such,but I'm in hospital.
    And I'm bored.
    Send me funny **** please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was in Aldi Today and a four year old kept on pointing at me saying I was a baddie/villain!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I was in Aldi Today and a four year old kept on pointing at me saying I was a baddie/villain!

You should have embraced it

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If you didnt reply with Muhahahahahahahaha I am disappointed in you. Moustache twirling and cape swirling optional but preferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm not the type to give out about sh1te I see on Facebook (at least not as often as I may have years ago) but this post really bugged the hell out of me.

So Today FM posted that children with special needs will be able to attend school today in a limited capacity or something along those lines.

A woman responded by saying "That’s every kid. At the moment they ALL have special needs" and another one said "I am not sure why they use the term special every child is special."

Negating the term "special needs" and what the term actually defines so that she can give out about her child not being in school. It's the same as the BLM/ALM crap last year. Yes, your brave little soldier is a very special boy and all children are special little tikes, but that is NOT what the term "special needs" derives from, you incompetent, ignorant, self-absored weapon.

She was trying to make her child's problems on par with that of those that do have special needs, which is disgusting. It takes away from the fact that those who suffer with ASD, among others, do require extra attention and extra effort into their academical growth, for obvious reasons, yet Little Miss Full-Time-Facebook feels insulted by this, as she thinks it's an indirect attack on her poor little angle*, who is every bit as special. Fcuk off, that p1ssed me off more than it needed to.

*the typo was deliberate, and is indicative of eejits of her type

Companies hiding behind covid as an excuse for poor service. Like BOI not being able to answer a phone. The tax office not taking calls at all, literally operating by email only. Don't even get me started on DPD. I can imagine me telling my boss "sorry that report is a bit ****, you know how it is with covid haha, oh and I didn't get that return in on time sure feck it the regulators will understand, sure covid and all". Yeah right :(

• Advertisement

I'm not the type to give out about sh1te I see on Facebook (at least not as often as I may have years ago) but this post really bugged the hell out of me.

So Today FM posted that children with special needs will be able to attend school today in a limited capacity or something along those lines.

A woman responded by saying "That’s every kid. At the moment they ALL have special needs" and another one said "I am not sure why they use the term special every child is special."

Negating the term "special needs" and what the term actually defines so that she can give out about her child not being in school. It's the same as the BLM/ALM crap last year. Yes, your brave little soldier is a very special boy and all children are special little tikes, but that is NOT what the term "special needs" derives from, you incompetent, ignorant, self-absored weapon.

She was trying to make her child's problems on par with that of those that do have special needs, which is disgusting. It takes away from the fact that those who suffer with ASD, among others, do require extra attention and extra effort into their academical growth, for obvious reasons, yet Little Miss Full-Time-Facebook feels insulted by this, as she thinks it's an indirect attack on her poor little angle*, who is every bit as special. Fcuk off, that p1ssed me off more than it needed to.

*the typo was deliberate, and is indicative of eejits of her type
    Oh FFS I hate parents like that. It's a bit like when people say "all babies are beautiful" eh no they're not Dorris, some of them seriously lucked out in the genetics lottery, it's just we aren't allowed say that because it's not very nice!

Companies hiding behind covid as an excuse for poor service. Like BOI not being able to answer a phone. The tax office not taking calls at all, literally operating by email only. Don't even get me started on DPD. I can imagine me telling my boss "sorry that report is a bit ****, you know how it is with covid haha, oh and I didn't get that return in on time sure feck it the regulators will understand, sure covid and all". Yeah right :(

Online distributors blaming COVID drives me up the wall as well, as my postman, and the couriers, have never been so on-time ever since this whole shyte started (minus obvious typical crap from certain courier services that were just as bad before covid started). He's even managed to deliver my parcels on Saturdays and SUNDAYS!! (SUNDAY LIKE!!!). My postman has been on form this past year. So when online shops blame any delays on covid, especially local, I just laugh it off

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If you didnt reply with Muhahahahahahahaha I am disappointed in you. Moustache twirling and cape swirling optional but preferred.

I didn't I just made sure to stare him out of it.
    It was lucky he didn't see my almost shaved head and silver chain.

Oh FFS I hate parents like that. It's a bit like when people say "all babies are beautiful" eh no they're not Dorris, some of them seriously lucked out in the genetics lottery, it's just we aren't allowed say that because it's not very nice!

Stop it pisses me off so much. Someone actually tried to clue me in and "school" me by saying the term "special needs" doesn't get used anymore, which is absolute nonsense. I told her this, and her response was "do you work in Social Care? NO you don't. So what would you know?"

My response was: "My wife does. She has an hons degree in Social Care and has a brother who is in his 20s and has ASD. Her whole family are very clued up on it, and the term Special Needs is very much a common term. Being a part of this family, and with the woman for a decade, I think I know enough."

Her response was (and I found this extremely cheeky): "well ask her how old her degree is because that term is not being used .. anyways it is the ‘special’ people that went against it not the social care workers ..."

My response to that was: "Not that that's any of your business but she got her certificate last year, well August 2020 so a year and a few months"

She never responded since. I don't know if it's because she hadn't a thing to say in response to that, or she's busy and has to tend to other matters. Time will tell but if she hasn't got a single argument to justify her bullshít opinion and severely erroneous information, then she knows she was wrong.

Met Eireann issues ten hour snow warning for twenty counties. F. Off met Eireann. First it was starting 6am Sunday. Then 6pm Sunday. Then Thursday am. Now Friday pm. Well, keep guessing and eventually you will hit it - even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I thought the graupel yesterday was slippy but today it's normal snow and is more slippy.

Couldn't get through some areas
    IMG-20210211-104930.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Met Eireann issues ten hour snow warning for twenty counties. F. Off met Eireann. First it was starting 6am Sunday. Then 6pm Sunday. Then Thursday am. Now Friday pm. Well, keep guessing and eventually you will hit it - even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

In fairness, it's Met Éireann, they have the same concept of time as the typical Irish person saying they'll leave the pub in 5 mins. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Cooker on the blink - no power going to it. By the sounds of it, needs an electrician to check the wall switch and repair / replace whatever.

Have been trying to get electrician since last Friday. A string of broken promises and unreturned messages. I don't how people can live with themselves - I feel guilty if I don't reply to an email within 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

They all look the same to me, like mini Winston Churchills.

They all look the same to me, like mini Winston Churchills.

Maybe parents should stop giving their babies cigars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Justin Bieber squealing on MTV every day. Some of his old dance collabs were bearable but that insanely bad one with Ed Sheeran is terrible. Then he has two new ones basically with him whining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I lost the foam cover that goes over the microphone on my work headset. It was there on a call this morning, now it is gone. I have looked everywhere and there is no sign of it but I haven’t been out of the house today. I even took off my hoodie to check it didn’t get caught up in that but there is no sign of it :confused:

Justin Bieber squealing on MTV every day. Some of his old dance collabs were bearable but that insanely bad one with Ed Sheeran is terrible. Then he has two new ones basically with him whining.

They still have MTV?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

Poochie05 wrote:
    I lost the foam cover that goes over the microphone on my work headset. It was there on a call this morning, now it is gone. I have looked everywhere and there is no sign of it but I haven’t been out of the house today. I even took off my hoodie to check it didn’t get caught up in that but there is no sign of it

That could be a Netflix series....the vanishing of the foam cover :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

They still have MTV?!

It exists. My channels were cut with Brexit. I listen to the music while I work.

When the water from the tap is so hot it feels cold

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I lost the foam cover that goes over the microphone on my work headset. It was there on a call this morning, now it is gone. I have looked everywhere and there is no sign of it but I haven’t been out of the house today. I even took off my hoodie to check it didn’t get caught up in that but there is no sign of it :confused:

In about 15 years, you’ll have a routine x-ray, and it’ll be discovered in your right lung. It’ll end up in the “odd stories” section of the news world wide for about two weeks. There’ll be a thread about it here on AH and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I’ll leave a note for future me to remember to post on that thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

They still have MTV?!
    It exists. My channels were cut with Brexit. I listen to the music while I work.

The last time I watched MTV which was a long time ago granted, they were only showing reality tv shows and no actual music on the channel.

Is it any better now?

I used to watch VHI, Kerrang and a bit of Skuzz when I had Sky yonks ago.

But MTV wasn't worth a w*nk from what I remember :P

• Advertisement

I ordered some car parts from Japan which were sent by express postage. I get a text from DHL the day after the order was placed to say they would deliver it on the 11th, I'm in rush with it so if it took a few weeks its fine. It didn't turn up yesterday or today so I tracked it today and the fecking thing is in Hong Kong

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement