Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I ordered some car parts from Japan which were sent by express postage. I get a text from DHL the day after the order was placed to say they would deliver it on the 11th, I'm in rush with it so if it took a few weeks its fine. It didn't turn up yesterday or today so I tracked it today and the fecking thing is in Hong Kong

sorry Pete but that made me laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I ordered some car parts from Japan which were sent by express postage. I get a text from DHL the day after the order was placed to say they would deliver it on the 11th, I'm in rush with it so if it took a few weeks its fine. It didn't turn up yesterday or today so I tracked it today and the fecking thing is in Hong Kong

Good luck waiting since before xmas for car part. Seems loads of stuff still sitting in Dublin Port.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The last time I watched MTV which was a long time ago granted, they were only showing reality tv shows and no actual music on the channel.

Is it any better now?

I used to watch VHI, Kerrang and a bit of Skuzz when I had Sky yonks ago.

But MTV wasn't worth a w*nk from what I remember :P

I don't have a penis to ****. I like the RnB channel and some of the older music. It gets repetitive though. I don't have the reality channels just a few music ones. All cut with Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Found a few Oreos in a pack in the press I’d forgotten about. Bingo!

Pop one out to discover one of the kids has been at them - opened each one up like a clam, scooped out the filling, then put the bare biscuit bits back in the pack.

I mean, I’m still going to eat them, but what kind of monsters am I raising?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pop one out to discover one of the kids has been at them - opened each one up like a clam, scooped out the filling, then put the bare biscuit bits back in the pack.

That's a paddlin'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Obviously, an evil genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,931 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Not really trivial but everytime I sit down and relax , I puke up. It seems to be getting worse. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Microsoft SwiftKey keyboard on the phone telling me how many taps I've saved. I wonder if it counts how many times I've had to I do it's interpretation of what I've typed.

*I do shouldn't been undo

*Shouldn't should've been should've

It is what it's.

what kind of monsters am I raising?

Politicians.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

The last time I watched MTV which was a long time ago granted, they were only showing reality tv shows and no actual music on the channel.

Is it any better now?

It used to be great. MTV Select after school with Richard Blackwood and Donna Air.
    There was another show that was good with June Sarpong, then a fairly decent R&B thing with Zane something.
    I think they did a Top 20 rundown which is always good.

• Advertisement

You're welcome to come around and tear mine every year. :D

I'll just quote that out of context.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

cj maxx wrote: »
    Not really trivial but everytime I sit down and relax , I puke up. It seems to be getting worse. :(

...........go to the doctor! :eek:

My TA is not trivial in the broad sense but it's trivial for me because it has no affect on my life whatsoever but just seeing it from an outside point of view is kinda frustrating.

but Bam Margera; would he ever just sort himself out? Lad's ruining (or possibly already ruined) his life and he's gonna end up on a "Tragically passed away" headline if he doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I live in a housing estate. Houses are 15 years old.

One of the neighbours decided to get their roof power washed. Then a couple of weeks later, the house next door did it too.

Is there really anybody so together and organised that “power wash my relatively new roof” is at the very top of their to-do list?

And what are the chances of two of these exceptionally organised and complete people living right beside each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Exasperated is NOT a synonym for exacerbated

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Sea swimmers who post all over Instagram about their sea swimming in an attempt to show how hardy and virtuous they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The 's**t sandwich' technique in relaying feedback.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,931 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

...........go to the doctor! :eek:

ive been to the doctor, and the physio. Still not much help after 12 months. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is it any better now?

Was great back in the early noughties, you had Chill Out Zone which was excellent and the likes of the Tom Green Show,Ren and Stimpy, Adult Swim Cartoons and Mystery Science Theatre 3000.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A TA for me is following a very long thread and you go to like a post at the top of the page and realised you have already thanked it and it brings you to bottom of the page. :mad:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Google "Assistant" on the phone Ive just started using sticking her oar in when I'm trying to DO SOMETHING. Told it to Fcuk off
    "I'm sorry you feel like that blah blah"

GRRRRRR

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A TA for me is following a very long thread and you go to like a post at the top of the page and realised you have already thanked it and it brings you to bottom of the page. :mad:

If you press arrow back it'll bring you back to the post you were in. If you're on the phone, click on the three dots to find it.

boards.ie + emoji = ��

It is what it's.

I was over charged by 20 euro in Lidl today and I only just realised it. It was chaotic in there as well. I also saw on FB this morning about a woman being over charged in Lidl in Carlow and her daughter went on the page to tell people to watch out. I should have looked at the receipt in the car. Have to go all the way back there before it closes and I just got into my pjs. Bollox

Lost my house keys in the park earlier >:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I was over charged by 20 euro in Lidl today and I only just realised it. It was chaotic in there as well. I also saw on FB this morning about a woman being over charged in Lidl in Carlow and her daughter went on the page to tell people to watch out. I should have looked at the receipt in the car. Have to go all the way back there before it closes and I just got into my pjs. Bollox

How did they overcharge by that amount.....is something scanning wrong ?

How did they overcharge by that amount.....is something scanning wrong ?

They said I bought 3 punnets of nectarines for 5.99 each but I didn't. It must be an issue with the till, it was 18 euro actually not 20. The same as the woman on FB, she said her mother was charged for plums she didn't buy?
    If it was 4 or so euro I would let it go but my broadband bill is due and that will pay towards it. I should have checked earlier.

RTE News' 5-minute long ad breaks.

It is what it's.

This is where the Lidl app just causes price hazing. People lose track of what they're supposed to be paying or picking up the wrong free/discounted item.

It could also be some nimble-fingered checkout staff pocketing the difference. There's often a set of codes they have beside the checkout if something can't be scanned. Definitely worth reporting to Lidl over social either way.

*I should add that I've never had a problem with staff and they've always helped very apologetically if I spot something!

It is what it's.

They said I bought 3 punnets of nectarines for 5.99 each but I didn't. It must be an issue with the till, it was 18 euro actually not 20. The same as the woman on FB, she said her mother was charged for plums she didn't buy?
    If it was 4 or so euro I would let it go but my broadband bill is due and that will pay towards it. I should have checked earlier.

Pain in the arse having to go back down but Lidl are always excellent about refunds etc so you should be sorted immediately.
    oneweb wrote: »
    This is where the Lidl app just causes price hazing. People lose track of what they're supposed to be paying or picking up the wrong free/discounted item.

It could also be some nimble-fingered checkout staff pocketing the difference. There's often a set of codes they have beside the checkout if something can't be scanned. Definitely worth reporting to Lidl over social either way.

Highly doubt there's anything nefarious behind it, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

****ing Scotland.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement